Suggestion Suggested development for skills/reminders

RonBSM

Lord of Dark Tunnels
Tribe Council
Mar 26, 2020
Port Talbot

This site is handy for Age of Sigmar reminders and a redditor has suggested that this might be something handy for necromunda.

My thoughts are yes... this would be good... perhaps selecting skills/weapons could generate a separate sheet which comes with the gang cards/sheets and lists the reminders- a bit like a filtered info she

Reactions: Mutant Modifier

cardyfreak

Executive Officer in charge of Radishes
Staff member
Necromunda Custodian
Tribe Council
Sep 15, 2012
Alnwick, Northumberland
yaktribe.org
Malo had tooltips for skills and whatnot a while back but got a c&d from GW and had to take them down. It might be something that can be revisited when gw isn’t actively selling rulebooks for Necromunda anymore but i suspect anything that GW feels removes the need for someone to have a rulebook in front of them would be met with similar action.

cardyfreak

Staff member
Necromunda Custodian
Tribe Council
Sep 15, 2012
Alnwick, Northumberland
yaktribe.org
Well, I should be more accurate and say it wasn’t strictly a c&d, it was more a request by Andy Hoare to remove a printable page that had skills and weapon traits listed.
But yeah, we had something like that to save having to flick through various books but alas it was removed.

TopsyKretts

Hive Guilder
Tribe Council
Dec 29, 2017
Norway
We can expect to have a total of 96 unique skills spread out in a total of 9 books. I wonder if we ever needed all those in the first place? Anyone wanted 2-3 times amount of skills before 2017? I know a common request these days is skill balance. No amount of books seems to fix that.

RonBSM

Lord of Dark Tunnels
Tribe Council
Mar 26, 2020
Port Talbot
It wouldn't necessarily need to actually say what the skills do. Even just something that says
"Beginning of activation: Overseer, Spring-up, Chem-Synth"
"charged by enemy: Fearsome"

and so on.
Yes actually... this.

If we were to consider the current set up here on the tribe... just have the ganger name, and then the context specific reference note as you've said!

Eg.
Skullshank
*insert time to use, name of skill

Etc etc.

That would surely bypass the need to satisfy GW?

cardyfreak

Staff member
Necromunda Custodian
Tribe Council
Sep 15, 2012
Alnwick, Northumberland
yaktribe.org
I think there is already a flow-chart style document in the vault that has a step-by-step guide as to how to carry out actions and in what order things occur, and when various skills trigger through the different steps of shooting or combat etc.

I can’t think what it was called, greater minds than mine may remember but it’s definitely there.

RonBSM

Lord of Dark Tunnels
Tribe Council
Mar 26, 2020
Port Talbot
I had a trawl through... (56 pages of vault!!! Before I realised I could filter)...

And sadly couldn't find anything relative to this.

Closest thing was:

Reference.png

Reactions: cardyfreak

cardyfreak

Staff member
Necromunda Custodian
Tribe Council
Sep 15, 2012
Alnwick, Northumberland
yaktribe.org
I had a trawl through... (56 pages of vault!!! Before I realised I could filter)...

And sadly couldn't find anything relative to this.

Closest thing was:

View attachment 112244
Ah that’s the thing I was talking about. Wouldn’t take too much to add skills etc into though, would it? Is the file editable?

RonBSM

Lord of Dark Tunnels
Tribe Council
Mar 26, 2020
Port Talbot
Not sure.

Although I think a little tech wizardry might be the best option here.

For instance... the Spring Up skill.

You attribute that to a model and in the gang card for that model it tells you that you can use the skill "at the start of the fighters activation".

That's it. Job done. A simple summary that you can see per model. Maybe a page reference in the compendium rulebook for them to refer to.