N18 Sump spider scenerios?

Aulenback

Gang Hero
Mar 29, 2016
Halifax, NS, Canada
Are you looking for N18? Or ORB rules? There is a scenario in the Vault for Original Rules "the great white sump spider," but it won't be for N18. If you hit the Vault, go to Necromunda > Scenarios, and then click on the ORB tag in front of any of the ORB scenarios, it will give you the list of just Original Rules scenarios. One of them is a morotcycles-against-Moby-Dick-of-spiders scenario.

Thorgor

Of The YAQ
Oct 12, 2015
Issy-les-Moulineaux 92130 France
Just to be sure, I checked the N18 books and Sump Spiders are only mentioned in passing in the Rulebook (page 149, Underhive creatures brown box) and The Book of Peril (page 82, The Conveyer scenario, Arbitrating the scenario brown box)
There is no profile or anything really worth your time though, just the usual "Eh, wouldn't it be cool if there were Sump spiders in your game? Go make your own!"
Didn't check the WD articles, but I don't remember them having profiles for underhive creatures.
There is a couple articles on WC about using large monsters in your scenarios (this one, and this other one specific to the Ambull), but they only scratch the surface.

Petitioner's City

Gang Champion
Nov 15, 2017
Edinburgh, UK
I have some rules for my campaign, recreating the bestiary of Outlanders, classified into horrors and vermin (alongside human characters, as well as automata & cybords),

The Gigantic Spider is a "horror", and may replace a sump horror in scenarios involving it.

The Giant Spiders are 'vermin' (alongside carrion critters, borewyrms, brainleaf zombies, carrion bats, giant rats, miliasaurs, ripper jacks, sumpkrocs and wild canids). Up to D6 vermin may be deployed instead of a beast's lair at the end of deployment.

GIGANTIC SPIDERS

In the deepest depths of the underhive truly monstrous spiders lurk in the eternal gloom. Despite the dangers of these behemoths, hunters seek them out for their meat, venom and jewel like eyes.

A gigantic Spider may be accompanied by D3 Giant Spiders – either Wolf Spiders and/or Orb Spiders.​

M
WS
BS
S
T
W
I
A
Ld
Cl
Will
Int
6’’​
4+​
4+​
5​
4​
4​
2+​
2​
6+​
6+​
6+​
12+​

Weapons: The Gigantic Spider is armed with Vicious Jaws and its Web Spit:

Range​
Accuracy​
Weapon
S​
L​
S​
L​
S​
Ap​
D​
Am​
Traits
Gigantic Spider’s Webs
6​
12​
+1​
-1​
4​
-​
-​
2+​
Web, Blast (3’’), Leave in Place
Vicious Jaws
-​
E​
-​
-​
S​
-1​
1​
-​
Melee, Rending
Venomous Bites
-​
E​
-​
-​
-​
-​
-​
-​
Melee, Toxin

Special Rules

Clamber
– When the fighter climbs, the vertical distance they move is not halved. In other words, they always count as climbing up or down a ladder.

Chitin – The Gigantic Spider has a 4+ armour save.

Spit Webs: The starting position of the spider is marked by a 3’’ web marker, and when it shoots its webs, leave the spider’s web template in place after it has fired. These represent the spider laying its web traps.

A potential victim that moves into a web has to pass an Initiative test on 1D6 to avoid being entangled (with 1 always a fail), but if this is their second move or they are Charging, must test on 2D6 (with 2 always being a fail). Once entangled, the victim counts as Webbed, and may be attacked by the spider or other fighters. Spiders are immune to their own and other Spiders’ webs.

Trail Lines: The model also counts as being equipped with a Grapnel Launcher.

Terror: If an enemy makes a Charge action that targets this fighter, they must make a Willpower check before moving, rolling 3D6 and choosing the two lowest dice. If the check is failed, they cannot move and their action ends immediately.
GIANT SPIDERS

Many forms of mutant spiders grow to great size in the Underhive – up to several feet in size. These are so common, they have traditionally been associated with Necromunda and the most famous Imperial Guard regiment recruited on Necromunda are known as the Spiders.

Wolf Spider
M
WS
BS
S
T
W
I
A
Ld
Cl
Will
Int
8’’​
4+​
6+​
4​
3​
1​
2+​
1​
9+​
6+​
6+​
12+​

Orb Spider
M
WS
BS
S
T
W
I
A
Ld
Cl
Will
Int
4’’​
4+​
6+​
3​
3​
1​
2+​
1​
9+​
6+​
6+​
12+​

Weapons: Wolf Spiders are armed with their viscous jaws and venonous bites Orb spiders are armed with their webs and venomous bites:

Range​
Accuracy​
Weapon
S​
L​
S​
L​
S​
Ap​
D​
Am​
Traits
Vicious Jaws
(Wolf Spider)
-​
E​
-​
-​
S​
-1​
1​
-​
Melee, Rending
Web Spit
(Orb Spider)
4​
8​
+1​
-1​
3​
-​
-​
2+​
Web, Blast (3’’), Leave in Place
Venomous Bites (both)
-​
E​
-​
-​
-​
-​
-​
-​
Melee, Toxin

Special Rules

Clamber
– When the fighter climbs, the vertical distance they move is not halved. In other words, they always count as climbing up or down a ladder.

Chitin – Spiders have a 6+ armour save.

Fear – If an enemy makes a Charge action that targets this fighter, they must make a Willpower check before moving. If the check is failed, they cannot move and their action ends immediately

Spit Webs – The starting position of an Orb Spider is marked by a 3’’ web marker, and when it shoots its webs, leave the spider’s web template in place after it has fired. These represent the spider laying its web traps.​

A potential victim that moves into a web has to pass an Initiative test on 1D6 to avoid being entangled, and if this is their second move or they are Charging, must test of 2D6. Once entangled, the victim counts as Webbed, and may be attacked by the spider or other fighters. Spiders are immune to their own and other Spiders’ webs.

Trail Lines – Both Orb and Wolf Spider mode counts as being equipped with a Grapnel Launcher.
For more of these rules, check out the extract with my bestiary here.

Last edited:
Reactions: pathatrick

pathatrick

Ganger
Aug 28, 2017
Camp Hill, PA, USA
Reactions: Aulenback

Petitioner's City

Gang Champion
Nov 15, 2017
Edinburgh, UK
The toughness and wounds seem low on those. Very cool ideas though, I especially like the counts as grapnel launcher. "The Great White One" has interesting ideas as well. https://yaktribe.games/community/vault/the-great-white-one.84/
Thanks. The T4 and 4W are straight out of Outlanders; I wondered the same at first, but ultimately I want the spider to be subtle, not a tank, and the rulesforce its controlling player to be careful, sneaky and frightening, just like a real spider. Anyway, it's easy to add an extra point of toughness, 2 more wounds and 2 more attacks to it, to make the Great White One (Md6+5, WS7 BS0 S6 T5 W6 I3 A4 Ld10) - but that one was a boss fight version compared to normal Gigantic Spiders which were the stats as above (M5 WS3 BS3 S5 W4 I4 A2 Ld7).

I also changed grapnels so you can use them to go into base-to-base (in fact, you can use anything to go into base-to-base, but only charge leads to an immediate fight, headbutt, crushing blow, envelop, etc., action.