• YakTribe will be migrated to a new server on Monday night, April 12th after 2am GMT and should be available on Tuesday morning.

Surviving Covid-19 - Yak Support Network!

Galtarr

Gang Hero
Mar 1, 2017
Ok, apologies for a UK centric post but we've had an announcement about timeline for leaving lockdown and I'm trying to work out implications for getting some games in. (I am only working out what is allowed not what is advisable, people are welcome to not play til they are comfortable had vaccination's etc.. people obvs have different situations re. Health etc..)

That said:
Outdoor games: Mar 29th? 2 Households /6 in gardens?
Indoor games: May 17th

The bit I'm not clear on is gaming venues? Do we think they come under shops Apr 12th?, Hospitality -May 17th? Or other June21st?
I'd guess May or June but not certain?

_117158447_lockdowntimelinegraphic-nc.png

Would be keen to know how other people are reading it or rather how their flgs are?

Reactions: BearsWillEatYou

Ben_S

Hive Lord
Honored Tribesman
Jul 26, 2015
Southampton, UK
If you're looking at the earliest dates allowed by that timeline, then I would say two people can sit - and play a game - in your garden from 8th March and that gaming stores with playing space will be able to host games from 12th April (this is either part of retail or indoor leisure).

Hosting games in your own house, with others from outside the household, may have to wait until 17th May, but it seems there are other options before that.

ClanBuckCANS

Gang Champion
Dec 30, 2017
Bridgewater, Nova Scotia, Canada
@ClanBuckCANS my entire state was completely unprepared for that storm. We get more 40C days a year than 0C days. At one point 50% of my city was without power. So pathetic.
I don't think I have ever seen a year in my life with out snow. Heck there was one year I almost didn't see summer. Thanks MT ST Hellens. I hope I didn't insult you. I am more than aware that Canada is more like the frozen planet of Hoth (our weather News has actually refered to certain zones some winters as being colder), and that the southern reaches of the USA, is more akin to Tattoine.

Frig that was hard, writing that on a cracked screen, with an autocorrect possessed by none other than Loki the god of mischief. Not to mention, most touch screens work through thermodynamics, meaning If yer fingers long not having any feeling in them due to living in de great white north all yer life. Touch screens tend to look at ya, and tells ya to go eff yer self with a pine cone. And dey normally be referring to the ones from da Douglas Furs. . . As big as her head!! Don't ya know.

Ok, that was even a long strech of sillynes for me.

ClanBuckCANS

Gang Champion
Dec 30, 2017
Ok, apologies for a UK centric post but we've had an announcement about timeline for leaving lockdown and I'm trying to work out implications for getting some games in. (I am only working out what is allowed not what is advisable, people are welcome to not play til they are comfortable had vaccination's etc.. people obvs have different situations re. Health etc..)

That said:
Outdoor games: Mar 29th? 2 Households /6 in gardens?
Indoor games: May 17th

The bit I'm not clear on is gaming venues? Do we think they come under shops Apr 12th?, Hospitality -May 17th? Or other June21st?
I'd guess May or June but not certain?

View attachment 127344

Would be keen to know how other people are reading it or rather how their flgs are?
And yet you don't even touch "April 12* Non-essential retail and -->personal care<--

The hell.
No personal care. . . .come on people . . . Some of us need to make a living. . . And we cannot do that without our personal care. . . . I mean how are the . . . . People. . . . Who . . . Um. . . .oh. . . .right. . . Cannot talk about that . . . Um . . .

*This has been a public ridiculous advisement*

• Haha
Reactions: Galtarr

ClanBuckCANS

Gang Champion
Dec 30, 2017
And yet you don't even touch "April 12* Non-essential retail and -->personal care<--

The hell.
No personal care. . . .come on people . . . Some of us need to make a living. . . And we cannot do that without our personal care. . . . I mean how are the . . . . People. . . . Who . . . Um. . . .oh. . . .right. . . Cannot talk about that . . . Um . . .

*This has been a public ridiculous advisement*
It would seem there was a little bit more sillyness in me after all. . ..

Please don't lynch me

ClanBuckCANS

Gang Champion
Dec 30, 2017
Ok, ok.

With my jackassery out of the way. At least for the moment (it's not meant to be mean it's my coping skills in situations like this). Nova Scotia Canada is doing okish. Well except for Halifax, sorry the dude up in that area who's name I cannot find because of my crappy autocorrect. I am still somewhat house bound, along with my two boys, 6yr and 2yr, mother in law and father in law. Wife is working at a daycare, and 11yr old daughter is living the high life of intro to French Immersion at grade 6. Ah middle school. . . .

Been modeling my ass off, will post pics probably tomorrow, as I have taken on the master nautical from house of blades and the book of Peril. As well as the Khimerix, or at least my take on it. Karloth Valois is almost done, as is three of the 105th. Grace is ready for paint. . . I think. Gozen, had a accident and had some reconstruction to go through (not having a Rolly chair sucks). And Frieda is almost doneish.

I also wanted to thank all of you for being there to talk to. While I have been sporadic in my postings, I still am greatful for our community. I probably would be a raving mad man by this point without you people(let's just skip over the fact that I was one long before coming on here. Ok?).

Sundown Dreamer

Gang Champion
Mar 6, 2018
Tübingen, Deutschland
I don't know if that was just missing me, but Twitch has some "Hang Out and Play" in which a Necromunda campaign is played since four weeks.
This is also interesting because of the pandemic-compatible type of gameplay with four players via cameras. Here is the link to the last part so far:

Malo

YakTribe Mechanicum
Staff member
Yak Founder
Feb 17, 2011
York, PA, USA
yaktribe.games
Stupid COVID. Messing with everything in our lives. Tribe meet casualty once again (n)

Our gaming group wants to start getting together again and it would be good to get some in person stuff going. It has been so long... Limited to Pathfinder online every week. It's something.

Weather is very slowly getting better, snow is melting and I got out into the trails today on my mountain bike. Looking forward to some regular riding again. Maybe lose some winter beer belly.

Kids are at school each day at least but with distancing, masks and heavy restrictions, it's hardly a fun experience for them.

SuboptimusPrime

Gang Hero
Yak Comp 1st Place
Jan 19, 2019
Sectoris XII | Castrum Vindobona | Austria
Since this place is fairly anonymous, it's oddly enough the only place I can tell anyone that I got jabbed yesterday. I was instructed to keep the whole thing on the down-low because doctors here don't want to be the fall guys for how absurdly broken our vaccine distribution system is. But long story short, I was in a register for leftover doses and never thought it'd amount to anything. But lo, yesterday morning I got a call along the lines of "There's a leftover treatment for reasons we cannot disclose, you were randomly chosen from people nearby, do you want it?" and of course I said yes.

The rest was pretty unceremonious for something so important. I got there, the nurse meets me in the empty waiting room, I fill out several forms to denote the whole thing is 100% official and legit. Then the doctor comes out and jabs me right then and there before going back into the other room in what felt like one fluid motion, the nurse tells me she'll call me about the second dose in a few weeks and to call them if anything out of the ordinary happens. Just like that., it's done. Weird.

Punktaku

Un-Dis-Honored
Honored Tribesman
Apr 4, 2017
Connecticut, USA
Yeah. The way that’s been explained here is they once the vaccine is thawed for injection, it cannot be refrozen. Walgreens has taken a lot of bad publicity for tossing out unused vaccine for that reason. Other places having waiting lists for unused doses like the one you were on.

I’m in a weird limbo because I’m too young for this group or that group, but I’m an “essential worker” but not that kind of essential worker...

Sundown Dreamer

Gang Champion
Mar 6, 2018
Tübingen, Deutschland
As far as I know, however, all vaccines can be stored in the refrigerator for a certain period of time after preparation.

There was a lot of excitement and anger here because of the distribution of unused vaccines, for example because some did not want a certain vaccine or missed their appointments. Also because some secretly preferred themselves and pushed ahead, while many people who need it much more urgently still have to wait. But for example six hours should actually be more than enough time to invite the next ones and to be able to vaccinate them regularly.

And unfortunately, progress is still very slow.

I'm waiting, too. The vaccine are like a light at the end of the tunnel. But the possibility of vaccininations shouldn't let us forget that until that happens, we can and should protect ourselves. - This works quite well on its own, but it is much more difficult for very ill or the older people in retirement and nursing homes.

Last edited:
Reactions: SuboptimusPrime

SuboptimusPrime

Gang Hero
Yak Comp 1st Place
Jan 19, 2019
Sectoris XII | Castrum Vindobona | Austria
And those were all thoughts entering my mind while I walked to the doctor's, "do I deserve this", "am I being selfish" etc. And I admit, I assuaged my mind by telling myself it will make helping my parents and grandparents easier, which it does, but I did game the system, that is a truth I cannot deny, even if the system itself was set up to specifically work that way.

And our system is very weird. Example: My Dad got his shot today because he's above 65 and a staff member of the volunteer fire department, and those are two high vaccination priority groups in the district my parents live in, so he was fast-tracked. My uncle is also a member of the fire brigade, but municipal, and those are medium priority because they are state employees and thus he's not getting his shot until early April because he's also just recently turned 60 and not retired yet. It really is a big old federal mess on the ground here.

almic85

Cranky Git
Tribe Council
Oct 30, 2014
Palmerston, ACT, Australia
And those were all thoughts entering my mind while I walked to the doctor's, "do I deserve this", "am I being selfish" etc. And I admit, I assuaged my mind by telling myself it will make helping my parents and grandparents easier, which it does, but I did game the system, that is a truth I cannot deny, even if the system itself was set up to specifically work that way.

And our system is very weird. Example: My Dad got his shot today because he's above 65 and a staff member of the volunteer fire department, and those are two high vaccination priority groups in the district my parents live in, so he was fast-tracked. My uncle is also a member of the fire brigade, but municipal, and those are medium priority because they are state employees and thus he's not getting his shot until early April because he's also just recently turned 60 and not retired yet. It really is a big old federal mess on the ground here.
Should you feel guilty for receiving a vaccination that was going to be wasted? No.

There are plenty of reasons why they have set up the system the way it is , and I wouldn’t be worrying about if I games the system if I put my name down and it got picked.

Also if yours is done (using a vaccine that would have been thrown in the bin) then that is one less person to be vaccinated later and alleviates some of the logistical issues they are still obviously dealing with.

As for your second point about the wired rules, again I would just accept that they have made the rules as they are for a reason and get on with it. There are going to be a bunch of seemingly arbitrary cut offs that have been decided for some reason. If you know someone that fits into multiple categories then they should need the vaccine more than someone who doesn’t fit into any of the categories, but there will always be people who just miss out on multiple categories.

ClanBuckCANS

Gang Champion
Dec 30, 2017
Sweet sump spiders! I mean dudes, you've been inoculated, woot! Feeling selfish? Dude my governments (provincial and federal) are catching so much flack about the distribution of the injections, because the first dose and the second are almost identical. So some provinces just decided to inoculate as many as possible, and then scream bloody murder till they get another shipment of doses .. . . . Four fricking months later!!!

Reactions: SuboptimusPrime

Sundown Dreamer

Gang Champion
Mar 6, 2018
Tübingen, Deutschland
Oh yes, I am also still waiting and also very dissatisfied with our governments and their chaos. For some days I briefly thought that I could soon go to my doctor's office and was already looking forward to it, but that is now taking what feels like an eternity.

I also noticed that I am apparently not feeling well either mentally or psychologically. Connections, concentration and attention, everything is weak. Tuesday was really bad for me because of my lungs and I think it's still having an effect.

But always try to think positively and do not give up hope that better and better days will come again.

In this sense, all the best and a good time. Stay healthy, or if somebody is ill a good recovery.