Surviving Covid-19 - Yak Support Network!

Galtarr

Gang Hero
Mar 1, 2017
Ok, apologies for a UK centric post but we've had an announcement about timeline for leaving lockdown and I'm trying to work out implications for getting some games in. (I am only working out what is allowed not what is advisable, people are welcome to not play til they are comfortable had vaccination's etc.. people obvs have different situations re. Health etc..)

That said:
Outdoor games: Mar 29th? 2 Households /6 in gardens?
Indoor games: May 17th

The bit I'm not clear on is gaming venues? Do we think they come under shops Apr 12th?, Hospitality -May 17th? Or other June21st?
I'd guess May or June but not certain?

_117158447_lockdowntimelinegraphic-nc.png

Would be keen to know how other people are reading it or rather how their flgs are?

Reactions: BearsWillEatYou

Ben_S

Hive Lord
Honored Tribesman
Jul 26, 2015
Southampton, UK
If you're looking at the earliest dates allowed by that timeline, then I would say two people can sit - and play a game - in your garden from 8th March and that gaming stores with playing space will be able to host games from 12th April (this is either part of retail or indoor leisure).

Hosting games in your own house, with others from outside the household, may have to wait until 17th May, but it seems there are other options before that.

ClanBuckCANS

Gang Champion
Dec 30, 2017
Bridgewater, Nova Scotia, Canada
@ClanBuckCANS my entire state was completely unprepared for that storm. We get more 40C days a year than 0C days. At one point 50% of my city was without power. So pathetic.
I don't think I have ever seen a year in my life with out snow. Heck there was one year I almost didn't see summer. Thanks MT ST Hellens. I hope I didn't insult you. I am more than aware that Canada is more like the frozen planet of Hoth (our weather News has actually refered to certain zones some winters as being colder), and that the southern reaches of the USA, is more akin to Tattoine.

Frig that was hard, writing that on a cracked screen, with an autocorrect possessed by none other than Loki the god of mischief. Not to mention, most touch screens work through thermodynamics, meaning If yer fingers long not having any feeling in them due to living in de great white north all yer life. Touch screens tend to look at ya, and tells ya to go eff yer self with a pine cone. And dey normally be referring to the ones from da Douglas Furs. . . As big as her head!! Don't ya know.

Ok, that was even a long strech of sillynes for me.

ClanBuckCANS

Gang Champion
Dec 30, 2017
Ok, apologies for a UK centric post but we've had an announcement about timeline for leaving lockdown and I'm trying to work out implications for getting some games in. (I am only working out what is allowed not what is advisable, people are welcome to not play til they are comfortable had vaccination's etc.. people obvs have different situations re. Health etc..)

That said:
Outdoor games: Mar 29th? 2 Households /6 in gardens?
Indoor games: May 17th

The bit I'm not clear on is gaming venues? Do we think they come under shops Apr 12th?, Hospitality -May 17th? Or other June21st?
I'd guess May or June but not certain?

View attachment 127344

Would be keen to know how other people are reading it or rather how their flgs are?
And yet you don't even touch "April 12* Non-essential retail and -->personal care<--

The hell.
No personal care. . . .come on people . . . Some of us need to make a living. . . And we cannot do that without our personal care. . . . I mean how are the . . . . People. . . . Who . . . Um. . . .oh. . . .right. . . Cannot talk about that . . . Um . . .

*This has been a public ridiculous advisement*

• Haha
Reactions: Galtarr

ClanBuckCANS

Gang Champion
Dec 30, 2017
And yet you don't even touch "April 12* Non-essential retail and -->personal care<--

The hell.
No personal care. . . .come on people . . . Some of us need to make a living. . . And we cannot do that without our personal care. . . . I mean how are the . . . . People. . . . Who . . . Um. . . .oh. . . .right. . . Cannot talk about that . . . Um . . .

*This has been a public ridiculous advisement*
It would seem there was a little bit more sillyness in me after all. . ..

Please don't lynch me

ClanBuckCANS

Gang Champion
Dec 30, 2017
Ok, ok.

With my jackassery out of the way. At least for the moment (it's not meant to be mean it's my coping skills in situations like this). Nova Scotia Canada is doing okish. Well except for Halifax, sorry the dude up in that area who's name I cannot find because of my crappy autocorrect. I am still somewhat house bound, along with my two boys, 6yr and 2yr, mother in law and father in law. Wife is working at a daycare, and 11yr old daughter is living the high life of intro to French Immersion at grade 6. Ah middle school. . . .

Been modeling my ass off, will post pics probably tomorrow, as I have taken on the master nautical from house of blades and the book of Peril. As well as the Khimerix, or at least my take on it. Karloth Valois is almost done, as is three of the 105th. Grace is ready for paint. . . I think. Gozen, had a accident and had some reconstruction to go through (not having a Rolly chair sucks). And Frieda is almost doneish.

I also wanted to thank all of you for being there to talk to. While I have been sporadic in my postings, I still am greatful for our community. I probably would be a raving mad man by this point without you people(let's just skip over the fact that I was one long before coming on here. Ok?).