Surviving Covid-19 - Yak Support Network!

SuboptimusPrime

Gang Hero
Yak Comp 1st Place
Jan 19, 2019
Sectoris XII | Castrum Vindobona | Austria
. . . . *Thinks about his youth and the abuse he put his poor liver through* ah. . .. you might not find much of it left.

If it really is that bad, the way livers work, I'll find more rather than less. But hey, did you know your liver is the organ most capable of regeneration in the entire human body? In fact, it can grow back completely after having as much as 50% of its mass removed. Which will come in handy in just a few seconds, if you'd just kindly hold still very briefly...

ClanBuckCANS

Gang Champion
Dec 30, 2017
Bridgewater, Nova Scotia, Canada
. . . . Um . . . I'm all up for helping the Tribe out and what not. . . . But are we really that desperate for. . . . . Oh wait a second. You want to harvest my organs to pay for GW stuff. *lays down on operating table* I'll gladly give half me liver, oh and I Gots two kidneys. . . Only need one right? Just make sure I get a lot of brown stuff and green stuff.

ClanBuckCANS

Gang Champion
Dec 30, 2017
And the lovely bright sunny morning here in Nova Scotia, Canada is a wee bit tainted by the ever increasing presence of both Covid-19, and the Variant. How much of a presence you ask?

Enough to go from single digits counts of active Covid-19 cases to a whopping 415 in just under a week. In thirty minutes while I am typing this up, the whole of the province will be on lockdown. Except of course 'esential' workers. The reason I added quotes is because my wife who is in child care, at a popular daycare, is on her way to work. To say she is happy about this would be so far from the truth, one would question the mental stability of anyone who would suggest it. The reason for her lack of enthusiasm?

Well there are so many things, that I simply do not have enough time to cover them all. Basically she is pissed that while considered an essential worker, she is not being treated as one. There is no fast track to get her employment sector fast tracked for the vaccine, even though they are looki g after the children of the other medical and other front line workers. There is no danger pay for this. No recognition of any type. Oh and the straw that even pisses me off, the rules that go into enforcement at 8am today. She will be required to make every effort to ensure that her wards, starting at the age of 24 months, at least attempt to wear a face mask ALL FUCKING DAY. Except for when they are eating or drinking of course. Never mind that these kids have a nap, which due to the rules not making mention of it, they will be wearing a mask. I guess the leaders didn't think about nap time. Lord knows we all need one more often as of late.

All Insanity aside, while we here in Nova Scotia are fairing the whole pandemic rather well. It is still an absolute shit show. Especially when there are Covid-19 doubters having protests in public parks, with their children, without masks, and not being ticketed. Which for once I can happily quote our Premier, "I would expect the law enforcement of that location to ensuring that the full weight of the tickets were levied."
Which they were not.

Thankfully still have the internet. On a strech of days off to prepare and enjoy my wife's 36th birthday. So on that note, I am off to coordinate with the in-laws. Then back to sleep.

ClanBuckCANS

Gang Champion
Dec 30, 2017
I’m due for some Covid related troubles methinks. I work for the gas board as an emergency call out gas engineer, and apparently stopping houses from blowing up due to gas leaks makes me a ‘key worker’ 🤷‍♂️

‘So far, so what?’ I hear you say! I returned to work three weeks ago after being off for eight months with what I thought was a simple torn cartilage but turned out to be various forms of arthritis attacking my legs and spine. Here’s a sexy pic of my leg-
View attachment 108036
In case you can’t tell what’s going on here, one of my knees is slightly bigger than the other.
Turns out all the excruciating back pain I’ve suffered through for years was actually my spine and hip fusing itself together! Huzzah!

To get this thing under control I was started on some medication that suppresses the immune system to stop it from attacking my body. It has worked great so far, and as I said I’ve managed to get back to work and that was good and all, but then this bloody Covid-19 has kicked off and now it’s looking like I’ll be placed under house isolation for 12 weeks. Bad news cos I won’t be able to see my kids for a long time.

Anyway, I have what I think is an interesting family story about worldwide pandemics and how they can have unforeseeable and unintended results;

My great-grandfather was captured at the Battle of the Somme in the Great War and was released some time after November 1918 during the Spanish Flu Pandemic. He returned home to Scotland only to find his wife and children had been killed by the pandemic. How is this a good thing? Well he remarried and started a new family, and this is when my granda entered the world. So if it wasn’t for the Spanish Flu killing off my GG’s first family, I wouldn’t be alive! I mean, it’s horrific to think about really. The poor guy lost a wife and kids. But still, good for me :cool:

Funny how life turns out. Hopefully this new one doesn’t finish what it’s older cousin started 100 years ago.
Here is hoping. Lord knows we have lost so much already

ClanBuckCANS

Gang Champion
Dec 30, 2017
Sweet mother of all get out! How out of it have I been. So kids are now all doing at home learning, so due to really crappy internet bandwidth at home (do not ask it is really bad), I have to do split shifts. I am almost at the point of giving up on sleep altogether, except I am not dealing with the hallucinations that happen after 72 hours ever again. Feral smurfs are not the nice, they have sharp teeth, and seem to like biting, not eating, and it sucks having to explain to people that your not on drugs

Punktaku

Un-Dis-Honored
Honored Tribesman
Apr 4, 2017
Connecticut, USA
My oldest 3 all have their first shots. The younger 3 are far too young, and now have their seasonal colds. Plus their allergies are acting up.

ClanBuckCANS

Gang Champion
Dec 30, 2017
In a house of 7(wife's parents, the babes 11yr old daughter, 7yr old boy, and 2yr old boy, the wife and me self ) the in-laws have gotten their first vaccinations, and i should be vaccinated by end of may, or at the verry latest end of June. Could schedule it right now, but the odds tend not to be in favor when doing stuff medically, and only Astra-Zenca is currently available for my age group. . . . So yeah playing it safe.

almic85

Cranky Git
Oct 30, 2014
Palmerston, ACT, Australia
You guys are beating us down here in Australia.

My wife is in group 1b which should already be vaccinated, but there aren’t any Pfizer vaccines available for her.

Phase 2a (over 50’s) is due to start being rolled out this month.

I’m in group 2b (16-50 yo) which is likely to start being rolled out in June or July, but the government has removed all references to timeframes for each group from their website so they don’t get judged against it when they don’t achieve it.

Honestly the vaccine rollout is a bit of a fizzle down here with the governments (both federal and state) not actually knowing how many vaccines have been administered, who has got their first dose, and who has got their second dose.

• Wow
Reactions: Punktaku