Necromunda SW1's Necromunda

Discussion in 'Miniatures & Terrain' started by =][=SW1=][=, Oct 9, 2017.

1. Punktaku

Punktaku Un-Dis-Honored
    Honored Tribesman

What? Why is everyone looking at me? I don't have that many threads!

2. =][=SW1=][=

=][=SW1=][= Gang Champion
    Honored Tribesman

Shock horror no hobbying done today. Having a new boiler fitted soon so having to clear the living room so a new gas pipe can be fitted under the floor. We've got full bookshelves covering one and a half walls so it's been boxing up stuff and dismantling them. :(

I reassembled one of the bookshelves in my painting space and finally getting some organising done. Reckon this will increase my output even more as I won't spend so long trying to find stuff. :p

Been re-reading my blog and there was so much stuff I started and failed to have the momentum to continue. It's been the story of my hobbying since I started collecting models almost 30 years ago. So this is the year I get back to my old output and work through some of the "backlog" before buying anything else. :rolleyes::whistle:

3. =][=SW1=][=

Honored Tribesman

Hmmm ... All this sorting and tidying has brought more treasures to light. I think my hobby butterfly syndrome is really going to kick in.

Argh ... I need to focus on some stuff.

On the bright side I've already finished off a Gang with the Spyrers having 6 models finished to select my 5 Spyrers from. The collection of one of each Assassin is also going well with just a final one to finish (which reminds me I need to take a pic of the most recent finished Assassin). :cool:

Currently on the boil I have ...

Assassins - Officially just one more to finish but I have found a classic metal model that may end up on the painting table. :whistle:

Arbites - Still not found the grenade launcher model. But have been messing around with some Bluetac to see how hard it will be to sculpt the details on the handler. Seems at the moment to be fairly easy so gonna give it a good. Lol ... We'll have to see if my confidence continues when I crack on with some GS. :confused:

=][= - Got a converted Empire Witch Hunter getting a full repaint, he's going to be followed by 2 Deathcult Assassins (Dogs of War Duelists). Then Illa's gaggle of attendant Priests are also getting repainted. :cautious:

Deathwatch - My old Watch Commander got a bit broken so he's been fixed up and I'm going to repaint part of him plus sort out basing him to match my current style. There's another 30+ DW on the go including my Angry Marine with power baseball bat. :p

Sisters of Silence - I've been waiting for an excuse to paint these. Only a squad but I can already feel these are going to be fun to paint. Managed to drill mounting holes into the bodies and heads. Need to have the weather play ball and allow me to spray them. :D

Custodes - Hate the paint job on these, could probably get away with just basing them but I've got a feeling these are getting the alternative mainly black paint job. :oops:

I've also organised a load of Guard, Storm Troopers, Commissars (somehow managed to end up with 7 or 8 at the last count), my Space Wolves, my Brothers Space Wolves, loads of Blood Bowl teams, Bretonnians, never mind the scenery that's part built. :sleep:

Really need to close down the number of options or nothing will get done. :(

CaptainDangerous likes this.
  4. =][=SW1=][=

Honored Tribesman

Think I'm going to re-read the Shira Calpurnia Omnibus "Enforcer" by Matthew Farrer. Hopefully it'll give me a bit of motivation to stick with the Arbites and get them finished.

5. Punktaku

Punktaku Un-Dis-Honored
    Honored Tribesman

I've been slowly making a Commisar gang. sounds like you've already got one! think I'm up to two models. :D

=][=SW1=][= likes this.
  6. Draconic

Draconic Gang Champion
    Honored Tribesman

My vote would be A. Although i only play Necromunda i love seeing all the cool and interesting minis and terrain from other games. It can still be inspiring and informative for me personally as i love all types of modelling. If i saw a 40k titled plog i think id be less likely to click it and then could miss out on some awesome stuff. :D

=][=SW1=][= and Ben_S like this.
  7. =][=SW1=][=

Honored Tribesman

It's almost sorted!!!

20+ years of hobby hoarding squeezed into ... Erm ... Well actually taking over most of the bedroom and the wife's looking more pissed off as she realises how much stuff I've had squirrelled away around the house over the years.

While sorting out found a part a fellow Yakite needed, so met up with @Greenthumb. Seems like I need to get a gang painted up so we can get some games in. Lol ... And I can get used to cursing bad dice rolls. :)

So which gang? :whistle:

8. Greenthumb

Greenthumb Ganger

If were playing nce rules I still have my old delaque gang with all their shiny headed glory waiting to trounce some orlock scum. :)
    From a strictly story based rivalry point of view I vote orlock. (y)

Thanks again for the much needed head for my up and coming cawdor champ. Truly a kind thing to dig up the part and come out of your way to meet me with it. :notworthy: you sir are a true gentleman. (y)
    Look forward to getting some games in. Better blow the dust off that old delaque gang.

9. =][=SW1=][=

Honored Tribesman

10. Greenthumb

Greenthumb Ganger

Yep sounds good to me. (y) updated nce it is.

For denim I generally paint bone base coat. 2 dark blue washes(maybe one blue one green on some to mix it up.) Agrax earth wash. Light dry brush of the bone again and seems to give a little bit of the dusty worm denim look.

I'll get my gang together and ready to do battle. :cool::cool:

=][=SW1=][= likes this.
  11. =][=SW1=][=

Honored Tribesman

Well I've pulled out the Orlocks and slowly still sorting through the metal/plasticrack mountain.

Brettonnians this time and I've given up counting the number of knights. There's 250+ foot troops/bowmen, 30+ mounted yeomen, 130+ of the old plastic knights, 24 old Grail knights, some more I the newer knights. Then 2 king louen leoncour, 3 morgana Le fay, 3 lords on Pegasus, 2 trebushay.

[​IMG]

As you can see I managed to get that lot into two plastic ikea storage boxes bar a few kits that are still on spru in boxes. Bit mashed together but it all needs some serious tlc. Lol ... Maybe after I get finished with all my Necromunda stuff.

I've kept out the newer plastic foot troops kit I'd not built yet. I can see a Guilder getting built and needing some guards in cheap padded armour. Annoying thing is in the tidy up I've mislaid the blasted shields. Which is the reason I've just gone through and sorted out the Brettonians. Guess they'll turn up, just god knows when.

#331 =][=SW1=][=, Feb 11, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2019
    CaptainDangerous and Ben_S like this.
  12. Ben_S

Ben_S Hive Guilder
    Honored Tribesman

If you wanted rid of the Brets, they - like many OOP GW kits - seem to go for quite a bit on eBay these days. But they're great models for Cawdor, Inq28, and other stuff too of course.

13. Punktaku

Punktaku Un-Dis-Honored
    Honored Tribesman

I think it was the bowmen I used as base models for my inquisitors bodyguard. how many did you say you have? oh... you're in England... sigh (n)

14. =][=SW1=][=

Honored Tribesman

Argh ... The Heating Engineer has just called to say he's finally turning up on Friday to fix the heating (yes it's been bloody cold in this part of the hive for over a month).

So it's all stop on the hobby front while I finish getting the house sorted for flooring and such to be lifted up. You regular =][= service will resume I a few days.

CaptainDangerous likes this.
  15. Punktaku

Punktaku Un-Dis-Honored
    Honored Tribesman

Ouch! I hear you, man. coldest part of the year here and my pellet stove decides to die. all my paints probably froze solid...

16. =][=SW1=][=

Honored Tribesman

Well bit of an update ...

Managed to get this model finished sculpted ...

[​IMG]

I've also sorted out "most" of my GWS paints ...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Got a pretty huge collection of greys for the airbrush as well. o_O

Loriel, Ben_S, FractalRain and 5 others like this.
  17. Greenthumb

Greenthumb Ganger

He reminds me of a 2000ad judge. (y)

=][=SW1=][= and CaptainDangerous like this.
  18. Sethmerlin666

Sethmerlin666 Gang Hero
    Honored Tribesman Yak Comp 1st Place

That's a lot of paints...

19. =][=SW1=][=

Honored Tribesman

He was fun to kitbash and the shaving/shaping of the legs was something I've not tried before. Only bit I've not got 100% as I wanted is the shoulder pad and helmet. But it'll do and takes more bits out of the mountain and into a usable model. :p

My favourite tray of paints is the old blue and red lidded ones. The old glazes/inks/washes just rock. Managed to be in the right place at the right time when different places were having clearance sales. 10p a pot of paint back in the early 90's. Some still have the seals in place and store absolutely fine well over two almost three decades later.

Not like the modern GWS paints with their crap pots.

Boiler gets replaced tomorrow so I can hobby without a coat on!!! Still got the marines to sift through even though they were previously sorted. Accidentally dropped a tray full of little boxes of models that I'd separated out earlier. Lots of swearing happened as it was over a days worth of sorting bits out thrown on the floor. :(

Once I'd picked up all the bits I could see I got an old thin tea towel and put it over the end of the vacuum hose and hopefully picked up all the small bits with it. Maybe I'll try walking with bare feet over the floor to find any pieces I missed.

Too knackered to do any more tonight. Onwards to a warmer tomorrow!!!

20. =][=SW1=][=

Honored Tribesman

It's not getting any warmer as the gas pipes were 15mm and they need to be 22mm? Floorboards are currently pulled up in the one room I'd moved everything to!!!

Looks like the job is going to end up being another day atleast.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice