SWA Scenarios

p0dde

Gang Champion
Yak Philanthropist
Mar 2, 2016
Copenhagen, Denmark
What is the reactions to the scenarios? The selection is fairly limited, but is it too few? I have also heard that the scenario descriptions are just as poorly written, as what we are used to in Necromunda?

What are are the actual scenario selection rules? I have no been able to find them anywhere online?
And what is the reaction to the rules for scenario selection, which usually in Necromunda, is what balances the game a lot.

Thanks

Insurgent

Gang Champion
Mar 17, 2016
Springfield OR
How do they decide who is the attacker and defender in SWA scenarios? This used to be determined by gang rating but that isn't a thing in SWA.

How does the experience progression work in SWA? Is the progression speed more or less the same as Necromunda gangs?

TrexPushups

Ganger
Apr 20, 2017
Memphis TN
How do they decide who is the attacker and defender in SWA scenarios? This used to be determined by gang rating but that isn't a thing in SWA.

How does the experience progression work in SWA? Is the progression speed more or less the same as Necromunda gangs?
it is an MVP based system you pick a fighter who was not down or out of action and they get an advance roll.

New recruits, the juvie equivilant, become troopers after finishing 3 games without being down or out of action. After that they can be selected for advance rolls.

If you roll a 6 on the serious injury chart you get to roll or mark off a game for a new recruit.

Reactions: Insurgent

Insurgent

Gang Champion
Mar 17, 2016
Springfield OR
it is an MVP based system you pick a fighter who was not down or out of action and they get an advance roll.

New recruits, the juvie equivilant, become troopers after finishing 3 games without being down or out of action. After that they can be selected for advance rolls.

If you roll a 6 on the serious injury chart you get to roll or mark off a game for a new recruit.
I really wonder how this mathematically compares to the Necromunda experience progression. Is it faster or slower?

Only getting stat or skill increases for the MVP is limiting but a one and six chance for experience increase on the serious injury chart is significant.

Insurgent

Gang Champion
Mar 17, 2016
Springfield OR
The more I look at it, the more Kill Teams fill the profile that Spyres normally would in Necromunda. Their time in the hive is contingent on some outside stipulation much like a the Spyre vow. They enter the setting with superior equipment and follow their own rules. But they are gone before they become a lasting influence on the campaign. I feel like kill teams can cycle through a campaign, meet their 15 cache quota, and recruit some vets into a new kill team. I'm still sitting in the hive as a gang with a pile of fuel rods and a stash full of rare equipment.

Unless I get outlawed because some Space Marine Scout reports me with a -3 for fighting against forces of the Imperium.

I have so much more versatility and breathing room than a kill team. They really don't scare me as much as I thought they would.

rippounet

Ganger
Apr 29, 2016
Paris
Sooo... just to be sure... Who gets to play first in an Ambush? The wording seems to have been lost in translation...