Table Size

Dertrend

Ganger
Jan 27, 2014
New Westminster BC
I have a smaller condo and I am trying to figure out how to fit in 2 gaming tables as it seems you really need 2 games going on to keep a proper campaign going. I was thinking of shrinking the tables to 3x3 instead of 4x4 to fit more ppl in. If I just reduce the deployment zones to 2" the distance between the kill teams is still 32" at the start so I believe this should work. I often find ppl don't use the edges of the table much anyway. Has anyone else tried this? Did it affect the game play much?

Reactions: spafe

spafe

Executive Officer in charge of Hats
Staff member
Necromunda Custodian
Yak Comp 2nd Place
Tribe Council
Feb 8, 2013
Tilehurst, U.k.
When I played at @DarkNwss we used his dining table, it was slightly narrower, but longer. Not a direct comparison but it worked pretty well switching to doing corner deployment to get the distance between starting gangs. I don't know how big you can do but 3x4 (ish) certainly works fine like that.

Danny (when you pop in here), when we shrunk the table a little... what were the dims on that? Cos that worked out fine as well although that was against a solitaire... so fine is a relative term!

DarkNwss

Ganger
Aug 21, 2016
Reading, UK
@spafe i think the shrunk down table tops out to just under 3x3
Depending on your cover a smaller table can work just as well after all you can't kill what you can't see! :p

Reactions: spafe

Azzabat

Hive Guilder
Yak Comp 1st Place
Tribe Council
Jan 24, 2013
Bristol, UK
We've played successfully on a 3 x 3 table by having opposing gangs either start in opposite corners, or deploying on the very edge.