1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Taking scrap from an opponents vehicle

Discussion in 'GorkaMorka' started by Dayve220, Nov 18, 2016.

1. Dayve220

Dayve220 New Member

Is it possible?

Can you board an opponents vehicle and grab their scrap, then after surviving a fight on your turn and the opponents turn proceed to bail out in your next movement phase with their scrap?

I can't seem to see any rules regarding taking scrap from a vehicle even if you are unopposed, must you simply shoot/chop at the vehicle until you can knock a token off via a gubbins location roll?

2. Oddsox

Oddsox Ganger

Map
    Well.. good question. I dont believe there are any specific rules for this, however if you are unopposed on a vehicle you may choose the location you hit which could be the gubbinz. I would say that if youre moving unopposed on an opponent's vehicle then you dont have to be in close combat, and youre free to move and pick the scrap up as normal.

Knuffe and Flamekebab like this.
  3. Knuffe

Knuffe Juve

Seems logical. :)

4. Azzabat

Azzabat Hive Guilder
    Tribe Council Yak Comp 2nd Place

Map
    I would have thought that if an opponents vehicle had no one on it, you'd just treat any scrap on board as a normal scrap counter the same as anywhere else on the table. (?)

5. Kon-rad

Kon-rad Gang Champion

Map
    That's a good 'un.......If the vehicle is wrecked, easy. The wreckage is just terrain in all respects, so the Scrap Counters are Scrap Counters in all respects. But in the case of merely stationary or immobilized vehicles it's not so clear.
    I think Oddsox has it. If the vehicle is stationary or immobilized and the fighter is not in hand to hand, he could hit the Gubbins (you don't even need to penetrate to knock off the counter) to get the scrap.
    But I'd add that to grab a Scrap Counter, you have to end you movement next to it. If you are counting the Scrap Counter as part of the Gubbinz Location, you could argue you need to spend another movement phase to pick it up, as it was part of the vehicle, until you knocked it loose.

Azzabat likes this.
  6. Flamekebab

Flamekebab Gang Hero
    Gorkamorka Warboss

1. Scrap counters that have been loaded onto vehicles count as gubbins but automatically fall off if hit (no armour penetration roll required).
    2. A warrior that's unopposed on a vehicle auto-hits in both shooting and hand-to-hand combat and can pick the location affected.
    So if you're unopposed you take a turn to shoot/whack the vehicle and next turn you count as carrying it.

If you're not unopposed then no, you can't just hop on and nab their loot!

hreikin, Ben_S and Oddsox like this.
  7. hreikin

hreikin Gang Hero

Map
    if a vehicle has a driver/gunner is he still counted as being unopposed ?

8. Oddsox

Oddsox Ganger

Map
    If the moving vehicle has any occupants then the vehicle 'owner' nominates which of the crew to fight. If they are down to just the driver, then the driver must fight the boarder.

Flamekebab and hreikin like this.
  9. Dayve220

Dayve220 New Member

Thanks for all the replies guys :)

Flamekebab likes this.
  10. Flamekebab

Flamekebab Gang Hero
    Gorkamorka Warboss

Thanks for asking (y)
    I like improving the FAQ!