The begining of something new

Loriel

Gang Hero
Nov 27, 2013
Kangasala, Finland
Thanks Loriel, could you show me this Hive mother you speak of? give me a few days and I'll put up some background for them, i've got an idea for the world these misfits, mutants and lunatics are set in, just working on it a little.

Short story:
- Hive Mother is revered mother of the Ratskins, that provides and nurtures the Ratskins. Hive Mother also means many things to every hive dweller, similar figure as Mother Earth would be to us ;) Meeting the hive mother is also rite of passage

I have to make couple links here, because the legend of hive mother is spread accross couple threads ;)

It starts here. There is three WIP pictures of the mother.
https://yaktribe.games/community/th...-trade-center-ongoing.1691/page-17#post-61945

Story continues in our campaign log, when I decided to retire my Ratskins and made also a teaser for the next gang. The first and last picutres contains lore for the mother.
https://yaktribe.games/community/threads/winter-has-come-nce.3829/page-2#post-65657

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: trollmeat

TurkeySnow

Juve
Dec 11, 2014
Matelloco - thanks the "fat Hag"? her head is from the putrib blightkings, with the antlers cut off, which I have used for the Mother hag's head.

Loriel - I Had a look at Hive Mother, and like your ideas, further the way you create your story spoilers are great. The circle of hags are similar in a sense, they protect the mutated and twisted of the wasteland, but ask for favors from those they protect (similar to the children following the candy and the offering of the ear in the witcher 3). They will be accompanied by 2 more minis I think, two brutes who are just ordinary henchmen, and I have another child already made to go, might end up on the Mother Hag yet.

As I think I said earlier I will work on some fluff for them. and add it in a post to come.

TurkeySnow

Juve
Dec 11, 2014
No progress images, however have finished the Hags, fat hag is undercoated and started to work on a group of children (juves) to follow them, also have an idea for two gang members.

And have had another idea for a mini (sort of NPC) The storyteller of the waste. Part witchdoctor, part druid, part sevant.

Anyway here is some background of the hags.
If you read this imagine reading it in a strong Aussie accent....
- The Circle of Hags -

“Ah young one, ya be curious bout the circle, the Circle of Hags ar ya, well mi tell em to ya. In ex-p..p…lainin an uner-standin the Hags ex…istence, one must un-erstand that there mere legend be goin beyond time, they were simply here from the ginnin, they are here now and they will be here long after ye and I bones are naught but dust.

What is known and what I can tell is, f…f…fragments of truth, stories and tales, told by passers-by and those who service the Hags. Those who be knowin em, wo..wo..worshipin em, for the Hags serve the twisted an downtrodden, the mutated an outcast, the poor vile cretonnes of this ere waste that ye and I inhabit.

But know their worship come at a cost, a grave price as ever ya seen. A trinket, a thing, a thing that those who have nut-en can cost more than ery-ten. They be askin for life, for blood, a piece, a taste, a child or two, it keep em bein, keep em et…t…t…ternal, it is their life ya see, their will, will to outlast ye and I, outlast tis place.

There be three of em, the stalker, the H…h…hunteress Hag, killer, cold, m..m..merticulous. She can sent yer smell, get a wiff of ya, then ya done and dust. There no where for ya to hide from her, no hole, no crevice. They say she more man than woman, but that is just whispers. She be the first to come for ya.

The second, ya smell ha before ya see ha. Wen ya see ha, ya see ha, ya scale be distorted, tink it be playen trick on ya, ya see. She be a blimp, a giant, sheer g.g….gluttonous mass, her be the Gorgon or the fat one.

Lastly the Haegtess, Mother Hag. Some whisper she be leaden em, the oldestest, wisestest, most crookedest of the circle. She be raisen those mutated, twisted childen of theres.

It is said they do not un-erstan the nology left to us, the weapons, but they have their ways of surviven. They use magics, rituals, powers ye an I un-know.

If ya been lisenen, no matter how d..d…desperate ya be fin-en yaself, uner-stand one don’t wanna be serven the Hags by choice. Now along wit ya”

240?cb=20100812002935.png

- Hakunin, Story teller of the waste -

Let me know if you like the idea.

Loriel

Gang Hero
Nov 27, 2013
Kangasala, Finland
excellent story and use of fallout2 in anyway is automatic +1 in my books ;)

I imagine easily how rumors in the hive about the hive Mother and circle of hags intervene and get mixed up, to great even more compelling story line. I think House Harkonnen will attempt to hunt these wrecthed ladies, only to find empty shadows and raw concrete.

TurkeySnow

Juve
Dec 11, 2014
Thanks

Have started working on some background story of planet these gangs will interact with each other on. Think necromunda, ash waste / mad max dystopian future / 40k.

Hakunin, storyteller of the waste is under coated. He may be painted first, since he will be the teller of this tale.

TurkeySnow

Juve
Dec 11, 2014
So back from a long hiatus (moved house, renovating, work, life). Still the hobby passion burns strong.

The ongoing lockdown in NSW has made me pick up some old interests, started to read the Penitent book, ordered some new minis for an Inquisitor-ish style gang (or maybe Vampiry baronesses household) and have managed to set up a small hobby space (although 2-3 weeks late).

Here is some recent work (may not be the place for Inquisitor):

image0.jpg
image1.jpg

So the top image is off An Ancient Inquisitor and his loyal interrogator, and the bottom image off two Underhive scum/guides who may/may not form part of his warband.

TurkeySnow

Juve
Dec 11, 2014
Was able to get my hands on some glue...... ready for a little green stuff, not much, just filling holes and such.

5655bf6ec02afd798ff90fc31c800283.jpg

Also found this guy in my box of half unfinished minis. May use some green stuff and add some wires to turn him into a Techno Barbarian.

TurkeySnow

Juve
Dec 11, 2014
So a new shipment of miniatures arrived and haven't felt like gs the last few minis I have ready. But Let me introduce you to the Court of the Yellow King. (Inspired by the True Detective season 1 Villain.

image0.jpg

Can't decide mini 1 or 2 to claim the position of the "Yellow King" Hastur. Third mini will be a Flamming Psycer and fourth a scummer.

Then there is:
image1.jpg

A wandering Ronan in the underhive, Hat or Head? Need to change the blade and add some 40k ness

Thoughts?

trollmeat

Hive Guilder
Yak Comp 2nd Place
Nov 5, 2014
These look like an interesting assortment. I’d go with head, or have the hat with the drone vent things facing the back

TurkeySnow

Juve
Dec 11, 2014
I think this is the "Yellow King"......
image0.jpg

Baroness............ Leader of the "Yellow Court". For centuries she has survived as the "Yellow King" has been believed to be a man. In all honesty the "King in Yellow" is an idea, taken up by the next to be drawn into the darkest depths of Chaos. Bound and Tied to bring apocalypse and the end of man. The Yellow Court, seeps into all levels of civilization, consuming and shaping society to it's bidding.

They have known many names, but still they are the same....
ad0107d4d42e95ac94fac15dbac9b432.jpg

The beginning of the Yellow Court, War, Death, Pestilence and Conquest. Plus a rouge Psyker.

Punktaku

Un-Dis-Honored
Honored Tribesman
Apr 4, 2017
Connecticut, USA
I’m kinda partial to the hat version…. With the vent over the eyes. There’s plenty of shows where the samurai looks through the brim of a hat like that. So it’s kind of like a visor.

TurkeySnow

Juve
Dec 11, 2014
True. Someone made something similar using contact lens cases instead of Tau drones.
I have glued the head, but found an old Marauder shield that works quiet nicely as a hat. I will place it on, so it can be either or.

I feel Annika's sword works perfectly as a samurai sword.

It is hard as the sculpt is great already without having to do too much extra to it. So he will be ready soon.

Update on the Four Horsemen, I have given Death a Drukhari pistol.
I have cleaned up Pestilence and glued his pistol and head.
Conquest has been given an axe head, a different head and will get a fur cloak)
I am unsure to keep the sword War has or give him a bolter or another weapon.
The Psyker has been given the empire magician's head (Helmet) suits the model.
For Necromunda I am thinking of them as a vampire cult, in the underhive. Maybe add in some dregs with the scions and my un touched Corvus minis.

Thinking the inquisitor band will consist of Inquisitor, Interrogator (Karl Jericho mini), Ratskin guide, Ronan Samurai bounty hunter, a female enforcer with dog, maybe a Psyker and data collector.

Will share after some more progress.

TurkeySnow

Juve
Dec 11, 2014
So have finished some gs work on a bulk of minis. The Baroness is ready for paint along with most of her retinue/guard. Need a name for her but. Thinking she is some ancient Baroness from a wealthy/noble family, who at a time had no direct line to the seat of power in her family line, but due to some somewhat suspicious deaths and short lived family members now finds herself in the direct seat of power. Oh and how that thirst and hunger for power has grown. Centuries old, uncertain how she has survived so long (Ancient long lost passed on Blood rituals and sacrifices?, some ancient regeneration neroutech technology? Or is it something even darker? a tie with a ruinous power?).

Well more on her when she is done but here ready for the next step is her Right hand man "Conquest". Unwavering, stern, powerful. Showing unflinching loyalty to her family and her person.

IMG_1366.jpg

On the workbench....

image0.jpg

Let me know what you think, oh and if you think of a family name or name for The Baroness that would be great!!

Turkey

TurkeySnow

Juve
Dec 11, 2014
Getting behind TheVoid28 on Instagram...
And already working on the "Baroness", has started to give me a back story for her and her gang. Whilst she started as the idea of "The Yellow King", That has been done, True Detective and Penitent (that I am actually reading).

So this is the start of some ideas.......

tumblr_nwv3fiVSto1sd5j2uo1_500.png

I saw this when searching for an image of a medieval Baroness, and it really fits her.. So she will be named "Baroness Elizabeth Bathory"

So for a faction, I am thinking with my "Baroness Elizabeth Bathory" started, making her one of the wealthy Grainlords planet side. She is conniving, meticulous and power hungry. Already overthrowing/killing off, neither is well documented, any rival family members who once ran their grain empire. She has lived a very long life, and it is unknown how she has stayed so young and vibrant in appearance. (Ancient long passed on Blood rituals and sacrifices?, some ancient regenerative neroutech technology? Or is it something even darker? a tie with a ruinous power or wyrd mutation?). Her house is centuries old, since the Empirium first colonised and they found the precious Grain. The age alone of her ancient house and bloodline, provides her constant power on the planet (knowledge of the system and access to old technologies long forgotten).

Planet side she will be accompanied by her trusted guard at all times, "Conquest". A brutish man, stern and unflinching.

But I am also thinking of attaching a group of pirates to her. The other reason for her success, you see, with the grain comes power, but if you can safely transport and distribute it to the station, that in lies the real seat of power. "He who controls the grain controls the system". Her Pirate's transport Grain through the asteroid belt. But what is a pirate crew who doesn't love them some plundering, under disguise they transport her grain, whilst offshoots and smaller vessels attack rival factions grainships (destroying them mid flight). Let me know if you want this somewhere else....

Thanks for the likes and any feedback is welcome.

Turkey

Reactions: Ben_S and trollmeat

TurkeySnow

Juve
Dec 11, 2014
BACKGROUND FLUFF:

SO no mini updates but some story behind the group I am working on.

Born of a noble family deeply imbedded in grain of Abelion-minor from the dawn of time, Elizabeth or better pronounced 'Erzsebet', was born of humble origins. The 8th child of a noble family, House Cachtice of Nirybator an ancient seat of Albeion-Minor created Millenia ago was prosperous, noble, wealthy and gifted with a family of two strong sons who would eventually rule and undertake the duty of GrainLord and 6 beautiful, vibrant daughters.
However, being the 8th child her lot was set, she would never rule, never control power, she would be used as a pawn to broker an agreement with a waring or neighbouring GrainFamily.
Not much is known, records and data has been lost [THE CRUSADE HAS BEEN BLAMED FOR THIS LOSS]. But dark happenings started occurring long before the Crusade in all factualness.
Her siblings all mysteriously succumbed to illness (Word has it that, they slowly deteriorated, becoming shadows of their former self, before dying in their sleep) and death, one by one, until she was the only one of House Cachtice left in her line. After some time, workers, of the grain, started to disappear, dark rumours and whispers spread. Now all who work in service fear the true nature of their ruler.
(edited)

Welcome to House Ćachtice, and Grainlord Lady Baroness Elizabeth Bathory.

So Elizabeth: She is conniving, meticulous and power hungry. Already overthrowing/killing off many of her family and rivals pre-crusade. She has lived a very long life, and it is unknown how she has stayed so young and vibrant in appearance. (Ancient long passed on Blood rituals and sacrifices?, some ancient regenerative neroutech technology? Or is it something even darker? a tie with a ruinous power or wyrd mutation? Did the Druids once share a deeper knowledge of life with House Cachtice?).
Her house is centuries old, since the Empirium first founded and they began farming the precious Grain. The age alone of her ancient house and bloodline, provides her constant power on the planet (knowledge of the system and access to old technologies long forgotten).
Planet side she will be accompanied by her trusted guard at all times, "Conquest". A brutish man, stern and unflinching. Her trusty house guard regiment and lower level farmers who toil the Grain day in day out.

9c456ee03e2a5778154371c09155b40b.jpg

[House hold Guard of Cachtice]

Please feel free to share your thoughts and opinions.

Turkey

TurkeySnow

Juve
Dec 11, 2014
I just keep building, and putting aside GS work on the Pirate boss and painting the Baroness.
Put away my bits box last night and will try and keep it packed away.

image0.jpg

Being a group of space pirates of course you need some spikey ropes for boarding. Top left and bottom left are brute types. Top right is first mate, a mutant growing an extra arm. Middle left your standard ganger turned space pirate. Middle Right the Captain.

Also put together and repurposed Lady Baroness Elizabeth from House Cachtice's house militia.
image1.jpg

Top image shows the household militia. Being a feudal system, they are restricted to equipment, but also being the guard of a noble/wealthy house they have access to some good weaponry.
Below that "Death", an assassin type, haven't fleshed her out yet.
and "Conquest" again. Who leads the house guard in larger battles.

Let me know what you think.

Turkey