The Borderlands project (a new chapter 24/01/15)

Ashotninja

Juve
May 1, 2013
hey guys im back and starting this years necro/borderlands campaign ...
the rules we have chose to use are the ashwastes with the community edition ruleset overriding when applicable (weapon costs/skills etc)

things for you to look forward to seeing.

my journeyman gang with a 2 and a half foot long crawler tractor unit and live in trailer... plus the gang itself mostly using hasslefree and infinity minis.

a scavvy gang with 2 wheeled vehicles one covered in spikes, one with cages to catch prisoners/food... plus 1 leader/2 scalies, 12 scavvy and 3 necrodogs.

all new hired guns, a pitslave , crazy doc , a madman machete wielding cannibal and a few more heroic looking scummers.

2 defence force deserter gangs, one mostly made from female deserters and one dredd style more proffesional desert patrol squad.

a western style tech gang prospector team... and a cool looking bounty hunter troop.

as well as this i will also be logging and giving battle reports on all fights in a news report style.. and photos of EVERYTHING!..

soon...

Tulkas

Mr. Shadowlord
Mordheim Professor
Mar 23, 2012
Netherlands, Groningen
I'm amazed no one has asked this so far but can you show some pictures of your game table? That looks the bizniz! I also second everything everyone has said. Ever. Moar photos. Moar.

Bjecki

Gang Champion
Feb 20, 2014
Morwell VIC 3840
As a new member to the forum it is just awesome when an old thread gets dug up and my jaw drops to the floor at all the epicness! Love the characters, the painting is top notch, the scenery is amazing and the variety of models used is fantastic. Would love to see more, can't wait for more photos!

spafe

Executive Officer in charge of Hats
Staff member
Necromunda Custodian
Yak Comp 2nd Place
Tribe Council
Feb 8, 2013
Tilehurst, U.k.
seriously looking forward to the reports! you have however set the bar very high with previous work.... :p

ntw3001

Gang Hero
Feb 17, 2011
Essex, UK
I love Borderlands; It's similar in many ways to RT-era 40k. Irreverent, full of humour and with a background developed enough to be interesting but with enough gaps that anything fits. If you wanted to fight a gang of roller derby girls with rocket launchers, Borderlands is the setting (not that that's something that actually appears, but it would fit).

Isn't there a thread somewhere in the depths of Yak where someone started a BL rules conversion of some sort? I'm slightly considering adapting a ruleset I've got stored (mostly) in my brain. Just got to make it more about... acquisition of firearms.

Jun 30, 2014
kalamazoo michigan
I love Borderlands; It's similar in many ways to RT-era 40k. Irreverent, full of humour and with a background developed enough to be interesting but with enough gaps that anything fits. If you wanted to fight a gang of roller derby girls with rocket launchers, Borderlands is the setting (not that that's something that actually appears, but it would fit).

Isn't there a thread somewhere in the depths of Yak where someone started a BL rules conversion of some sort? I'm slightly considering adapting a ruleset I've got stored (mostly) in my brain. Just got to make it more about... acquisition of firearms.
I wish
roller derbie girls with rocket launchers

Ashotninja

Juve
May 1, 2013
https://www.dropbox.com/sc/3yamp5ykb1uitve/AACqzBeAGCLJ_J7GknPLO2E2a

Nope can't do this from my phone using Dropbox. ..
20140625_225351_zpshuappjj_edit_1419723173590_zpsuo2kyt0i.jpg

Photo bucket app seems good... It might be the way to go.

Bear with me just running tests... nothing to see here...

Yet...

Last edited:

trollmeat

Hive Guilder
Yak Comp 2nd Place
Nov 5, 2014
Ton Ton's Gun-Knife, Crazy (santa) Joe's Gun Shop, the loot midget, Gabriel the Wraith-Heavy, Industrial-Bin-Scenery, these are just a few of your images I saved into my Inspiration folder. Everything you have posted is fantastic and I/everyone would love to see more! :-D

Ashotninja

Juve
May 1, 2013
Sunlight!

its all i ever really need to take picture... taking pictures of my minis during the evening is tough and never comes out well...

but i managed to get my ass in gear and sort out some pics of my new hired guns... so here goes.

vlad%20the%20drunk_zpsm30mmaje.jpg

Vlad is your typical drunk, only looking out for himself and the next bottle of Wildsnake to cross his path.... an ex planetary defense force armourer he has a vast knowledge of weapons and know how to use one... and if his aims off he swears the weapons sight needs new alignment despite spending 99% of the day blind drunk.

Hire cost - 15 creds
gang rating- +75

M 4
WS 3
BS 4
T 3
S 3
W 1
I 3
A 1
Ld 9

weapons and Equipment - Lasgun ,Autopistol, knife , weapon reload

Skills - Nerves of steel , True grit , Marksman

Additional rules - Vlad will work for anyone (even scavvies) and will work for free if offered a bottle of wildsnake.

im gonna put the rest up sometime late this evening, currently times ran out and i need to go... brb

Ashotninja

Juve
May 1, 2013
Veritias_zps69lbautu.jpg

Veritias was forced to live on Celestine and is said to be on the run after crash landing an arvus shuttle after a daring escape from an imperial barge when his crew was accused of heresy.
In the crash veritias lost an arm and was badly injured, he was found by a roaming journeyman company and sold as a slave to an outlaw guilder settlement.
Again veritias escaped and is on the run again.

Hire cost - 15 creds
gang rating - +75

M 4
WS 4
BS 3
S 3
T 3
W 1
I 4
A 1
Ld 8

Weapons and equipment - Laspistol , bionic arm , Sword, knife

Skills - leap , Dodge , step aside , sprint

the%20hobo_zpszbtqf7ag.jpg

Not much is known about the man they call 'the hobo', the only thing that is confirmed is he smells like a scavvy and has an unusual way of stealing anything that aint bolted down.

hire cost - 10 creds
gang rating - 50

M 4
WS 3
BS 3
S 3
T 3
W 1
I 3
A 1
Ld 7

weapons and equipment - autogun, knife

Skills - Disarm, hipshooting

The Hobo will fight for anyone willing to put up with his bad behavior and even worse hygiene

Ashotninja

Juve
May 1, 2013
Ellie%20the%20sniper_zpsu3hzfxvt.jpg

Ellie' s parents used to own the once famous journeyman company 'Celestine transport' until they were gunned down by scavvy marauders.
Ellie managed to make her escape and now fends for herself in the desert wastes hiring herself out as a sniper.
She uses her fathers trusty hunting rifle to dispatch her enemies and will always help hunt the scavvy scum that murdered her parents and destroyed the company she was meant to inheiret.

Hire cost - 15 creds
Gang rating - +75

M 4
WS 2
BS 5
S 2
T 3
W 1
I 4
A 1
Ld 7

Weapons and Equipment - Hunting rifle , Stubgun + DDs

Skills - Marksman, catfall , infiltration

Ellie refuses to work with any xenos, redemptionist or scavvy gang.
She will always work for free against scavvy gangs.

chunk_zpslqgen86d.jpg

Chunk, the most famous Pit fighter Celestine has ever seen, winner of 2 Celestine slave tornuments and an outright star in the eyes of the common citizen.
Chunk was given his freedom after a Guilder bet against him beating 'The Bear' and lost. The winner of the bet, a opposing leader of the notorious 'Blood Sisters' called Abby Noxious who chose to win Chunk as a slave fighter, but insted chose to set him free.
Chunk likes the thrill of the fight, and now hires himself out to gangs as a bodyguard.

Hire cost - 20
Gang rating - +100

M 4
WS 5
BS 2
S 4
T 4
W 2
I 4
A 2
Ld 7

weapons and equipment - Stubgun + DDs , Chainsaw arm, 3 armour plates (4+ armour save) (-2 I )

Skills - Iron Jaw, combat master

Ashotninja

Juve
May 1, 2013
the%20butcher_zpsznfy2dpo.jpg

Once a wealthy imperial medical physician, he was exiled from Hope because of his bad addiction to psychotic painkillers that lead to the deaths of many imperial citizens through poor practices.
He now practices illegal medical methods for any gang willing to hire him.

Hire cost - 25
Gang rating - + 125

M 4
WS 4
BS 3
S 3
T 4
W 1
I 4
A 2
Ld 7

Weapons and Equipment - Laspistol, chainsword , multiple sharp knifes and scalpels, Repirator + contacts , Medipak , Bio booster.

Skills - Capture , surgery (all standard cazy doc rules apply)

The butcher has no morals and is willing to work with any gang crazy enough to hire him.