Drag to reposition cover

Necromunda The ClockworkOrange Troll Lol Lol Lol Song

undertaker

Gang Hero
Honored Tribesman
Oct 21, 2016
Nottingham
I'm sure I've seen some pictures on the tribe of a rusty crane scenery piece, and it wasn't painted-on rust either, it was just an old toy metal crane that would probably give you tetanus if you weren't careful. :LOL:

ClockworkOrange

Executive Officer in charge of Trolling
Staff member
Yak Comp 1st Place
Tribe Council
Dec 29, 2012
Nottingham
Progress was made tonight - Just the back of the ladders, the damp green at the bottom and a few posters etc and all the wall sections will be finished! Which will be a relief because I’ve been finding painting the walls to be utterly boring....

No photos because my phone battery died.

ClockworkOrange

Staff member
Yak Comp 1st Place
Tribe Council
Dec 29, 2012
Nottingham

Punktaku

Un-Dis-Honored
Honored Tribesman
Apr 4, 2017
Connecticut, USA
Yeah, sometimes the hobby bug gets a little tired (your should be flat out exhausted) but you got something done, so that’s something you won’t have to do later.

Last edited:
Reactions: ClockworkOrange

ClockworkOrange

Staff member
Yak Comp 1st Place
Tribe Council
Dec 29, 2012
Nottingham

Sethmerlin666

Gang Hero
Yak Comp 1st Place
Honored Tribesman
Jan 31, 2018
Payneham Road, Payneham SA, Australia
Yeah those LED's in the smoke look awesome in the flesh.
I just did my smoke with a light spray of black, with the yellow-ish light coming from the LED's it makes for an overall really dirty looking smoke without needing much else

Reactions: spafe

Blood Donor

Enforcer
Tribe Council
Aug 23, 2011
Cranbrook, British Columbia, Canada
Any recommendations on assault marine jetpack or grav chute smoke? Those look great, would love to do something similar across a squad of jump marines. I know they aren't as likely to the look as like ork jump packs but still want to do something of the likes.

Is yours black then yellow around the base? Does the paint help it hold shape or is it fragile to the touch?

ClockworkOrange

Staff member
Yak Comp 1st Place
Tribe Council
Dec 29, 2012
Nottingham
Any recommendations on assault marine jetpack or grav chute smoke? Those look great, would love to do something similar across a squad of jump marines. I know they aren't as likely to the look as like ork jump packs but still want to do something of the likes.

Is yours black then yellow around the base? Does the paint help it hold shape or is it fragile to the touch?
If you dig out my Orange Tide album there’s a troll with a jet pack flying on a cloud of drybrushed cotton wool, that said I’ve always wondered if you could green stuff one.

Reactions: Blood Donor

Blood Donor

Enforcer
Tribe Council
Aug 23, 2011
Cranbrook, British Columbia, Canada
I think the cotton smoke is more in my wheelhouse and in the look I am after. My greenstuff skills arent the hottest, as Ive not wrangled much beyond talbards or purity seals and use as an adhesion medium for putting plastic weapons on metal miniatures. Thats why my Ratskins look like they have flesh toned oven mitts on while holding clubs and daggers...

ClockworkOrange

Staff member
Yak Comp 1st Place
Tribe Council
Dec 29, 2012
Nottingham
@Blood Donor check it out I’m happy with the results.

I just used plastic rod to make it have shape and then built up the cloud with cotton wool, I used a glue gun to stick it all together.

I then sprayed with yellow at the bottom and then black over that, job done feel manly you made FIRE! 🤣

The smoke is detachable from the chimneys for storage purposes and also so I can swap out the batteries from the LED candles.

ClockworkOrange

Staff member
Yak Comp 1st Place
Tribe Council
Dec 29, 2012
Nottingham
Work continues but not much to see - 22 floors powdered up and water 50/50 PVA’d. All sat drying in the garage at the mo, hopefully they won’t be effected by the low temps.

Also knocked up some warning signs for the Promo Forges (I don’t like the ones I’ve already used) and Floor Hatches.

ClockworkOrange

Staff member
Yak Comp 1st Place
Tribe Council
Dec 29, 2012
Nottingham