Necromunda The ClockworkOrange Troll Lol Lol Lol Song

CaptainDangerous

Executive Officer in charge of Fraggles
Staff member
Yak Comp 3rd Place
Tribe Council
Oct 30, 2016
Durham, uk
You could make some of your patented cd walkways (the OG trollbridges) to fill in some of the dead space!?
91F5364C-1D8D-46E1-B3E0-A403FCE0E3F1.jpeg

• Love
Reactions: ClockworkOrange

ClockworkOrange

Executive Officer in charge of Pandemics & Trolls!
Staff member
Yak Comp 1st Place
Tribe Council
Dec 29, 2012
Nottingham
Got everything out last might to remove all the battery’s so they didn’t leak + plus I was testing out my idea to make the IKEA table 183cm with two wooden inserts.

First time the full 6x4 has been out - tempted to make a different building for the centre to aid gameplay it’s too dense at the mo.

ClockworkOrange

Staff member
Yak Comp 1st Place
Tribe Council
Dec 29, 2012
Nottingham

Sundown Dreamer

Gang Champion
Mar 6, 2018
Tübingen, Deutschland
A very nice idea and imagination of what Necromunda and a Necromunda gaming table can be. You can also see from the table how much love and work has gone into details.

Diversity, density, possibilities, everything seems to fit. It is a lot of fun to look at everything, and surely a lot more fun to play on. I congratulate you on your beautiful and, in my opinion, excellent work.

Edster

Ganger
Dec 26, 2018
Nottingham, UK
Wow @ClockworkOrange it‘s incredible! feels like the first time I’ve seen it all together and realised how much work you’ve done mate. Incredible. I love the character of trollholme all those details dude, it’s amazing!

What are the gameplay challenges of the density?

Is it getting around the board and movement? How about modelling some zip lines and fast rope rappels. Gameplay wise an idea would be to make drop harnesses more important to use them or certain sized models or types are too heavy/ unequipped for them. Maybe parachutes and BASE jumping could be a thing lol.

Or is it more practical like actually physically getting in to move models etc. with a big fat human (or troll) hand?

ClockworkOrange

Staff member
Yak Comp 1st Place
Tribe Council
Dec 29, 2012
Nottingham
@Edster I think it’s just that the towers came out bigger than I wanted, if I could scale them down by about 2 inches (width not height) I think they’d be perfect. If I take a couple off and come up with some smaller stuff maybe even old school bulkhead buildings based on the original box set I think the board will look much better / balanced.

Although the width of the holes in the side of the towers is 3.5 inches which I tested to make sure the Trolls big shovels could fit easily 🤣

Reactions: MusingWarboss

Edster

Ganger
Dec 26, 2018
Nottingham, UK
ah ok I gotcha @ClockworkOrange . I hope you have some bulkheads knocking around! I have the card terrain if you want some measurements/photos to help give me a shout.

an idea - how about building modular solid platforms/pillars to act as foundations for towers - I’m thinking there may even be a way to somehow put the towers on top of small pillars without being too haphazard?

In hindsight that totally doesn’t solve the issue... lol

In the original terrain they have some designs where the bulkheads slot into the floor ‘diagonally’ so troll shovels can fit on either side of the bulkhead if you know what I mean ;)

Mr. M

Ganger
Honored Tribesman
Aug 1, 2019
San Jose, CA
Seeing it all set up right down to the sump sea ships in dock... simply stunning! Your board is a real work of underhive art! But after staring in giddy amazement at Trollholme in all its glory, I went back to look at the storage tote that it all packs into, and now I'm not sure which is more impressive... To modify a recent truism: "Troll-world problems!"

• Love

ClockworkOrange

Staff member
Yak Comp 1st Place
Tribe Council
Dec 29, 2012
Nottingham
So the Trolls been buying up all the EBay supply of Necromunda bulkheads and has probably caused a price hike! Got 37 for an average price of £2.07 in the end which feels a tad expensive but it seems to be the going rate.

Ive some planned improvements to Trollholme, I’ll be building 3 of the towers mentioned by @Edster above. I’ve decided the issue to my eye is that the current Towers are two samey so this should give it more variety plus give Trollholme a lot more layout options. Plan is to make them so they flat pack but to stick the bulkheads together, hence why I’ve been buying more rather than use my extensive stock for the two sets of the original game I own.

The perfectionist in me also wants to sort the warping issue with the Sump Docks, the Sump Sea curls upward forwards the sea monster, think I’ll just fill/build up the base and then paint it green to match the Sea.

Reactions: Tiny

ClockworkOrange

Staff member
Yak Comp 1st Place
Tribe Council
Dec 29, 2012
Nottingham
Toot Toot! Amongst the sounds of much cursing and swearing from a misshapen orange haired Troll with a sweeping brush, it’s time to reopen the factory!

Early days for this project - I’m using a foamex and plasticard sandwich for the floor which has turned out to be very strong but light, the idea is that the plasticard still slots into the bulkheads so it can all be dismantled for storage, but with the strength of the foamex I can add a lot of detail without fear of it breaking. Time will tell.

Foamex seems to sand well so I’ll be tidying up the edges before we are finished.

ClockworkOrange

Staff member
Yak Comp 1st Place
Tribe Council
Dec 29, 2012
Nottingham
🙄😳 It is in fact 1mm I went up and down to 1.5 and .75 and it doesn’t fit very well - my bad had to double check the eBay listings! Sorry for anyone copying.

Reactions: Unslain and Tiny