Drag to reposition cover

Necromunda The Dangerzone

CaptainDangerous

Call me Hugh
Yak Comp 3rd Place
Tribe Council
Oct 30, 2016
Durham, uk
I really like what you've done wth the EPS. I second using filler or as there are lots of nooks and crannies maybe 3 (or more!) layers of masonary paint with sand mixed in. This will also help give a hard outer coat and seal it so you can use paint from spray cans on it.

Looking forward to seeing the finished article.
Thank you my liege! I'd never considered masonry paint, I was just going to mix some fine grit with pva, but I'm almost certain I'll have some in the shed somewhere, thanks for the tip!
Hope I do you proud :)

Reactions: Biggle_Bear

Blood Donor

Executive Officer in Charge of the 2014 Bake Sale
Staff member
Necromunda Custodian
Aug 23, 2011
Golden, British Columbia, Canada
...I was thinking about alien 3 on the sega where you have to run around saving the colonists before they get 'impregnated'...
Sounds perfect enough to be a scenario to me. AND, you get to have a GS in the mix. Maybe do Monster Rolls like normal (or on a 5+ instead of just 6), but then have an ability to spot the GS in which case it is now a visible miniature on the board.

Reactions: CaptainDangerous

The Duke

of the Grim-Dark and The Lord of Lawful-Evil
Yak Comp 1st Place
Jan 23, 2015
London
This is goin great man! - I agree - definately cover the styrofoam, render it for sure - & add plasticard / cardboard panels perhaps even? (steel plates etc...) - just to break up the monolthic nature of the thing I think..... - I reeeeaaaallly love your Guilder-slaves man! - totally grim-dark, and I think the preportions kinda work - love some of your descriptions of how they might work, why they are there being driven before the train too - the bells are awesome and they kinda remind me of the wooden-block Benedictine Monks from Monty Python and The Holy Grail:

Cept with bells innit!

hahahahaha! - the hapless goons!!!, love that each one is gonna have a different punishment - great stuff!! - very grim-dark & dystopian man!

I vote rope-man's name to be "Vox" or "Loudmouth" or maybe "Canary" - perhaps a former poet? - sentenced to slavery for dissedent poetry? (too flowery perhaps?) - whatever!!!

Keep it up man - I expect Updates this weekend or... Else....

CaptainDangerous

Call me Hugh
Yak Comp 3rd Place
Tribe Council
Oct 30, 2016
Durham, uk
Sounds perfect enough to be a scenario to me. AND, you get to have a GS in the mix. Maybe do Monster Rolls like normal (or on a 5+ instead of just 6), but then have an ability to spot the GS in which case it is now a visible miniature on the board.
Still like your idea way more! But thank you :)
I think tho, you're elaboration of my idea would also make for a fantastic predator scenario, all you would have to do is swap out the gene-stealer for a spyer! Brilliant stuff!

CaptainDangerous

Call me Hugh
Yak Comp 3rd Place
Tribe Council
Oct 30, 2016
Durham, uk
Introducing.... 'The luggage'
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

I was totally planning on putting these up Sunday night but it's been a mad two days, and the yakking has been just amazing! :)
Except for the drum guy, all the models are purely Perry miniatures sudanese tribesmen, iv been waiting to make this for so long! But other than that, I just used a head from a war of the roses set and a tamiya backpack. The platform is just plasticard with plasticard strips for the skirt of it. I had loads of fun selecting the parts and putting this together! The only thing I would like to add is a holstered pistol for the 'leader' and a load of chains to go between the slaves!
This next shot Iv just put on because I think it's funny, I can imagine them chanting ' what do we want? A two minute break, when do we want it? *whip crack* oww!' Or perhaps ' leave us alone Mel brooks!' Any captions would be most welcome...
image.jpg

But otherwise I have improved my steps and Iv secured the statues and the lascannon
image.jpg

And lastly iv made the billboard that will be the title for my piece, it wasn't on the cover art I submitted but if you see the actual book cover it makes more sense why it's there, I don't know why I'm telling you when I can just show you, here :p
image.jpg

Oops, illl have to post it in a second! :confused: It will be brought forward slightly and when it is next to the gun nest it doesn't seem as awkwardly pertruding!
But I hope you all like what you see and the next update will probibly be in a few days if not the weekend! thanks for looking :)

The Duke

of the Grim-Dark and The Lord of Lawful-Evil
Yak Comp 1st Place
Jan 23, 2015
London
hahahahahahah! - OMFG!! - I can't believe this is real!??! - soooo awesome - When I saw your sprue 'parts' I couldn't help but notice the Imperial Munitorum Shipping Containers, could never twig what you were gonna use them for tho - but bloody hell this is great!!! - keeps making me LOL! - but I would "Heed the Unpainter" @spafe get some paint on it pronto!!

King Redwart

The Unpainter
Yak Comp 3rd Place
Apr 20, 2014
Balham, London, UK
Oooooh I get it now. Wow this is great. I seriously lacked creative inspiration for this comp (as I usually do) so I didn't participate.

Just in case you don't have any, some linked to chains -

http://www.modellingtimbers.co.uk/3.html 42 links per inch is a good size for human chains. You have to email him. I think it was about £6 for 1m including postage.

However I found that Zinge Industries now sell chain. You'll probably want the 1.5mm sized links and I've used this size on ork/Goliath sized models (the 42lpi chain I have is about 1mm per link) https://www.zinge.co.uk/collections/vehicle-accessories/chains

Hope this helps :)

Kommissar Shriken

Gang Hero
Yak Comp 1st Place
Nov 21, 2016
Regensburg
the luggage is very nice. do you ad some "techno"-bits to the slaves so they look more than servitors?

when i see your conversion i must think to the Inquisitor-Movie-Teaser:
the-lord-inquisitor-prologue-uhd.mp4.jpg

Reactions: CaptainDangerous

CaptainDangerous

Call me Hugh
Yak Comp 3rd Place
Tribe Council
Oct 30, 2016
Durham, uk
This is goin great man! - I agree - definately cover the styrofoam, render it for sure - & add plasticard / cardboard panels perhaps even? (steel plates etc...) - just to break up the monolthic nature of the thing I think..... - I reeeeaaaallly love your Guilder-slaves man! - totally grim-dark, and I think the preportions kinda work - love some of your descriptions of how they might work, why they are there being driven before the train too - the bells are awesome and they kinda remind me of the wooden-block Benedictine Monks from Monty Python and The Holy Grail:

Cept with bells innit!

hahahahaha! - the hapless goons!!!, love that each one is gonna have a different punishment - great stuff!! - very grim-dark & dystopian man!

I vote rope-man's name to be "Vox" or "Loudmouth" or maybe "Canary" - perhaps a former poet? - sentenced to slavery for dissedent poetry? (too flowery perhaps?) - whatever!!!

Keep it up man - I expect Updates this weekend or... Else....
Sooo much inspiration, cheers man! I'm totally making a reference to the monks! And I totally love the thought of capital punishment for bad poetry! I don't think it will be rope guy, I love sump dwellers idea for him, but one of them will definately be imprisoned because he dared to write about the virtues of love and beauty when the only love that any imperial citizen should have is for his emperor, and the only beauty in a citizens life is knowing that that have filled their quota for the emperors grand and holy imperium!
Iv also got a paint scheme for them now thanks to your Input, see if you can spot the reference (when I finally do them anyway!:p) :D