Drag to reposition cover

Necromunda The Dangerzone

CaptainDangerous

Call me Hugh
Yak Comp 3rd Place
Tribe Council
Oct 30, 2016
Durham, uk
dude! just dude! or should I be saying duuuudddeeeee!!!

Loving the luggage, by far my 2nd favourite character in the disc world (after DEATH of course). Don't take toom any lessons from the unpainter though, get some paint on these fellas!
:DI imagine you saying it in honest trailer guys voice but it's so cool nomatter how you say it! :D
Thanks so much spafe, Death (with a big D) is legend!! I love all things Death gets upto but acouple of my favorite quotes are 'HO HO HO' and 'I HAVE SEEN THE INFANATE FROM THE OUTSIDE AND IT IS BLUE' :)
I'm afraid im going to have to go with the unpainter on this one, my instinct says he's right, and my lord sovereign wall building general orange (I would say fellow mason if the imperium wasn't such a dictatorship) has unwittingly (or mebees intentionally, I don't know) used the same unholy formula to render his monolithic shrine to the hive! But thanks for the heads up... I like to paint :p

CaptainDangerous

Call me Hugh
Yak Comp 3rd Place
Tribe Council
Oct 30, 2016
Durham, uk
hahahahahahah! - OMFG!! - I can't believe this is real!??! - soooo awesome - When I saw your sprue 'parts' I couldn't help but notice the Imperial Munitorum Shipping Containers, could never twig what you were gonna use them for tho - but bloody hell this is great!!! - keeps making me LOL! - but I would "Heed the Unpainter" @spafe get some paint on it pronto!!
*rimmer salute* :D

CaptainDangerous

Call me Hugh
Yak Comp 3rd Place
Tribe Council
Oct 30, 2016
Durham, uk
Oooooh I get it now. Wow this is great. I seriously lacked creative inspiration for this comp (as I usually do) so I didn't participate.

Just in case you don't have any, some linked to chains -

http://www.modellingtimbers.co.uk/3.html 42 links per inch is a good size for human chains. You have to email him. I think it was about £6 for 1m including postage.

However I found that Zinge Industries now sell chain. You'll probably want the 1.5mm sized links and I've used this size on ork/Goliath sized models (the 42lpi chain I have is about 1mm per link) https://www.zinge.co.uk/collections/vehicle-accessories/chains

Hope this helps :)
Thank you my king and thank you for the links :p!
Although I won't be using them, (I really can't aford to spend any more money on the project) Its a really good site should I need them, thanks again! But for the slaves I'll just be using all the chains from the flagellant weapons, they are about the right length and although they might look abit big for the Perry models I think with the container plonked on top it will probibly be ok... And I already have them :D

Reactions: Biggle_Bear

CaptainDangerous

Call me Hugh
Yak Comp 3rd Place
Tribe Council
Oct 30, 2016
Durham, uk
the luggage is very nice. do you ad some "techno"-bits to the slaves so they look more than servitors?

when i see your conversion i must think to the Inquisitor-Movie-Teaser:
the-lord-inquisitor-prologue-uhd.mp4.jpg
Love your idea.... Love your inspiration/reference shot.... Love your vision for my minis....
But with two/three weeks deadline I think the loincloths will suffice! :p:D
Cheers for the input tho, I probibly agree that they mebees aren't grimdark enough but my main objective with this model was to give the impression of poverty and servitude, I imagine that these guys where probibly once green hivers that were fleeing the overbearing society of hive city and instead of getting absorbed into, and under, a gangs protection, they unwittingly or nievely got enslaved and put to work! I think under these conditions only the strong survive and many untold thousands perish, but freedom will never be their reward, only the arcane implements that let them serve the hive and emperor in a more longer and productive fashion!
Glad you like it :)

CaptainDangerous

Call me Hugh
Yak Comp 3rd Place
Tribe Council
Oct 30, 2016
Durham, uk
Awesome my fellow insane builder - some poor delusional yakkers make and paint but a small offering- let us join hands and pity them, for they have free time and will see their families this Christmas, the selfless fools!
Yes my lord! I clasp your majestic claw and share your pity for such pathetic attempts at pleasing the one true emperor, master of all walls and grand supplier of building materials! They know not the true meaning of Christmas for they have never been covered in static polystyrene, they have never nearly lost a finger due to misjudging the thickness of said polystyrene and they have never been intoxicated by the smell of that paint that they found in the back of the shed reacting to the polystyrene! Their method is erratic, and their form is... Er.... spongy, but fear not my sire, with your grand image of the emperors mighty wall, you will show all heretics beneath its shadow that families might be for life but yaktribe competition 17 Is only for Christmas! :p :D

CaptainDangerous

Call me Hugh
Yak Comp 3rd Place
Tribe Council
Oct 30, 2016
Durham, uk
The 'luggage' is great. (y) Could you provide a scale shot comparison of one of the tribesmen with a Necromunda miniature?
Cheers silk :)
The Perry miniatures models, not only just the tribesmen but any range, are the most true scale 28mm models you are ever going to find! All their plastic work is, in my opinion, the best ever made! I highly recommend looking on their website, even if your not a fan of historical stuff, the level of detail that goes into making them historical accurate and anatomically correct is amazing! Anyway.... Here's your picture... :p
image.jpg

CaptainDangerous

Call me Hugh
Yak Comp 3rd Place
Tribe Council
Oct 30, 2016
Durham, uk
Just a quick update, just got my main characters done, albeit very crudely, but it kinda takes the pressure off abit! :)
They are by no means finished so you'll still have to use your imagination, but at least their basic form is there! I should have them more presentable by Sunday, but regardless I'll be putting up a more sustantial post! Hope you like...
Rinsewind and Cohen
image.jpg

Guilder/slaver thugs
image.jpg

The silver horde (5 of 7 anyway)
image.jpg

:D

sump dweller

Mr Fancy Pants
Honored Tribesman
Sep 6, 2014
County Kerry - Ireland
Yes, it's unwise to start without a fully structured project plan, GANTT chart and time table!
I mean, what are you writing on, Captain Dangerous? The inside of a chocolate wrapper?! I mean, come on, where's your loose leaf files? Where's your pencil? Where's your protractor and your hole reinforcers?

CaptainDangerous

Call me Hugh
Yak Comp 3rd Place
Tribe Council
Oct 30, 2016
Durham, uk
Yes, it's unwise to start without a fully structured project plan, GANTT chart and time table!

I really like the Rincewind figure you've picked and posed. Looking good!
Ah.. Hello mr underhand.. *sweeps back newly acquired Ratskin cloak* ..and welcome to the Dangerzone!! :)
I don't know how you made it past the room of ill tempered, mutated pidgeons and the one inept guard, but I'm glad you made it! :p
Pleased you like Rinsewind, he's made from 12 parts so far and I still havnt done any detailing on him!
Loving your start on zeetha, can't wait to see how she turns out! :)
And I don't know what a GANTT chart is... But I drew a nice picture to show everyone :D

CaptainDangerous

Call me Hugh
Yak Comp 3rd Place
Tribe Council
Oct 30, 2016
Durham, uk
I mean, what are you writing on, Captain Dangerous? The inside of a chocolate wrapper?! I mean, come on, where's your loose leaf files? Where's your pencil? Where's your protractor and your hole reinforcers?
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Sump dweller... I'm going to pass this test by knowing things! :p:D

Edit: this is a red dwarf reference

Last edited:

CaptainDangerous

Call me Hugh
Yak Comp 3rd Place
Tribe Council
Oct 30, 2016
Durham, uk
Despite getting nothing done yesterday, I'm quite happy with my progress this weekend!
Firstly iv finally textured up the polystyrene and, although I was masonry paint short of the unholy trinity, I think it has filled the cracks and gaps pretty well. Unfortunately I totally forgot to take any pics (I do most my hobby stuff where I work) so the next time you see it hopefully it's got a at least a layer of paint on!
But mostly iv just been playing with green stuff, very little was done with Rinsewind so I wont bother with an updated picture but here's what iv been messing about with
image.jpg

All iv done with these guys is stick a space marine shoulder pad to their heads... Now hear me out first before you say how daft they look... Originally I had planned to use cadians for these two models and when it came to the budget it just wasn't viable to buy a box for the few parts I needed, so I just used some space marine parts from a land speeder I had dissected! But in regards to their helmets I was trying to find something that matched the source material, and when I looked at the shoulder pads I thought it was a descent match! I'll admit it does look kinda goofy, but when you sit and think about it, a space marine shoulder pad would make a perfect shell to protect your bonce!
image.jpg

This is the silver horde in its entirety. Four of them, other than having mould lines removed and arm joins filled, havnt been touched. The two that weren't shown yesterday I'll go through next, but the one with the marine helmet has had his intestines filled in to give him a big gut, has had his helmet patched up abit and he now has a rather fetching cloak that I'll go into at the end
image.jpg

These two iv just put together today, the guy with the tracks is representing a character that is in a wheelchair (well, my grimdark version of one anyway), and the other only never got done on Friday because I didn't have his legs at the time. The 'wheelchair' is made from an ork warbuggy drivers seat and legs, the tracks are from the ork wartrakk, and the bolters on the front are from the GW container kit. The arms are from the land speeder kit (I wanted him to look more like he was controlling tracks rather than driving) and the only other thing is I fasioned him a visor as the head I used had some kind of torture devise over his eyes! The other guy has marine boots from the speeder kit and his lasgun is from the last metal goliaths, his head was the one with the rope in its mouth so I filled his beard in to cover it... And yes... Iv seen it.... It will be filled in tomorrow!
image.jpg

This is updated Cohen, beard and eyepatch, bish bash bosh!
I just wish it was as easy to do as it was to talk about it!
image.jpg

And lastly this is the back view from silver horde helmet guy. I had originally wanted to make the silver horde a bunch of aged Ratskin barbarians, in my head they were all going to have lovely long flowing Ratskin cloaks with sculpted little rat faces on top! But when iv looked at how much green stuff it's going to take, it's just not going to be!
But a certain distinguished gentleman by the name of underhand kindly fell for one of my more masterful deceptions and gave me special insite and knowledge into his field of expertise! So out of great respect I sculpted this one cloak! Thanks again for the tips tak, I hope you like my ametur attempt!?
So anyway... The silver horde have now just been downgraded to a bunch of unkempt crazy guys (which is still kinda true)
Thanks for looking and with any luck you might see something painted soon!

spafe

Executive Officer in charge of Hats
Staff member
Necromunda Custodian
Yak Comp 2nd Place
Tribe Council
Feb 8, 2013
Tilehurst, U.k.
Wait... are you telling my the silver horde wans't a bunch of unkept crazy guys before? or that that is a 'downgrade'? Surely a step up from the silver horde is a bunch of crazy guys!

Reactions: CaptainDangerous

CaptainDangerous

Call me Hugh
Yak Comp 3rd Place
Tribe Council
Oct 30, 2016
Durham, uk
:LOL::LOL:
I just meant instead of being a band of unkept crazies with lovely green cloaks of fur, they are just going to be your everyday regular kind of crazy guy! :D
But you cannot downgrade the silver horde man... They are the pure essence of adventure!... and the antique of awesomeness!? :p
"Cohen what are the three greatest things in life?"
"A nice warm bed, toilet paper... and good dentistry!"
:D

spafe

Executive Officer in charge of Hats
Staff member
Necromunda Custodian
Yak Comp 2nd Place
Tribe Council
Feb 8, 2013
Tilehurst, U.k.
Also loving the Rincewind... really captures this:

…in Rincewind’s experience there were few problems that couldn’t be solved with a scream and a good ten yards’ start.

Reactions: CaptainDangerous

Kommissar Shriken

Gang Hero
Yak Comp 1st Place
Nov 21, 2016
Regensburg
this are rly "crazy guys"... they look like the bad guys from "wrong turn"... disrupted a space marine and eated him..... i can hear them talkin "hey look i wearing a spacemarine-helmet so I'm a astartes too HAHAHA" ..

when u paint them pls make the spacemarine-armour in a differing colour like bloodangel, darkangel or better a blue ultra-marine.