THE LOADED DICE TABLE TALKS

Discussion in 'Hive Lore and Background' started by Blood Donor, Apr 24, 2015.

1. ntw3001

ntw3001 Gang Hero

Wow! That was an excellent write-up. Thanks for taking the trouble to do it all!

Blood Donor likes this.
  2. It was a nice peek behind the curten. Good work sir.

Blood Donor likes this.
  3. Blood Donor

Blood Donor Executive Officer in Charge of the 2014 Bake Sale
    Staff Member Necromunda Custodian Yak Philanthropist

Again, great to hear such positive feedback from everyone about this! It really was a lot of fun to write, and the biggest kudos is that towards Rick, Andy, McCragge, @Anthony, and @Malo for not only sharing their accounts on the efforts they put in, but those very efforts themselves (y). I'm convinced this 20th Anniversary year is great for Necromunda, and will only help the game grow as the (f*%k being unbiased :D) greatest tabletop miniatures game based on model count, free rules and overall affordability, a heavily focal and highly encouraged DIY terrain making aspect, and a gaming community that is helpful, inclusive, hard working, and on the pulse of keeping the game's rules system modernized and playtested.

Loriel, Malo, spafe and 2 others like this.
  4. Loriel

Loriel Gang Hero
    Yak Supporter

finally I demanded the time to actually read the whole thing! Excellent work indeed!

I must say that you have managed to gather some extremely good terrain/miniature pictures to the article! :whistle: ;)

Blood Donor and Bastion like this.
  5. Blood Donor

LOL! They certainly are good, really adds to the whole thing. Thanks again for them!

Bastion and Loriel like this.
  6. Ben Green

Ben Green Ganger

That was a really excellent article - I chuckled when i read that Andy Chambers had done some work on Starcraft 2 - when i started playing circa '98 (around when SC1 was released) there were a lot of shouts of "hey look - they're exactly the same as Tyranids!" [in reference to Stacraft's Zerg race], which then changed into the complete opposite when they re-released the 'nid models for 3rd edition, and a lot of the new models shared striking resemblences to Zerg units (Raveners -> Hydralisks?)

</ramble>

Anyway, excellent article, really enjoyed reading it :)

Blood Donor likes this.
  7. Necroplayer

Necroplayer Ganger
    Yak Funder

A truly great article! Thank you for writing it!

Blood Donor likes this.
  8. Blood Donor

Just a shameless bump on this; YakTribe seems to have been getting a good amount of new traffic since last April so I thought I would nudge this thread back to the front page. Hope some new readership comes from this and the Necromunda stoke grows a bit higher :)(y)

spafe, catweazle77 and nooker like this.
  9. ClockworkOrange

ClockworkOrange Executive Officer in charge of Trolling
    Staff Member Tribe Council Yak Comp 1st Place

10. GeeKAbaddon

GeeKAbaddon Gang Champion

Well I'm glad I took the time with my cuppa to read this thread

@Blood Donor Amazing writeup man and getting to speak to the original guys, what a scoop, you sir are a legend :D

Definitely an amazing read for anyone coming to the forum. I played Necro when I was like 10 and my first memories are my Cawdor vs Scavvies, Spryers and Van Saar, wouldn't of thought 20 years+ later I'd be back potentially playing it and with all the hard work the guys on YakTribe have done, GamesWorkshop needs to take a look at these forums and see how its done.

Blood Donor likes this.
  11. Blood Donor

Work on the sequel has begun :cool:

Table Talks II: Underhive Boogaloo

Pace your excitement... even mentioning this at this stage is borderline getting ahead of myself. :p

hreikin, Stoof, spafe and 1 other person like this.
  12. spafe

spafe Executive Officer in charge of Hats
    Staff Member Necromunda Custodian Tribe Council Yak Comp 2nd Place

Toooo Late!

Woo! Woo! Woo! Woo! *starts running round in circles* Woo! Woo! Woo!

Sooo when-is-it? Is-it-done-yet? Whats-it-about? Is-it-done-yet?

Tell us man! We need answers!

Ahem...

Blood Donor and Stoof like this.
  13. Stoof

Stoof Yakmarines 2nd Co. Word Priest
    Tribe Council Yak Comp 2nd Place

I just read through this for the first time, it's a good read! I look forward to round 2.

Blood Donor likes this.
  14. Blood Donor

spafe likes this.
  15. MedMos

MedMos Gang Champion
    Yak Comp 3rd Place

Just read through this, very interesting and well written! Will get to the sequel as soon as time permits (time is an abstract concept, this is a wristwatch...ahem, sorry). Nice job, @Blood Donor! Guess I've got some lasguns to paint...

spafe, Malo and Blood Donor like this.
  16. Blood Donor

Well then, a kudos post with a Don't Hug Me I'm Scared reference? Well played :cool: The sequel is a longer read, but I think it is the better article. On that note, discussing whether Breakin' 2: Electric Boogaloo is better than Breakin' is likely worth its own thread... :rolleyes::D

spafe, MedMos and Malo like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice