1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Mad Morkers Mekshop - Feedback Wanted

Discussion in 'GorkaMorka' started by hreikin, Nov 11, 2016.

1. hreikin

hreikin Gang Hero

Map
    For a long time i have always felt that Gorkamorka was missing a lot of variety in the vehicle department, i have had many an idea about different types of vehicles over the years and i finally managed to get them down on paper (so to speak).

I would love some feedback about them before i get them anywhere near a table for testing, i have never written rules before so may have made some glaring error, none of them are finished and the only one with a little polish is the monster trukk (thanks go to @Flamekebab ). If you think any of them dont quite fit/work please let me know as i may narrow down the options before any kind of "release"

So, enough rambling, here is the link:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1eqH2Vh7gh60jfw-zV2xzRi6adskn03JrxKWbWAfynWk/edit?usp=sharing

To leave a comment just highlight the relevant section and click the little comment button which should pop up and leave your reply.

Thanks

2. Oddsox

Oddsox Ganger

Map
    There is a lot to read through here! It's all very interesting, Ill get to grips with it and give some thoughts tomorrow.

Flamekebab and hreikin like this.
  3. hreikin

hreikin Gang Hero

Map
    Thanks i look forward to it, I shouldve mentioned it was quite large :D

Flamekebab likes this.
  4. Oddsox

Oddsox Ganger

Map
    Armored Trak and Trukk
    Firstly, I think its a nice idea to have somethjng which is geared up for toughness first and then likely best fit to deliver a bunch of boyz into H2H.
    This does need a bit of tweaking though. The single armor point increase is penalised on two fronts, first by a movement decrease and secondly via the no fixed weapon. Taking a regular trak or trulk to the mek could get that armor increase for D6 teef and be able to move 2" faster with a fixed weapon to boot. Basically it makes it a bit weak for that price point.

Attack buggy
    Ive always liked the ideas of buggies in Gorka. I always thought it was a missed opportunity that buggies and trukks were lumped in together. I really like the idea of a buggy spitting out loads of firepower but not being very durable. This one seems good as it is for the price, what I would consider adding is
    1) A possible price decrease and then rules on carry capacity and how big the vehicle should approximately be,
    2) Allowances for travel over difficult terrain
    3) Lower armor value in the crew but higher in the fixed weapon / gunner

Dune Buggy
    Nothing I would change here, I think playtesting would discover whether or not its worth swapping a big gun for two linked gunz. If anything this seems a bit expensive with the gubbinz restriction

Gun Trak/Trukk
    Due to the nature of Traks and Trukks being pretty much interchangable in Gorka, this poses too much of an advantage. Big gunz are already ridiculously powerful and having 2 on one vehicle would be a bit much unless the cost was very.

Monster Trukk
    Love the concept, it is so Orky. However, this is way too powerful in its current state. What this would be great for is a special scenario where multiple mobs try to take it out.

2 fixed weapons, increased armor and 9" of movement is insane though. The 9" gas movement, which is guaranteed every turn, that alone is worth a lot, then youve got an extra big gun mount etc.. just a bit much.

Sand Kart
    Really like this, I like the fact that it changes the spanner rules a bit. However its not clear, does this have a single rider capacity like a biker or is it a bit bigger?

5. Oddsox

Oddsox Ganger

Map
    Just an extra note.. something else to consider might be certain vehicles or upgrades being restricted to Morkers or Gorkers as to make the factions a bit more different?

6. hreikin

hreikin Gang Hero

Map
    Thanks for the feedback @Oddsox i will be adding your comments to the doc so when im working on it later so i can have them at hand

I will probably remove some of them and maybe try writing a couple of scenarios for them like you suggest

Im not sure if the rules ever clarify any vehicles max capacity so i wouldnt want to add it as a restriction if at all possible

Flamekebab likes this.
  7. Oddsox

Oddsox Ganger

Map
    The only restriction at the moment is that you can have as many on board as you can fit.

8. Flamekebab

Flamekebab Gang Hero
    Gorkamorka Warboss

I'm personally very attached to the WYSIWYG approach to crew capacity. Giving the location low armour generally discourages too many stowaways though!

hreikin likes this.
  9. hreikin

hreikin Gang Hero

Map
    i have increased the movement back to the normal stats rather than increasing the armour again, i dont want to make it too tanky to start with

1) i dont want to add capacities if possible, i plan on trying to help with sizes in the descriptions, i just need to get round to fluffing up the document
    2) done
    3) changed crew to 0 and increased fixed weapon/driver to help compensate

i will leave it for now but may increase the fixed weapon/driver armour values to help compensate the issues you mentioned

I will remove these later on tonight and save them for a scenario

it is hard to say, my idea is basically a go-kart for the sand :D i may lower the crew armour to 0 so it doesnt get abused but let them ram like trukks/traks ?

Flamekebab likes this.
  10. Blood Donor

Blood Donor Executive Officer in Charge of the 2014 Bake Sale
    Staff Member Necromunda Custodian Yak Philanthropist

Map
    I like the expanded options, certainly diversifies the garage :) Would you ever consider trying to format them into a vehicle builder formula like how the Ash Wastes vehicles in Necromunda work?

hreikin likes this.
  11. Kon-rad

Kon-rad Gang Champion

Map
    Interesting ideas. I too, have always liked the idea of a class of vehicle between bikes and Trakks/Trukks. Now that GW Trukks are like 4 times as big as they were when Gorkamorka came out, it makes sense to diversify the vehicle types. I like what you did with the "Attack Buggy" making the Crew Location 0. I had the same idea myself the other day. Green minds thing alike.

To keep it simple stoopid, how about just have 3 classes of Chassis. Bike/ Buggy/Trukk. Then choose Wheelz or Trakkz. Just use the rules for trakks and wheels as the are. So a Trakked bike would be different from a normal one in that it can move through Difficult terrain like a Trakk and thrusts for 5". But the first one is still free as it's a bike. Then just call it a Sand Ski/Attack Buggy/Trike or what ever
    Buggies would just be Trukks/Trakks, but have an armor value of 0 on the Crew location. Maybe they ram Bikes as a Trukk, and get rammed by Trukks as a Bike. And .....can fire their big gun in a front 90? (Gunner and Crew 0?)
    Cost 10/15/20? I honestly have never found Trukks to have a huge advantage over Trakks. Maybe we play on bumpier/more heavily strew with cactus boards than normal though.

hreikin likes this.
  12. hreikin

hreikin Gang Hero

Map
    Thanks for the feedback so far guys, did one of you request editing access to the document ?

I like the idea of a formula to build vehicles and it may not be too hard to achieve, i will have to take a look at the ash wastes soon !

Thats an awesome start to a formula, once i have a bit more time i will look deeper into it !

13. hreikin

hreikin Gang Hero

Map
    #13 hreikin, Nov 14, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2016
  14. Blood Donor

Map
    I knicked what I liked best from the Ash Waste rules for the Streamlined Necromunda Vehicle Rules, which included the vehicle builder. Three sizes of vehicles, four types of drive systems, four options for armour, and then a host of accessories based on the vehicle size. So it lets you piece together various things and then you have a price tally. You would certainly have to tweak it with things like monster truck lift kits, but it might allow you to put in less work if you just sample :)

#14 Blood Donor, Nov 14, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 30, 2017
    Knuffe and hreikin like this.
  15. hreikin

hreikin Gang Hero

Map
    Thanks for the link @Blood Donor i have gone a similar route, the only problem i have faced so far is not breaking the vehicles which are already in the game, i need to be able to build those for the same price they would normally cost and still add all the extra options

you can click the link in my post above to see where im currently at with it

Blood Donor likes this.
  16. Blood Donor

Map
    The doc looks clean, really good. Admittedly I am not a GoMo player so I am a bit lost looking at some of the stuff, but it looks good. For Monster Trukk-ness, maybe Buggies and Trucks could have Suspension Lift (named and/or spelt more orkily obviously) as an option and have it increase offensive ramming and difficult terrain management but decrease handling and defensive ramming?

Making given options fit into a new system is legit way harder than starting from scratch, it was a lot easier on my go to just say to hell with the previous offerings. Again, don't know GoMo enough to commend you on the balance and all of your work, but it looks good from an uneducated glance :confused::p

hreikin likes this.
  17. Knuffe

Knuffe Juve

Oooh. I like it and I dont like it. This complicates stuff. I agree the buggy/truck bit should have been better defined in the original rules, but I love the simplisity of it also. Yes, a hypotetical glorified waggon of flaming death may werry well be the illegimate child of a imperial guard walker and a rhino with a flamer, a match only a orc could love? :love: But its also clearly a Trakk with heawy armour and a scorcha.

On the other side, more options. and thats a good thing...

hreikin likes this.
  18. Knuffe

Knuffe Juve

Maybe instead of making new tracks buggys you should make them more like uppgrades/gibbuns. If the wehicle have armoured compartmens (orks ride inside and not on top), it would be more like a tank, and therefor protect the passangers/crew better against stickabombs and scorchas?

A Lighth frame makes the wehicle even faster and more manoverable yet more fragile against atacks and ramming.

Big sand tires could be a option to help wehicle overcome difficult terrains or even climb/jump/drive over sand and dune like terrains. Maybe monstertruck tires should count as a weapon! Monster trucks are for running over all that they survey after al... aren't they?

hreikin likes this.
  19. hreikin

hreikin Gang Hero

Map
    I created the chassis type War Rig to allow for larger vehicles, the suspension lift could be an equipment upgrade i offer to them only to help represent monster trukks, etc.

Thanks, i doubt it will be balanced yet with everything costing 5 Teef at the moment :D

Those are some cool ideas for equipment, altho some of them may work better as gubbinz, i will have to think about it !

i will be working more on the document later so keep the suggestions coming please

20. Kon-rad

Kon-rad Gang Champion

Map
    I like a lot of what I see there, and appreciate the clean, organized layout. And everyone should take a look at BloodDonor's Streamlined Vehicle rules. A lot of good ideas in there.
    Minor proofreading point - you have "Buggies" written instead of "Kart" in the Kart description.
    You could maybe simplify things by combining Trikes and Karts. Model-size-wise it seems to be mostly a cosmetic difference. Driver/Gunner and maybe you can hang a couple ladz off the fenders with creative modeling. Does not matter much if it has 3 or 4 wheels.
    I'm a little leery of the mix-and-match armor upgrades right out of the box. But, I think the 'eavier kustum job, needs to be nerfed or randomized some way anyhow.
    At the risk of making war-rigs even scarier, maybe they could count all smaller vehicles as bikes when ramming/being rammed? Maybe a base S4 when ramming/raking footers? Seems logical and more importantly, properly cinematic!
    I'm curious what people have in mind when they think of a "Trukk". Most of the ladz in our group use a regular Ork Trukk from their 40K army.

hreikin likes this.