The Mad Robot Mega Challenge II

Biggle_Bear

Gang Hero
Nov 1, 2017
I think I have decided on my theme. Unfortunately I have a lot on IRL the next two weeks so it will be clutch to get round 1 finished on time.

Icrotic slime farm. I will make a private quarters were the illegal 'farm' is, 1 delaque civilian per round and some victims.

spafe

Executive Officer in charge of Hats
Staff member
Necromunda Custodian
Yak Comp 2nd Place
Tribe Council
Feb 8, 2013
Tilehurst, U.k.
If you are making different models for each stage then that’s a different story.
and that story would be?

That's kinda why I'm asking... I have 3 of the models, but as the first is being primed, 2nd is being shiny, 3rd is being ruined... getting a consistent base down on all 3 so it looks like all 3 models are the same one, jsut at different stages of it's life.

I think I've got a way round it though, and means I only need to really get one done at a time which is easier within the time limits!

Coenus Scaldingus

Ganger
Yak Comp 1st Place
Apr 29, 2018
Finland
Yay, finally came up with an idea that actually works for all three rounds. Plan may still change completely if the new Escher plastics arrive later this week, but not sure how quick the postal services will reach me this time.

For now, I'm thinking of the Rise and Fall of Sister Melia of the Order of the Pure (and the Spiders from Mars. Disclaimer: there may not be any Spiders from Mars). Got most of the bits ready. Now just to chop half of them into even smaller bits, glue the right bits back together and slap some paint on. How hard can that be?

I6UdLOQ4yBdvpvg?width=660&height=440&cropmode=none.jpg

Punktaku

Un-Dis-Honored
Honored Tribesman
Apr 4, 2017
Connecticut, USA
I looked up the real world version of my idea, and it was surprisingly underwhelming... so I need some sort of embellishment to make it more interesting. Maybe multiples... or

Reactions: trollmeat

Trafalgar Law

Gang Hero
Mar 14, 2017
Chorley, Lancashire, UK
and that story would be?

That's kinda why I'm asking... I have 3 of the models, but as the first is being primed, 2nd is being shiny, 3rd is being ruined... getting a consistent base down on all 3 so it looks like all 3 models are the same one, jsut at different stages of it's life.

I think I've got a way round it though, and means I only need to really get one done at a time which is easier within the time limits!
I think I'll need to work on all three of mine at the same time at least up until the base coat stage. The stock trukk only needs some minor changes, but the other two vehicles will need to look like they've had the same modifications at some point. They will also all need to have the same initial colour scheme.

Scavvierising

Gang Hero
Yak Comp 3rd Place
Honored Tribesman
Aug 3, 2016
London
Should really paint round one stuff first, but I've started rounding stuff up for round 2.
For the more aristocratic ruler/merchant phase of their lives. I think they deserve a bodyguard to highlight their importance.
Built these a couple of years back as generic scum and clan gangers. Never went anywhere with it as I had to quickly build an actually functioning gang for the LGT 2018. And so got distracted by chaos cultists.

spafe

Executive Officer in charge of Hats
Staff member
Necromunda Custodian
Yak Comp 2nd Place
Tribe Council
Feb 8, 2013
Tilehurst, U.k.
My entry for the first month. A new container, still being assembled by a technician, painted (first layer of hazard stripes!) by a servitor, and corrupted by a infiltrating stealer cultist who is of a purple taint, but spreading a new cousin cult that has shades of blue in its genes (just eggs at the moment).

trollmeat

Hive Guilder
Yak Comp 2nd Place
Nov 5, 2014
Think I am definitely out at this stage, I had hoped to have more time but it seems I have less.

Maybe in some alternate world I managed to build a smol base of baby mushroom ppl (like nugrlings), and then a single tall myconid looking proud and strong, and a third piece of the shroom person no-longer mobile just sitting there being terrain........... 😕

Biggle_Bear

Gang Hero
Nov 1, 2017
Think I am definitely out at this stage, I had hoped to have more time but it seems I have less.

Maybe in some alternate world I managed to build a smol base of baby mushroom ppl (like nugrlings), and then a single tall myconid looking proud and strong, and a third piece of the shroom person no-longer mobile just sitting there being terrain........... 😕
Fantastic idea. If I understand right, the MRMC doesn't require an entry at each round to take part. It is just next to impossible to win with such a handicap. So why not try prepare for round 2 already?