Necromunda The Spire: An N17/N18 Praising Thread

Punktaku

Un-Dis-Honored
Honored Tribesman
Apr 4, 2017
Connecticut, USA
Sump Warning: I bought a gang for $36 from Noble Knight games. I like that the arms are interchangeable, but the weird cuts on the bodies and the fiddly bits for the heads means I probably won’t buy anymore.

Reactions: Tiny

Tiny

Hive Guilder
Tribe Council
Jul 12, 2011
South Wales, UK
www.tinyworlds.co.uk
Which gang did you get?
Im not a fan of the “mono pose with options” way GW is doing minis these days either tbh. The GSC neophytes are about the only modern kit they do without having basically only two options per torso.

Reactions: Space Truckin

Sobek

Gang Champion
Jul 22, 2018
Germany
@Tiny

I bought Escher.

:love:

They do have ridiculously tiny heads though, admittedly. And I would love more options with regular boots (like not heels and stuff). Thinking about it, I don’t know that I like the models straight from the box all that much.
But they’re my favourite band. That song about the fire in the hallway was great.

I really hope you‘ll have some fun with these girls.
(Yeah. I know. Sounds wrong.)

Last edited:

MusingWarboss

Hive Guilder
Oct 31, 2013
I bought Escher.
Yay! Word of warning, those shoulders while apparently keyed to fit in a certain way, if you use too much glue or polycement together and pull apart later before it’s cured then they may as well be ball joints.

Goliath has the best interlocking shoulder joints I’ve used so far. Orlock are a bit rubbish at times and Cawdor... connect only at certain points per model so...
Yeah.

Dunno about the other two.

Stoof

Yakmarines 2nd Co. Word Priest
Yak Comp 2nd Place
Tribe Council
Jun 1, 2016
Ellon, United Kingdom
Word of warning, those shoulders while apparently keyed to fit in a certain way, if you use too much glue or polycement together and pull apart later before it’s cured then they may as well be ball joints.
That's not a bug it's a feature. Don't let GW know that you can defeat the monoposing on the Escher sprues with five seconds with a file per arm!

Sobek

Gang Champion
Jul 22, 2018
Germany
Well the bonus of announcing a new rule book made prices of the Dark Uprising one drop from 55 to 25.
Remains to be seen whether that really is a „new“ rulebook. I guess it just has all the errata printed in.

But that one passage in the article referring to a new Escher plastic sprue ... tell me more, GW! That is to say: Show me. Next week!

Last edited:

almic85

Cranky Git
Oct 30, 2014
Palmerston, ACT, Australia
I think the campaign rules in the Du rulebook are actually the best to use of all the official ones so far as it stops gangs from running away in terms of size and gang rating.

Although it’s territories are much simpler and generate significantly less credits the main issue though is that it is fairly heavy handed in how it does it as it removes the trading post completely as well as stopping credit generation in the second half of the campaign.