Necromunda The Spire: An N17 Praising Thread

Sobek

Ganger
Jul 22, 2018
Germany
Happy posts are the best posts!
They are indeed. I don't see why this should not be a place to just be happy about N18. I have just been painting moar SecMec scenery and just remembered that the main reason I started with N17 was that I got to make a room full of scenery and it would actually pay off, not just be "nice looking, but in the way all the time" as back in the days with Warhammer Fantasy Battles or similar games. SO looking forward to finally getting all of this together on my gaming mat and going crazy in the sumps of Bartertown!

I actually just started another Gang, mainly for other people to use in introductory / demo games, just because I am so excited about all this myself!

MusingWarboss

Gang Hero
Oct 31, 2013
Was quite amused with the latest Community post:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2019/04/23/apocrypha-necromundus-rust-town/

Would you enter Rust Town (that sounds wrong) and have a go in Bald Bryan’s Chrono-Crystal Maze?? (Also sounds wrong)

I think I would. Mumsy.

Also the talk of him being Bryan Aranthus. and possibly heralding in a new golden age based on the past... is it just me or isn’t that a bit of a nod to former 80s GW owner, Bryan Ansell??? “The crystals are intended to turn back time and restore his bloodline”... hmmm... Inquisitor Kirby-T May have to exterminate that line of enquiry.

Quick! To the Industrial Zone!!! Oh, hang on. That’s the whole hive. Damn. To the Aztec (not-at-all-made-from-AoS-Scenery) Zone!!!

ThreeDice

Gang Hero
May 27, 2014
A Crystal Maze Necro campaign would be fun. Maybe with Battle Royal starting gear to kill the arms race. Why not randomized gangers from different Houses, too? Scenario objectives could lead to blind choices... Skill, Physical, Mental, Mystery.

ThreeDice

Gang Hero
May 27, 2014
th?id=OIP.RYbpoPYUE6l_6-xJPffG0wHaE3&pid=15.jpg

Battle Royale the film adaption of a book of the same name. Don't know about the manga, will have to look that up. Strictly controlling the weapons and gear is a good way to get some of that Oldmunda vibe back into the game but players tend to balk if things are arbitrarily taken off the menu. However, if the entire setting were within a gameshow, all sorts of changes and controls could be added.

Ml2sjw

Gang Hero
Nov 25, 2017
United kingdom
Was quite amused with the latest Community post:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2019/04/23/apocrypha-necromundus-rust-town/

Would you enter Rust Town (that sounds wrong) and have a go in Bald Bryan’s Chrono-Crystal Maze?? (Also sounds wrong)

I think I would. Mumsy.

Also the talk of him being Bryan Aranthus. and possibly heralding in a new golden age based on the past... is it just me or isn’t that a bit of a nod to former 80s GW owner, Bryan Ansell??? “The crystals are intended to turn back time and restore his bloodline”... hmmm... Inquisitor Kirby-T May have to exterminate that line of enquiry.

Quick! To the Industrial Zone!!! Oh, hang on. That’s the whole hive. Damn. To the Aztec (not-at-all-made-from-AoS-Scenery) Zone!!!
I'm really enjoying the aporcapha series, I like they are mixing old known settlements with new settlements like rust town. I completely missed the crystal maze reference in the original mention of the rust town in the WD gauntlet scenario (now republished with the badzone delta rules)

I do like the idea of upping the anti and creating an almost warhammer quest style dungeon of nasties for select members of gangs to fight their way though.

Last edited:

Thorgor

Of The YAQ
Oct 12, 2015
Issy-les-Moulineaux 92130 France
Battle Royale the film adaption of a book of the same name. Don't know about the manga, will have to look that up.
The manga is another adaptation of the same book that's reportedly more faithful to the source. If you are ok with the art-style (the character design is quite cartoonesque, Dawson casting is in full effect, and the deaths are very gorily depicted) and the fact that Mitsuko (the sickle girl in your pic) is wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy less subtly sexualized than in the movie, then I'd recommend it.
Stay away from both the BR2 movie and the Blitz Royal manga though.

Anyway, if BR shows something it's that randomly distributing weapons of vastly different power levels doesn't make for a fairer fight ;)

Last edited:

ThreeDice

Gang Hero
May 27, 2014
Yeah, hated BR2, couldn't believe it when I saw it. The first film had such powerful moments; there are times when I have to skip the lighthouse scene because it's genuinely too much for me to watch when I just want to chill. To be followed up by such garbage was a real shame.

Thanks for the tip.

Reactions: Paupoi

Kitcar

Gang Hero
Jan 3, 2017
St. Louis, Illinois, USA
View attachment 85336

Battle Royale the film adaption of a book of the same name. Don't know about the manga, will have to look that up. Strictly controlling the weapons and gear is a good way to get some of that Oldmunda vibe back into the game but players tend to balk if things are arbitrarily taken off the menu. However, if the entire setting were within a gameshow, all sorts of changes and controls could be added.
Rollerball

Scavvierising

Local Tramp
Honored Tribesman
Aug 3, 2016
London
Wasn't there a note in the gauntlet scenario about winning a chrono crystal and how you should keep note of this for the future?