Necromunda The Sump: An N17 venting thread

Thorgor

Of The YAQ
Oct 12, 2015
Issy-les-Moulineaux 92130 France
As long as they also have non-standard weapon names, I have no issue with it. It's something they actually fixed/avoided in GotU (renaming Slate's weapon a "Custom plasma pistol" and naming Baertrum's an "Artisan needle pistol with auto loader", which are clearly unique, non-standard weapon names.)

A master-crafted hotshot laspistol is something you can make with items purchased from the trading post and, to make things worse, master-crafted weapons have an invisible special rule that is not represented by a Trait or Characteristics change. So I still don't know if Kal's weapons are supposed to get a re-roll on failed hits or not. Is "master-crafted" just a fancy title they used instead of 'custom' or 'artisan' to handwave that the weapons keep their Am 2+ (completely forgetting that it actually means something rule-wise), or does it have its usual meaning?

If it's not a mistake, then it's bad design, which imo is even worse.

TopsyKretts

Gang Hero
Dec 29, 2017
Kristiansand
Unique weapons MUST have unique names. GW insists on failing to do so.

MusingWarboss

Gang Hero
Oct 31, 2013
What they insist on is that Necromunda is a fluffy ruleset. What they don't do is follow that up. Fluffy to them means "unfinished" as in "we wrote some stuff. It sorta works, it'll do."

Proper fluffy rules *would* include unique names for weapons as that seems to be a basic standard for non-standard weapons. Just think of any fantasy or SF story. All the unique weapons have a damn name!!!

Kitcar

Gang Hero
Jan 3, 2017
St. Louis, Illinois, USA
Q: How do you catch a rabbit?
A: Unique up on it!

I insist on telling this....

Punktaku

Un-Dis-Honored
Honored Tribesman
Apr 4, 2017
Connecticut, USA
i thought it was “how do you catch a rare, wild animal”?

2 comments