Necromunda The Sump: General hobby venting thread (Beware: old men shouting at clouds)

I do my bases brown, mainly because I figure that a non-descript dirt colour suits most environments (except Necromunda, but even there it's not too bad given the amount of rust and what not).

My bases were all Goblin Green with "sand" on top "back in the day", because that's how GW did theirs. These days I mostly do the rims black, because it works in most settings. I did though do my Empire cannon, steam tank, knights and Steel Legion bases in Steel Legion drab (or Vallejo's RAF Dark Earth) as it seemed more appropriate.

Last edited:
I do my bases brown, mainly because I figure that a non-descript dirt colour suits most environments (except Necromunda, but even there it's not too bad given the amount of rust and what not).
Black rim, dirt drybrushed grey surface -like that servitor above - with bits of printed N95 deck plating underneath, and broken signs and torn posters on top. That's mine. Coming to the game from Space Hulk before 40K, goblin green was never my base colour scheme.

Last edited:
Reactions: cronevald
I wish hex bases had become a standard instead of roundies, having six clear sides would allow for much more detailed maneouvering and flanking rules. Wedge your lads in a tight corridor to present rheir front armour, circle melee opponents,move to flank and actually get benefits from it. Round-based games tend to have minimal reference to facing, pretty much limited to identifying a 90 or 180 degree front arc. We could have had better

I'm a bit behind on the whole "new awful website" thing, as I hadn't really tried to use it. However, today I was going to order a MTO knight, but apparently a "reset password" button (it's been a while) is WAY too complicated for GW to comprehend, and you need to contact support for what should be a simple automated process.

I also couldn't figure out how to get back to the main shop to add other stuff to my basket, and can't be arsed wasting life finding out.

So, lost sales as a direct effect of their poor website. Whoops!

Whoever designed the site is a shoe-in for promotion.

Yeah I cant even order from the website without waiting in a queue which is great because I come to my senses and decide not to buy anything.

The books thing is infuriating. I like physical books (and boardgames) as it gives my eyes a break from screens. I havent had any luck buying books and supplement rules for the last year. Ebay is even 'sold out'. If its over a year old it might as well not exist.

Reactions: Mr. M
A couple of weeks ago Gee-Dubbs sent me a message that the Rogue Trader book would be delivered to me. It turned out to be a hoax message as the GW store never received it. I am still waiting for it (ordered in October of 2023) and it will take about six months in the end.
Still waiting on mine as well. Went to the website to contact them about it but every time I click on the 'my account' icon it gets stuck in a loop of reloading the homepage until I close the browser.

So, lost sales as a direct effect of their poor website. Whoops!

Whoever designed the site is a shoe-in for promotion.
It’s probably part of their plan to make “The Hobby” more exclusive. You can’t buy their stuff in local non-GW stores, you can’t buy it online… soon you won’t be able to buy it in their stores either.

It’ll be reserved for those who can travel to Nottingham, do the initiation dance in Warhammer World car park and give the super special handshake to the CEO in the side room next to his office. Then and only then, will you be allowed to progress to the next level - means testing, to see which game system you’ll be permitted to collect from and if you pass then you can set up the direct debit subscription to gain access to the physical store in Lenton Lane HQ.

After that you can buy your stuff.

If it’s in stock.