The Town of Last Stop

prewarsalad

Ganger
Dec 22, 2015
newcastle
For a new years resolution I decided to get back into necromunda and finally build some decent scenery to play my games on. For over a decade mine and my friends proxy models have battled across cardboard boxes, the original necromunda buildings and more recently unpainted mdf terrain.

When the new models came out I bought the box set and was so ooooh dissapointed with the incomplete slap dash rules, that I stopped playing for over a year. The new compiled rule books has changed all that and I am now super behind the new system.

I have set myself the task of completing 16 square feet of modular terrain tiles. Rather than modelling them around the wild and abandoned parts of the underhive I decided to make something more lived in, and this is where the town of Last Stop has come from.

Last Stop is a small settlement in the depths of the underhive, it's the last stop before brave (idiotic) travellers venture into the Sump. So I present the start of my first 2 x 1 tile, some accommodation for Last Stop's residents.

prewarsalad

Ganger
Dec 22, 2015
newcastle

spafe

Executive Officer in charge of Hats
Staff member
Necromunda Custodian
Yak Comp 2nd Place
Tribe Council
Feb 8, 2013
Tilehurst, U.k.
These look fantastic mate! And good solid LoS blockers are always a good thing for encouraging moving and stop folk from castling up in a corner.

Reactions: sump dweller

prewarsalad

Ganger
Dec 22, 2015
newcastle
These look fantastic mate! And good solid LoS blockers are always a good thing for encouraging moving and stop folk from castling up in a corner.
Cheers buddy. I have many tiles planned, some with a lot less blocking terrain to open up firing lanes. This bad boy will definitely sit in the middle of the table to allow lots of running around in moderate safety.

Reactions: spafe

Punktaku

Un-Dis-Honored
Honored Tribesman
Apr 4, 2017
Connecticut, USA
very nice! can almost see mocked-up gantries created by the locals stretched between them, along with some clothes lines. very evocative. the...semi-biological?.. appearance of the doors kinda threw me at first. where are those from?

Reactions: Aulenback

Stoof

Yakmarines 2nd Co. Word Priest
Yak Comp 2nd Place
Tribe Council
Jun 1, 2016
Ellon, United Kingdom
Looking good dude! One thing might improve them - The rust/corrosion patches look a bit too light at the moment (it could be the flash though). Perhaps darken down the rust patches on the walls with a slightly thinned dark reddish-brown, nice and roughly done.

(l love the card by the way (y))

Reactions: sump dweller

prewarsalad

Ganger
Dec 22, 2015
newcastle
Looking good dude! One thing might improve them - The rust/corrosion patches look a bit too light at the moment (it could be the flash though). Perhaps darken down the rust patches on the walls with a slightly thinned dark reddish-brown, nice and roughly done.

(l love the card by the way (y))
Yeah, some of them have a bit too much yellow. I'll try a wash to dull it down.

jonbo

Gang Champion
Yak Comp 1st Place
I very much like the configuration of the buildings being all ramshackle and with the overhangs. It might be worth taking some blister foam and adding a couple of different textures over the flat red and blue to represent some dirt and grime as well as the peeling paint effect you've already got. You can also drybrush a dark brown at the bottoms of the walls to add in another layer of filth!

prewarsalad

Ganger
Dec 22, 2015
newcastle
I very much like the configuration of the buildings being all ramshackle and with the overhangs. It might be worth taking some blister foam and adding a couple of different textures over the flat red and blue to represent some dirt and grime as well as the peeling paint effect you've already got. You can also drybrush a dark brown at the bottoms of the walls to add in another layer of filth!
I definitely want to dirty them all up, I used foam to do the rust. What would you recommend sponging onto the painted areas?

jonbo

Gang Champion
Yak Comp 1st Place
I definitely want to dirty them all up, I used foam to do the rust. What would you recommend sponging onto the painted areas?
I tend to go with a dark grey (Skavenblight dinge or similar) and a dark brown (Dryad bark) for my grime! Thinned orangey brown is great for rust streaks too.

Fort%2B3.jpg

spafe

Executive Officer in charge of Hats
Staff member
Necromunda Custodian
Yak Comp 2nd Place
Tribe Council
Feb 8, 2013
Tilehurst, U.k.
These are looking really good! Do you have a game mat or table to lay them out on?

prewarsalad

Ganger
Dec 22, 2015
newcastle
These are going to made into my first scenery tile. A 2 foot by 1 foot commune nestled between 2 massive gas silos. I was going to make the floor out of sector mechanicus walkways and window shims.

Reactions: ThreeDice and spafe

prewarsalad

Ganger
Dec 22, 2015
newcastle