The Unkindness

Crowgod

Ganger
Jul 22, 2017
Excellent use of leftover bird bits!
It's not as clever as you'd imagine. The base model is fairly intact, all I've done is cut off the left arm, shaved the finger details off the wing cut off the stilts. I adapted an escher Chem thrower into a flamethrower by adding an ork exhaust, which I thought looked really Cawdor.
I still need to attach a tank to the tube and add some wraps here and there. The original sculpt is one of the best gw have produced, I didn't want to mess with the sillouette.

Sobek

Gang Champion
Jul 22, 2018
Germany
I‘ve seen quite some 40k-ish conversions of that birdman, but honestly I think it’s the dumbest looking guy in the whole WarCry crow gang. But that’s just me.

Did you add bionics of some sort to the wings? If I understood the base model correctly, it‘s a hooded guy on stilts in a costume, waving with his arms imitating a raven.

What bothers me at the moment is that he operates a flame thrower (cool), but knowing the base model I am wondering where that third arm came from to do that? In case you already found a nice and elegant solution I just didn’t see, please be kind with that old-eyed sumpcroc and show me.

And while that mace is comically enlarged, it fits the movement and I really like your Stig Shambler interpretation!

Last edited:

Crowgod

Ganger
Jul 22, 2017
I cut his left arm off at the shoulder. I then used the escher arm that holds the Chem thrower and positioned it facing forward. I'll add a styrene rod to replace where the arm was holding the wing. I'm not using him as a flying model, the whole bird 'shtick' is just theatrical. It won't work for everyone, people's tastes are so varied. I like him though and since I'm building him, that's what's important.
I appreciate your feedback though, cheers. 🙂

Reactions: Sobek

Sobek

Gang Champion
Jul 22, 2018
Germany
Of course, you should like what you are doing in this hobby and your free time. If others like it, too, that’s a bonus.

Reactions: Crowgod

Crowgod

Ganger
Jul 22, 2017
Of course, you should like what you are doing in this hobby and your free time. If others like it, too, that’s a bonus.
Absolutely, I've had a ton of positive feedback and only a few people who didn't like my work. But creativity is subjective so Im happy = main reason for building my guys and other people have been extremely kind with their admiration = gravy on top 😁

Sobek

Gang Champion
Jul 22, 2018
Germany
Never meant to offend anyone and I like what you and others do by converting the bird man, I just think the original model is crap. The rest of the crow gang is great, I might get a box and convert some Ratskins.

Reactions: Crowgod

Punktaku

Un-Dis-Honored
Honored Tribesman
Apr 4, 2017
Connecticut, USA
that could be cool. like maybe an opposing faction of Indigenous Necromundans? Something like the Children of the Crow vs. the Children of the Rat. or maybe they’re based of Totems with unique hive powers. Ratskins, Crowcloaks, Snakescales, etc.

Crowgod

Ganger
Jul 22, 2017
Never meant to offend anyone and I like what you and others do by converting the bird man, I just think the original model is crap. The rest of the crow gang is great, I might get a box and convert some Ratskins.
I honestly didn't take offence! I thought we were just having a conversation 😁. I'm 39 and sticking toy soldiers together, Itd take a lot more than this to offend me 😂. I enjoy discussing the hobby, please believe that anytime anybody takes time to comment on my work is most welcome 🙂

Crowgod

Ganger
Jul 22, 2017
Loving the names! Thou Shalt Not Allow Corruption Into Thine Heart Barebones ["Corruption" Barebones] would be proud to burn heretics alongside them, I am sure.
Thank you, I'm writing quite extensive lore atm for these. The first time I've attempted it but enjoying the process