The Warlords

Stubram

Gang Hero
Jul 9, 2016
Dorset
Yo!

I really just want a place to log my gang progress in a kind of random stream of inane rubbish, now that I've gotten back into Necro after nearly two decades.

Huzzah!

Reactions: CaptainDangerous

Stubram

Gang Hero
Jul 9, 2016
Dorset
Diablo Nova (Goliath) Vs The Whisper Men (Delaques)

Having existed for about 12 seconds, 'Nova gangboss Janus must just have had 'that kind of face', as the local Delaque gang decided to Skrag him during his first outing.

The Delaques brought along the minimum 4 men for the hit, while the Goliaths brought the maximum 6.

Feeling just a little smug that an under strength gang, known for it's aversion to physical combat, wanted to take on a decked out Goliath gang leader toe-to-toe, the Novas were a little taken aback when a flamethrower suddenly hit two of them in the face.

Mithus went out of action immediately (though made a full recovery, leading to claims that he was faking it). Astorus, however, was made of tougher stuff, and managed to catch on fire, run into a bulkhead, turn around, run off the first floor of a building, then run around a bit more in circles before succumbing to the flames. It was glorious, though the Delaque heavy used his entire promethium supply doing it.

Suddenly 1/3 down, the Goliaths started to pay attention. Reinforcements quickly came in, first Old Man Sachus with his boltgun, and then Igneous toting an autorifle. Having flanked the Delaque leader and catching him in the open, they expected an easy time of it, and indeed seemed to get one as he went 'man down'.
Clearly a sneaky Delaque ploy to catch them off guard, the leader then immediately popped back up and quickly dispatched both Goliath gangers in an impressive display of shooting, though running out of ammo in the process.

Enraged at this poor display of Goliath prowess, the two hot headed Nova juves sprinted out into the open to tackle two opposing gangers seeking to encircle them from the other side. Offended at such an afront to his leadership, Nova gangboss Janus shot his own juve in the back (earning the nickname 'The Commissar!').

With half the gang down, and most of the rest on fire or shooting at each other, it was all down to Phorus - a juve armed with nothing but an autopistol and the biggest mohawk hairspray could fashion. Dodging hotshot shells, he hosed down one Delaque ganger, (followed by a swift kicking, finishing him off). Phorus then took a charge from the other Delaque who, shocked by the brutal downing if his friend, massively fumbled the attack, also going to to the crazed juve.

With reinforcements still coming in and only two Delaque opponents remaining (both of whom were out of ammo!), the Goliaths surveyed the battlefield, took stock of the situation, and then confidently decided to...

Run away.

Yup. They bottled it.

My first game in a long time, and a great reminder how awesome the game is. We got a couple of bits wrong (forgetting that you can only test to unpin at the end of a ganger's go, not the beginning), and assumed some stuff to move the game on (like, can a flamer weapon hit people on multiple levels simultaneously if the models are in the open under the same template? We decided 'yes', as the image of a deluge of promethium falling out of the sky from nowhere was just too cool to miss (even though it toasted two of my gangers!).

We also didn't realise that I didn't have to take bottle tests, and my opponent shouldn't have told me of his mission!

Looking forward to our next match, which will be to rescue poor, crispy Astorus.

Last edited:

Stubram

Gang Hero
Jul 9, 2016
Dorset
Ooooh. Should really have read the next paragraph as well. The first one says that the model misses his turn, but the next one says he can test to become unpinned at the beginning if another gang member is 2" away.

Reactions: spafe

spafe

Executive Officer in charge of Hats
Staff member
Necromunda Custodian
Yak Comp 2nd Place
Tribe Council
Feb 8, 2013
Tilehurst, U.k.
its all learning, as long as everyone had a blast and someone was covered if fire it was a good day!

Reactions: Stubram

Domino

Ganger
Jul 16, 2014
Wyke Road, Weymouth, Dorset
My report on Sundays Battle.
I don't think it's as good as Stubram's and I don't have pics (my old pc has problems with uploading such things).

The Whisper Men had recently formed and needed to gain a rep for themselves, to this end they decided to try and Scrag the local Goliath Leader of Diablo Nova. Taking him down should boost their rep in the local drinking holes.
It was just a matter of timing…

Leaving Ulyses in charge of the gangs holdings, Vic, Lucifer, Wash and Two Fry headed out.

Moving forward, Lucifer spotted two Goliath’s trying to use cover and decided to spray them with promethium. A glorious gout of flame licked the Goliath’s taking one down and leaving the other screaming about his hair do (at least that's what it sounded like), but too quickly the weapon sputtered out.
He hadn’t filled his canister properly and was now down to his knife and pistol.

Wash and Two Fry tried to tag team some Juves, but managed to do nothing. It would cost them dear a little while later.
Though a grenade fired from their right flank bounced harmlessly into ‘no mans land’.

Goliath reinforcements started to arrive and took pot-shots at Vic who spun and went down as if hit only to spring up and catch the offender off guard with a Bolt gun shell. The mechanism jammed making his weapon useless. He would have to have stern words with his suppliers whilst he got the hole in his coat fixed. His trusty laspistol took care of the second Goliath making him feel more confident.

Meanwhile, Lucifer decided to chase the Goliath boss whilst keeping out of site of the Goliath Heavy only to find his target had moved away.

Even though the Goliath boss shot one of his own Juves, the other managed to take out Two Fry who later recovered with only a few bruises, though Wash charged forward and was ‘sucker punched’ running straight into the Juves Blade. He would make it back but with a vicious chest wound (-1T).

Even though it seemed to be going against them with two men out of action, the Whisper Men decided to fight on shouting encouragement to each other only to see their foe melt away into the shadows.

Looking round they found their fallen comrades and, looking a little singed, a Goliath who after interigation revealed his name to be Astorus.
A special party invite was sent to Janus of Diablo Nova with reassurances that Astorus would be treated fairly in accordance with convention.

Really enjoyed getting back into Necromunda again, though we made loads of mistakes.

When we can get round to it, the Rescue mission should be interesting. I’m going to try and brush up on my rules in the meantime.

Stubram

Gang Hero
Jul 9, 2016
Dorset
Awesome. Love the perspective! I only took one pic tho (of my gangboss shooting his own man). Will spank it up when I can

Reactions: spafe

Stubram

Gang Hero
Jul 9, 2016
Dorset
Due to me buying a load more models I didn't need, I reckon I can make my gang leader look pretty god damn amazing. Since he's picked up the moniker 'The Commissar' (Thanks Domino!) for shooting his own man in the back, I'm planning to use an on-order Blood Reaver to make a giant berserker commissar with peaked cap, cloak and huge bastard chainsword.

Huzzah!

Stubram

Gang Hero
Jul 9, 2016
Dorset
It's really inspired the way I want this gang to function. I'm thinking that they'll only rescue members who've earned it (like being on fire for an entire battle!). Cowards will be abandoned or worse.

BLOOD FOR THE... unaffiliated and unspecified deity who certainly doesn't exist.:cautious:

Last edited:
Reactions: spafe and thestance

Domino

Ganger
Jul 16, 2014
Pre battle update: Rescue Mission

This is just to set the scene for the next battle with @Stubram and his Diablo Nova gang.
Due to our last game having mistakes and our forgetting some important post game details, I didn't bother with the underdog bonus and only took advances as if we were on a par rating wise.

Wiping his blade, Vic made his way into the lair where his men were holed up.
‘I’ve had a word with our supplier and he’s seen the error of his ways. How’s the prisoner?’

‘Alive.’ Came the reply.

‘Good. Get him food and water.’

‘But boss!’

‘Do it! I’ll not have us accused of not keeping faith with our charges.’ Vic brandished his blade to put forward his point.

Wash winced as he moved to pass edible fungus and water to Astoros, their Goliath prisoner. He reflected on how much better this prisoner had fared compared to himself.
Astorus, though chained, looked defiant as he chased down the meagre rations with water.

Vic took stock of their position and started briefing his men.
‘Rumour has it that we may have guests soon, so I want patrols keeping an eye out.'
He looked over at Wash as he continued. 'If Diablo Nova come for their man, keep back and pick 'em off at range. I don't want any heroics that will weaken us. Keep your eyes peeled and trust your guns.
'Now get the patrols going, and try to keep each other in sight for support.'

Ulyses directed the Juves to the lookout points with a quick indication of his hand.

‘Two Fry. How much did we make?’

’25 creds Guv, no recruits though.’ He replied as he checked his ammo.

‘Well It covers this.’ Vic tossed a canister (weapon reload, flamer) to Lucifer who deftly caught it. ‘Don’t forget it next time. I’ll not have our most powerful weapon out of the game just ‘caus you forget to refill your canisters. Now get up there and keep an eye out with the Juves…’

'OK boss!' He was a little relieved as he could have had a worse punishment than to pull an extra lookout patrol. He too had heard the rumours about Janus 'The Commisar' and knew that Vic may be tough when it was needed, but was always fair...

Stubram

Gang Hero
Jul 9, 2016
Dorset
The Rescue AKA What The Hell Just Happened.

Taking no chances, 'The Commissar' took his entire gang to rescue Astorus. Surprising, considering the callousness and general disregard he'd shown to his own men so far. Perhaps his actions were less to do with solidarity, and more to do with fears over what Astorus might reveal under interrogation...

Relying on numbers over stealth, the Novas swarmed in and rushed the tower where Astorus was being held. Luck was on their side, as every single Delaque sentry bar one decided to find something interesting to stare at in completely the opposite direction. The dull witted sentries didn't even stir when the bullets started to fly, downing one of their number.

Taking advantage of the confusion, Gangboss Janus whipped his three juve wards ahead of him, ready to clamber up the tower, while 'Nova heavy Forvus Gorge took prime firing position on the bumbling Delaque leader and let rip...
only to completely miss, jam his gun, and set off the bloody alarm.

It went downhill from here.

Shocked by the sudden wail of sirens, Janus was caught in the open with his three juve 'meatshields' clustering together, right in front of Lucifer Squib, who unsportingly tried to set fire to everyone again. One juve went down, one juve stood still but caught fire, and the other ran away screaming. On fire. Only Janus himself withstood the blast, possibly because three of his men caught most of it for him.

More bullets and las-blasts whistled around him, all to no avail. It was thus that fate chose the newest Whisperman, Rufus Johns, to show his gang how to do it. Taking aim at extreme range, through hard terrain, with a pistol, the young Rufus nailed the 'mighty' Goliath leader with a head shot, permanently blinding him in one eye.

Phorus, the hero of the last battle, succumbed to the flames and received such horrific wounds that he lost partial hearing, several fingers from each hand, and was left with horrible scars, a head wound and an old battle wound that would haunt him for the rest of his life.

In retaliation, the Goliaths downed all of the Whispermen surrounding Astorus, but the damage to morale had been done. Leaving Astorus to his fate, the Diablo Novas quit the field.

This game pivoted on one point - I forgot that you move ALL of your gang, then shoot. Not move and shoot each ganger. I therefore positioned four men (including my leader), in the open, right in front of an enemy Heavy with a flamer. Those men going down/running away triggered my Bottle threshold, and the rest was just a matter of time.

That's not to say that my opponent didn't have some horrible luck, like most of his gang wandering around high ledges, facing the wrong way and not reacting even when being shot!

Luckily for him though, all of his downed men made a full recovery, whilst mine were mutilated. A painful and expensive lesson learned.

I would say that I'm my own worst enemy, but Lucifer Squib and his sodding flamethrower may win that contest.

Last edited:
Reactions: spafe and Domino

Stubram

Gang Hero
Jul 9, 2016
Dorset
On another note, a few of the Novas levelled up. Clearly the focus of their training was 'how not to get injured and die' as three of them (I kid you not) got a Toughness increase. The gods of Irony were out in force, as I rolled a medipack on the rare trade list, but couldn't afford it anyway.

So, now the Novas have run away twice, abandoned one man, another is the walking dead, and nearly everyone else has a lasting injury.

After two games.

I had a vague theme that my Gangboss was a Commissar on the run due to his worship of the Emperor as an incarnation of war, slowly devolving into blood rites and icon worship.

As they've got their butts handed to them twice now, I think the Bloody Handed God may not look favourably on them.

However, a gang full tough, hard to kill men, including one so horrifying that he causes fear? Which Chaos deity do we think will take pity on them???

Last edited:
Reactions: Domino and spafe

Domino

Ganger
Jul 16, 2014
Love the write up.

I was as shocked as you with the way it went, especially as it's the first time I've been in a game where the rescuers didn't get near their man.
Your luck on the 'serious injuries' was atrocious, but I like your take on Rufus and his 'one in a million' shot.

I've transferred the pictures we took of the game to my PC and will process them and update my report later.
Got to think up the best way to report Atorus' fate ;)

Reactions: spafe and Stubram

Stubram

Gang Hero
Jul 9, 2016
Dorset
PS. Perhaps Slanesh may look favorably on them as she's into that pleasure & pain thing.
Ha! Did think of that, especially as my boss looks fairly kinky. I'll see how the next few games play out to see which (if any) gods favour them.

Reactions: Domino

Stubram

Gang Hero
Jul 9, 2016
Dorset
Got to think up the best way to report Atorus' fate ;)
Just as long as it's suitably horrific. P.s. I figured that having two head wounds made no sense for Phorus, as stupid/frenzy isn't cumulative, and you cant have both at the same time. I rolled again and he lost three fingers from his other hand, making him WS 1!

Need to make a suitably mangled model for him. Thinking of getting some kind of zombie

Last edited:
Reactions: Domino