Necromunda Theme music for Necromunda

Biggle_Bear

Gang Hero
Nov 1, 2017
Hey, I’m arnold, but people rounds here call me armpit!
Had a lot of fun playing that game!
How many times did you finish it @Biggle_Bear?
At least a dozen. I never knew whether it was an official fallout game or some knock off that flew under the interplay radar. But absolutely loved it. I even remember the last playthrough. Starting as the vault dweller without level ups on the hardest difficulty. I was determined to beat all the optional gladiator battles but couldn't quite do the last one... against the vault dweller.

Boy I have a weird brain.

Reactions: CaptainDangerous

cronevald

Gang Champion
Jun 5, 2016
Missoula, MT
Yes, they were on the Earache label. The album was produced with the cooperation of GW when they were trying to dip their toe in the music biz. The album art and liner notes were all late '80s GW artwork and the tour was promoted in White Dwarf. There were even pictures in WD of Bolt Thrower and Lawnmower Deth (another Earache band) playing games in the studio. The relationship only lasted a couple of years, later reprints had all the GW artwork stripped out but the songs were unchanged. It was shortly after this that we got Warhammer Records and their (I think) singular album by the more conventional D-Rok

cronevald

Gang Champion
Jun 5, 2016
Missoula, MT
Continuing with the metal theme, wanted to start the new year off with something old. Here's one of Maiden's least remembered tracks (band lore has it they've never played it live and refuse to do so) but which has always been a fitting Necromunda track in my mind.

Scavvierising

Gang Champion
Honored Tribesman
Aug 3, 2016
London
Yes, they were on the Earache label. The album was produced with the cooperation of GW when they were trying to dip their toe in the music biz. The album art and liner notes were all late '80s GW artwork and the tour was promoted in White Dwarf. There were even pictures in WD of Bolt Thrower and Lawnmower Deth (another Earache band) playing games in the studio. The relationship only lasted a couple of years, later reprints had all the GW artwork stripped out but the songs were unchanged. It was shortly after this that we got Warhammer Records and their (I think) singular album by the more conventional D-Rok
Wraith had a album on Warhammer records as did Saxon I believe.
Fear Factory is my go to necro music simply for the overall themes and industrial sound.
I do find that melodic death metal can be good background music for most tasks in life

Reactions: cronevald

Blood Donor

Enforcer
Tribe Council
Aug 23, 2011
Cranbrook, British Columbia, Canada
Space Operas. Even coming up with potentially badass band names like Commander Jupiter and the Intergalactic Melodramas, tapping into the character naming perfection of Mystery Science Theatre 3000 skits is spacially operatic. As a Necromunda fan you even get to cite Paris Hilton's contribution to grim dark sub sewer punk in the form of a space opera with Repo! The Genetic Opera. The immediate exterior to the hives - amidst shanty town settlements and chemical refuse badlands - could easily be dotted with innumerable graves for ready to be looted for organ repossessions.

So then you get Space Rock Operas, and well anything that includes 2112 is a good category of music...

I came across IRIS this evening and it is a damn good space laser light show of a rock opera, so thought I would share here... and then double post it in the Inspirational Viewing thread in equal parts saturation and skirting around simply putting it in the Whats On Your Mind thread. Besides, its good listening and watching :giggle:

Last edited:
Reactions: Loriel