There's no school like oldschool - Halbling's Necromunda/Mordheim stuff

@trollmeat: I’ll will see what’s I can do when it’s time. :D

In the meantime I managed to paint the two missing members of the warband:

For the Maid’s base I tested the water effect from GS world again and I am pretty happy how it turned out, what do you think?

And last but not least the wizard, one of the talisman plastic models from the 90s. Tough to paint and I am happy that he is done.

And a picture of the whole warband:

Next step is to paint the evil witch and her frog as well as their possessions:

So that’s it for the moment, more to come next week. :) Don’t hesitate to leave a comment and share your opinion. :)

Hey guys a lot hat happened in the meantime, so it’s time to bring this project up to date.

I managed to paint the witch, a while warband of Witchhunters, a hired gun and started with the next warband!

Here are the pictures of the miniatures I mentioned above:

For the Nurglings I used Contrast Paints for the first time. It was a good experience but it will take some time to include them in my painting routine and save time doing so. :)

I promise to post in this thread more often to make it possible to follow the progress of the current warband - Carnival of Chaos aka Rotten Circus- more closely.

I’m looking forward to your c&c and hope to come up with some new stuff soon. :)

Thank you both for your kind words! :)

There are no conversions among them, all miniatures are from rotten factory, a miniature company located in Poland.

My plan is to have the warband finished by end of 2019. For the start of next year I identified three possible warbands and want to ask you which one you would like to see first.

1. Undeadwarband with a vampire and kitbashed Zombies representing soldiers from stirland. Maybe with a black coach.

2. Beastmen warband built from 6. Edition Box set led by an undivided Chaos champion from GD 2002 and with a chaosspawn.

3.A hunting party consisting of a beast hunter and some fellows hunting a couple of skinwolves.

Let me know what you think! :)

Reactions: Vertico and Stubram
Wow, I wish I had remembered about Rotten Factory when I was making my Mordheim cult of the possessed! Thanls for jogging the memory, also dude your painting is such an inspiration, love your aesthetic (y)

Reactions: Halbling
Thank so much guys!

I managed to start the new decade with a bang and painted and build some models.

First painted miniature 2020 is the Chaos Ogre from Rotten Factory. He was hard to paint as I never painted such a big model in more than 20 years.

Now what’s left is the Circus Chart. I have a little trouble to fix the Chart so I can start painting and would appreciate any recommendations. :)

Next in line are the skinwolves for the Hunting Party. I will need a little bit of liquid Green stuff before they are ready to be painted.

And last but not least a little special project- a dwarf from the Lord of Legends set. I thought he would need a decent mount and therefore tried my best to build a magic carpet for him. :D

Thanks for reading, I am looking forward to c&c and I hope you enjoyed the update.

Thanks mate! I made it using a rolling pin from greenstuffworld. They have a lot of awesome stuff. I used the rolling pin with Aztec patterns and the big pattern was in just the right size. The dwarf is a bit heavy but I hope I can put him on the carpet.

An successful evening is coming to an end, because managed to paint the chart driver and the draught animal. :)

Best regards! :)

Thank you very much Howie!

I dropped the circus chart during priming and needed to repair it, but today I managed to start painting. :)

In the meantime some new miniatures arrived. I bought from Westfalia Miniatures a set of RPG heroes designed for the game The Dark Eye during their Christmas sale.
I am a big fan of the design, and attached some photos.

First one is a picture of the whole group.

I got a barkeeper miniature and several drinking ones which means I might have to look for a suitable terrain set for those guys. :)

The other miniatures are quite useful as well, a few fighters and two wizards are always welcome.

Overall I’m very happy with the purchase.

To get a feeling how the miniatures fit in the Mordheim/GW Range I took two pictures. The miniatures work really well with the 80s townspeople and are a bit smaller than the 00s range. All in all they fit well in my opinion, what do you think? :)

Love the whole circus idea! There are a lot of possibilities for characters of all sorts. :giggle: Can't wait for the paint, love your work.
One minor thing, though. A chart is a sheet of information, like a table or graph. A cart is an open wagon. What you've got I think would be a coach... Sorry, minor thing but it was nagging me. Carry on! (y)

Last edited:
Reactions: Halbling
Love the whole circus idea! There are a lot of possibilities for characters of all sorts. :giggle: Can't wait for the paint, love your work.
One minor thing, though. A chart is a sheet of information, like a table or graph. A cart is an open wagon. What you've got I think would be a coach... Sorry, minor thing but it was nagging me. Carry on! (y)

Thank you, I hope to finish it during the weekend.

Rotten Factory and now Westfalia are my first bigger purchases outside the GW range. As GW stopped doing miniatures like this I am impressed what minor companies are releasing today to fill this gap.

And thank you for the explanation of the coach, I am trying to improve my English and this helps a lot. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: MedMos
Hey guys I finally made it and finished the Circus Wagon. It is the biggest model I painted in my painting-life so far and it was good fun. :)

And a picture of the complete Rotten Circus/Carnival of Chaos. It’s a promising start in 2020 and I hope there are a few more warbands to come this year. :)

Using Contrast Paints for the first time painting the Circus I can say that they’re able to speed the painting process up considerably.
On the downside I am unsure how useful they are while painting modes that aim for a “cleaner” look. But I guess we’ll find that out in the future. :)

Best regards