N18 Thermic Vent S-109 - Vertical Board and Bulkhead Terrain

Kiblams

Gang Champion
Honored Tribesman
Sep 1, 2012
Derby, UK
Just providing the friendly Yak Support service @Kiblams all ok? Both the YouTube channel and this thread have gone dark?

Apologies in advance to others who think this is an update.
Thanks for your concern, it was the 3rd anniversary of us losing our daughter in January, and it's hit me a little harder than I expected. Lots of anxiety and depression but I seem to be coming out of it slowly.

Thanks again for your concern!

spafe

Executive Officer in charge of Hats
Staff member
Necromunda Custodian
Yak Comp 2nd Place
Tribe Council
Feb 8, 2013
Tilehurst, U.k.
I’ll show you my (board) if you show me yours
HAHA, oh god there's so much innuendo here it's unreal, esp as I can imagine you saying it with that cheeky smile clockwork...

@Kiblams , glad to hear from you dude (feels really bad to 'like' the message, but figured you'd get the sentiment at least).

Kiblams

Gang Champion
Honored Tribesman
Sep 1, 2012
Derby, UK
Let me start by saying how touched I was by the kind wishes from you all!

Now... I have returned to my one true love (in gaming); Necromunda and the vertical board looked like it needed a lot of attention after being up on my shelf for a year or so!

I started by painting the pipework in bronze to make it stand out more , thought his only served to make the walls look even flatter than they already did!

I realised that I hadn't actually hit the walls with a wash at all so I set about making a wash to add some much needed shading in the recesses. The first attempt had barely any pigment in it and made no difference so I tried again with much more in the wash. the result is the photo below;

Safe to say I was pretty happy.

I then turned my attention to adding the yellow to the hazard stripes for all of the railings which I hadn't fully finished, and hit them with the same wash. This is how it looks now:

The obvious next step is to weather up those stark red ladders, and I'm hoping to do that soon :)

Thanks for looking, all C&C very welcome!

spafe

Executive Officer in charge of Hats
Staff member
Necromunda Custodian
Yak Comp 2nd Place
Tribe Council
Feb 8, 2013
Tilehurst, U.k.
welcome back dude! and what a reentry! stunning board

Reactions: Kiblams

Blood Donor

Executive Officer in Charge of the 2014 Bake Sale
Staff member
Necromunda Custodian
Aug 23, 2011
Golden, British Columbia, Canada
This is equal parts placeholder so I remember to look back through to find it, but very interested to know what your ladders are made of. Im struggling to find a bulk and cheap solution, and none of my construction jobsite straps seem to work.

Love the red and the contrast with how the wall sections work. Display piece alone this is so cool, let alone getting it involved on a table. Nice stuff :cool:

Reactions: Kiblams

=][=SW1=][=

Gang Hero
Honored Tribesman
Oct 7, 2017
Manchester UK
Just back from hiatus myself. Was wondering how the board was going and o'boy it's looking very fine. Think you get the grand re-entry award sticker!!! ;)

Keep up the good work and if your ever in need of a vent/chat just PM.

Kiblams

Gang Champion
Honored Tribesman
Sep 1, 2012
Derby, UK
What an awesome welcome back guys! Thanks to you all!

I have in the last year made a set of ZM walls that I am considering adding walkways to the top of, this is for when we play a 'normal' none vertical game. Used them along with the towers I started working on for a game last night, and had a great day.

So... I have a question for you all; should I share progress of the ZM and towers in this thread or create a new one?

Cheers again!