N18 Thermic Vent S-109 - Vertical Board and Bulkhead Terrain

Aulenback

Gang Hero
Yak Comp 3rd Place
Mar 29, 2016
Halifax, NS, Canada
"Flatpack" [or as close as] was always the glory of the original boxed sets. Made them eminently portable to take to different living rooms to set up for a game. Of course, the down-side is that I have yet to find which not-yet-unpacked box stored in the basement since our house-purchase-and-move contains my original card-and-bulkhead set, because it was eminently portable, which means that box is in a box [which may be in a box] yet. Heh!

Yours looks lovely. May need to ... find some sort of "not a knockoff from Thingiverse at all" bulkheads .. ahem ... and rebuild a set likewise.

Reactions: Kiblams

Kiblams

Gang Champion
Honored Tribesman
Sep 1, 2012
Derby, UK
I've had a busy few weeks, so there's going to be a fair few photos in this one guys.

Let's start off with a platform I have made that sits on top of my old ZM walls (Which will need a repaint to fit in with this now). I figured this will give a nice low level platform that can be used for some cool features and as the base of large towers to give them a bit more stability. As such I put some tabs in the centre so that bulkheads (and my other 'tower toppers' such as the crane) can be securely attached.

Kiblams

Gang Champion
Honored Tribesman
Sep 1, 2012
Derby, UK
On the Facebook Terrain makers group there is currently a challenge to make a drinking hole, and so I decided that now the main structure of my underhive is sorted; it would be a great opportunity to add some character. And so I give to you; the Emperor's Glory Drinking Hole!

I started off seeing if I could make some interesting furniture for the bar, as I figured that would be a pretty big part of it as I wanted to go for a ramshackle 'open air' type of structure that could be moved onto my other platforms if I wanted.

I wanted the walls to look very ramshackle as I knew I wouldn't be able to join them well at the corners and again I wanted to be able to move them around the hive as I felt like it. the two armoured looking ones was a reaction to the ramshackle look that I was unsure about... until I saw the non ramshackle walls that is...

I figure that the mix of walls adds to it overall and means that can be used for different things as I make more characterful additions to my underhive.

Same deal for the main entrance to the structure, this could be used to be the entrance to many different features simply by using different furniture inside it. so the plate has a magnet behind it and any signage I make will have a magnetic strip on the back so it can mount and swapped out easily.

The sign speaks for itself I think. In my head it has been altered to be more palatable to the Cawdor running the place...

This is the bar for the joint, I am really happy with the bottles which I found on amazon from company called Micro Art and seems to be out of Ukraine. The barrels are from our very own Mr Fox Box and I think they work great. The gun above the bar is a nod to a great film!

Finally this is the lot (minus the last 3 walls that I need to make yet). I need to paint the lot yet which I'm not looking forward to; but I am happy with the overall look.

Any feedback is gladly welcome, and thanks for looking! :D

Aulenback

Gang Hero
Yak Comp 3rd Place
Mar 29, 2016
Halifax, NS, Canada
Lots of welding burn around the edges of the signage once it is painted up?

The setup is fitting the space well. Enough room for activity within the space, but not just an empty square. A bridge-level entry [there on the right in the image?] would be a good spot just outside the door for a weapon check.

No, no, not to TAKE weapons from entering gangers. To make sure they are in compliance with the Imperial "suicide laws" requiring all entrants to be wearing an appropriate sidearm when in such an establishment. Don't want the Arbites Enforcers coming down on you for running an under-armed drinking hole.

Did you buy or print the bottles?

Reactions: Stoof and Kiblams

Kiblams

Gang Champion
Honored Tribesman
Sep 1, 2012
Derby, UK
Lots of welding burn around the edges of the signage once it is painted up?

The setup is fitting the space well. Enough room for activity within the space, but not just an empty square. A bridge-level entry [there on the right in the image?] would be a good spot just outside the door for a weapon check.

No, no, not to TAKE weapons from entering gangers. To make sure they are in compliance with the Imperial "suicide laws" requiring all entrants to be wearing an appropriate sidearm when in such an establishment. Don't want the Arbites Enforcers coming down on you for running an under-armed drinking hole.

Did you buy or print the bottles?

Must admit I have been struggling to think to paint the sign.

I bought the bottles: