Thorgor's ever-growing pile of unfinished business

Punktaku

Un-Dis-Honored
Honored Tribesman
Apr 4, 2017
Connecticut, USA
if she’s gonna be a body-builder type Escher, you really won’t need to do much for boobies.

or you can go all Dragonaut: The Resonence and make them ridiculously huge

Thorgor

Of The YAQ
Oct 12, 2015
Sevres 92130 France
I'll try to keep away from gag boobs territory. She is supposed to be based on Saddle Rager after all (think "female Hulk" except with none of the sexy dimorphism of She-Hulk) so yeah, body-builder type.
She won't exactly be a pettanko, but I'm thinking ogre!Fiona level of boobage:
Fiona-Wallpapers-Shrek-2-12.jpg

Stoof

Yakmarines 2nd Co. Word Priest
Yak Comp 2nd Place
Tribe Council
Jun 1, 2016
Ellon, United Kingdom
I believe the females are traditionally called "Ohgodhelpme"s. My gender reassignment Ogryn was more on the cartoony end to suit both the base model old style Ogryn and my brightly coloured Escher gang. I don't think the boobs were much out of proportion for her build.

Link in my signature (mostly been photobucketed but the final pics are there).

Thorgor

Of The YAQ
Oct 12, 2015
Sevres 92130 France
Yes, I remember seeing Moira when I was lurking around. I'm so stealing that hairstyle!

I spent hours last night googling for sci-fi/post-apo swords for inspiration and it finally struck me this morning. The Damascus Blade, of course! Strong female character, cyberpunk setting and one of my favorite manga of all time... how come Gally's most iconic weapon didn't immediately come to mind !?
5146QQV7EAL.jpg
c0bc96ab7e8e4dc2931c10a7cac03bd0.jpg

(Oh yeah, the manga is named Gunnm and the protagonist is Gally. I don't care how you guys name them! :D)

Last edited:
Reactions: ThreeDice and Stoof

ThreeDice

Gang Hero
May 27, 2014
This should be great, looking forward to seeing how you handle it. Also, never heard of the manga, so will be sniffing it out. Thanks!

Thorgor

Of The YAQ
Oct 12, 2015
Sevres 92130 France
I really hope I'll be able to handle it!
The manga is better known as Battle Angel Alita in the english-speaking world and is currently in the process of being butchered by Hollywood turned into a movie by Cameron and Rodriguez (trailer here, it's honestly still a bit too soon to judge how good it will be, but it looks relatively faithful, if a bit too bright and clean.)

Reactions: ThreeDice

Punktaku

Un-Dis-Honored
Honored Tribesman
Apr 4, 2017
Connecticut, USA
i am so totally excited for that movie, @Thorgor. I saw the trailer in theater and my kids learned some new cuss words. i heard it was on the back burner until Cameron finished his next 4 Avatar movies.

Thorgor

Of The YAQ
Oct 12, 2015
Sevres 92130 France
It's supposed to be released next Christmas. Hope it will act as a real present for the fans! I'd really like it to be good enough to get a sequel: the Motorball and Tuned arcs are where most of the fun is!

Meanwhile, Thorgor is oh so slowly working on an Escher ogryn:
As a reminder, she used to look like this:
I think the sword turned out alright (it should look better once painted, without all the text (I cut it into an old access badge))
Not so proud of the GS work (I still need to get used to the stuff) but it will have to do.

Last edited:

Thorgor

Of The YAQ
Oct 12, 2015
Sevres 92130 France
Wow, has it been more than a year already? It explains the dust... and the giant spiders...

Anyway, I've managed to get something done in 2019 (under the wire): a (mostly) fully magnetized Bonesplitterz warband for Warcry (yeah, when he realized one could build almost every option out of a single box, my inner cheapskate couldn't resist)

Here iz da boss:
He is the only one I bothered making a magnetized quiver for (fortunately, there are almost enough arrow-carrying hands for the regular arrowboyz)

Then the boyz, who have all been magnetized at both wrists and can be assembled as either
  • 10 Stikkaboyz (850 pts)

• 9 Chompaboyz (810 pts)

• 9 Arrowboyz (810 pts)

• 7 Morboyz (770 pts)
(it's the absolute maximum of each type you can field in a 1000 pts warband alongside the cheapest (125 pts) boss)

Finally, I also built a pair of Big Stikkas and a pair of Bone Totem boyz (as many as possible out-of-the-box):
I made some slight modifications to one of each pair to avoid them being carbon copies of each other, but nothing major.

I'm left with three bodies that I may try to convert as additional Totem boyz (you can have up to 7, and they are one of the best available unit rulewise, so I'd like at least a third one) and/or the Savage Big Boss ally who has been added in Monsters and Mercenaries. That would require some sculpting though.

I also need to do some minor GS work to repair some wrists and add straps to the 3 shields that were not attached to a hand, and maybe also some fur and stuff.
And then, of course, paint everything (one day...)

I think it's one of the easiest kits to magnetize as Orruks have big wrists and hands (I used 2*1mm magnets), which was another motivation for choosing this warband. Still, it was quite time consuming (almost 80 holes to drill and magnets to glue) and I made a few mistakes (at least 1 wrist is misaligned, and I had to chop off and replace 1 arm and its magnet due to a polarity error) but all-in-all I'm satisfied with the result.

As a side-note, I discovered that the Citadel mouldline remover makes for a nice weapon rack:
I'll try to find something else to replace it though, as I kinda use it like, all the time :p

Last edited:

Thorgor

Of The YAQ
Oct 12, 2015
Sevres 92130 France
Thanks!
But all dats finkin 'n planin iz no gud for da 'ead. Less try some kraftin zen:

Found myself a 1 m long flat iron bar for 2€ at the local DIY store. Hardest part was to saw it into more manageable 25 mm sections.
I can now remove mouldlines again!

Edit: and another pic with the complete thing:

Last edited: