Drag to reposition cover

Thunderdome

Draconic

Gang Hero
Honored Tribesman
Nov 2, 2017
Osborne Park WA 6017, Australia
Soundtrack to scene:

A shadowy figure trekking through the night returns to the ferrocrete walls of Hive Primus. Surviving another waste expedition, she sets down her rucksack and pulls aside some camo netting revealing an air ventilation shaft entrance that she huddles into.

“How’s it hanging McCoy”. Stopping to pay respects to a slumped rotting skeleton wearing an Akubra, the loud din of the ventilation fan drowning out her words. “Crack” The control panel cover to the fan gives way to her micro beam cutter. “My Schola may have been arrogant but he was at least judicious, he did teach me a thing or two about electronics”. Activating her head lamp, she pulls some alligator clips from her wrist com bypassing the power circuit momentarily to cause a hard reset. The fan slows for just enough time allowing her to step through. “The impenetrable Thunderdome hey? later McCoy, you stay frosty”

Arriving at her destination, she pulls back her poncho hood and sits her dirt smeared goggles up on her forehead. Giegers Bazaar.

4Y5L2no.gif

His storm shutter slowly closing for the night only to be stopped in its track by her grimly disfigured hand.

“Hold up Gieger.. One last customer for the night”.

Geiger knows the voice. Although she’s proven herself as an underhive sympathiser and earned his trust he still can’t help but react with nervous caution at each of their interactions. It’s no secret in these parts that under that poncho lies the craftsmanship of a fully unrestricted Jakara suit made by the renowned Einsmith himself. Even the emperor wouldn’t know why she turned tail and chose the life of a commoner.

“Don’t worry its worth your time”, she pulls up her rucksack and opens it out onto the table. Amongst some foraged valuables she picks up a small watch like device and activates it producing a copy of herself as a holo projection.

“Pretty neat hey?”

“Well shit! You certainly are the best Archeo hunter I know” “What you want for the lot? 150 Creds?”

“C’mon Gieger, don’t try lowball me, I’m not after creds, what you got back there”.

She invites herself past his counter and peers around the back of his shop. Amongst the various racks of guns and other odds and sodds she notices a large humanoid figure half covered, seated in a dimly lit corner of the room.

She pulls back the dusty tarp to reveal an armoured machine rusting away, lifeless but still menacing.

“I thought all of the ABC warriors were destroyed after the Volgan war?” She quips whilst inspecting the dormant robot.

“Well you can still collect em, as long as they are non-functioning.. like my wife”. Gieger sneers, chewing on the short stub of a cigar

“Why? you want it? It will make a fine doorstop” he jeers

“Consider it a done deal” she replies.

Gieger grasps his hands together happily, “right well he’s too heavy to move tonight but I’m sure we can load him up for you tomorrow, got a truck or a something?”

Ignoring him she accesses the colossus’s CPU and bypasses the intended out of commission failsafe. she grimaces upon finding an empty space in its power source compartment. With a brief contemplated pause, she pulls the power cell from her mirror shield powering it down and jury-rigs the mighty machine to accept it.

“No need” she cockily retorts

The Cpu boots and Its hydraulics kick into action as it creaks and moans awakening with a deep bellow.

“Status…”

She leans in…”Bodygaurd”

“Commander…”

“Ash”.. she replies

“Mission…”

“Mission?” she grins, “we’re going to war”

It lifts itself to attention “Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrr..”

Behind them a look of sheer frozen astonishment plastered on Giegers face. The cigar stub falls from his gaping mouth…

• Love
Reactions: MedMos

Draconic

Gang Hero
Honored Tribesman
Nov 2, 2017
So we decided to have a small casual 4 player multiplayer last man standing with 600 points to spend in between campaign games. Redemption and Van Saar were out for blood and ganged up on the Slaves to take them out first then moved onto the Golden Key Bar to evict the Delaque! A lone Van Saar was the last man standing after a battle with a Delaque sharpshooter on the rooftop! @hottyhothot @Spiraling Cadaver

kfoBryg.jpg

5HeWeYR.jpg

BpOg6FI.jpg

ibjngDj.jpg

L0Z48f4.jpg

3sEFEVq.jpg

Y9mRcoX.jpg

jsgdl0R.jpg

1aLiW2D.jpg

Much fun had by all.

Last edited:

Draconic

Gang Hero
Honored Tribesman
Nov 2, 2017
Write up from a recent shootout Delaque vs the Scavvy from the Scavvy player @adam C POV

Walking through the back alleys four scavies make their way to the designated place to make the trade with the pit slaves for captured Vission. This was a new concept for the scavies. You fight or you die … or if you are too weak you end up in the stew. No one ever gets captured let alone ransomed.
Voodo hung back he was used to being isolated. Even among scavies he was considered weird and it didn’t help that he had a baby sized demonic creature coming out of his chest.
Certain Voodo was out of ear shot Vexx leans in to Shork and Suckers speaking in a hushed voice “We’ze Ent wanted ‘ere and Dis voodoo guy creepz me out… why da hellz did we’ez bring ‘em”
Shork replies “Boss sayz we’ze gotta bring ‘em…. We do wot boss sayz … or we endz up in da stew.”
Suckers pipes up pointing to his head “I ‘earz Ee’z a wyrdo can seez de future, walkz trew wallz and readz ya mind
Vexx getting slightly annoyed “Yaaa …. But haz anyonze seen em do dat stuff
As if almost in their mind voodoos whispery voice answers “I ....can... hear... you… from the shadows. The wrap pulls me …. calls me to me… granting me powers as I require”
As all three turn to voodoo surprised that he heard them he cracks an evil smile and continues “Your lack of faith displeases me Vexx … perhaps a prophecy for you” before Vex can object Voodoos eye roll up inside his head the demonic growth starts convulsing …. With a manic smile he cries out “Rejoice !! Todays the day of your rebirth …. All who look upon you shall recoil in terror”
Stunned Vex stammers “Reberth …. Watsz dat mean?? ……

As if to answer the question four figures appear up ahead blocking the path…. The steel dragon yakuza gang !
Slowly both gangs approached nerves high neither willing to back down.
Voodoo starts muttering under his breath... The robe parts and the demonic growth on his stomach releases a mighty high pitch banshee howl
The scavies loose their nerve and go for their rusty blunderbusses however the heavy unwieldy weapons prove a hindrance. Shork almost manages to level a shot off with his stub gun at the enemy but ducks for cover as a hail of bullets shower him … Suckers is soon to follow without getting off a single shot. The blinding flash of the plasma gun goes off. Vexx eyes go wide....head jars to the side as he receives a plasma shot directed at his face. The smell of searing flesh and gunpowder fills the air. Voodoo calmly raises his blunderbass takes a shot and then hits it repeatedly as it fails to reload.
He shrugs holsters the weapon “Well …. I think its time to leave
As if on cue the creature on his chest releases another banshee howl. As everyone covers their ears the scavies retreat into the night... dragging Vex by the arms his head hunched low.
Once a safe distance is reached they drop Vex and roll him over to inspect the damage. All recoil in fear at the sight of Vex’s charred face still smouldering from the plasma burn, all except Voodoo who has an evil knowing smile.

And from the Delaque POV by @Mortificius

It was a miserable, cold day in the settlement surrounding the Golden Key, grey clouds hung solemnly overhead and an ash filled drizzle fell on the heads of all who dared step out from their habs. Shogun Takeda sat in the Golden Key, reviewing the days whispers. ”those scavvies have arranged a trade for their captured brother...and their drop is to happen not far from us, or so it seems...” he paused, took a long sip of the freshly filtered water in front of him before continuing.
”fetch me Nobuhiko and the new recruit Plissken. It's time for an initiation.” ”yes, Shogun!” came the answer from Ghost Nobunaga, the Yakuza’s first lieutenant.
########################
It was not long before the two juves stood before their leader, flanked by Ghost and the other heavy, Dragon Inejiro.
”it is time you proved yourselves to me. Those Scavvies will be close to our home territory today. I want you to show them they cannot just waltz in uninvited! Am I clear?” the anger in Shoguns voice was clear. ”yes, shogun!” came the response from all four gang members stood before him.
They bowed silently and respectfully before turning and heading out into the rainy, cold streets.... To Be continued...

Last edited:
Nov 14, 2017
Perth
Redemptionist – Game 8 vs Scavvies

“Pssstt…. Hey, do you wanna make some creds?” A dark figure whispers to Nik Ovtime as he passes an alley on his way to their temporary church. Nik Ovtime stops and turns, “Tell me more brother…”. The figure explains.

The doors open wide and Nik Ovtime rushes into the church, shouting with glee, “Father father! I have intel of the Scavvie scum... they just got jumped by the Delaque and are at their most venerable!”, “Good job my brother, you, Calum Maree, Dinah Mite, my best shooters, come with me now” commands Chester Minit. The four Redemptionists quickly get ready and head out.

The information is correct, three Scavvies are skulking along with an abandoned road bickering between themselves, unaware of what’s about to happen. A dragon sculpture looms over the road casting dark shadows for the brothers to hide in. “Hey, Scavvie vermin! prepare to be purged” Yells Nik Ovtime. “Any sudden moves, and we’ll shoot!”. The Scavvie stop and are stunned. It’s a standoff as both gangs line the road, not a movement is made.

Slowly they Scavvie try to reach for their weapons. Suddenly Nik Ovtime can’t hold his nerve and goes to draw. Luckily Chester Minit initiative is high and quickly shoots the closest Scavvie, with his krak grenade launcher. The grenade bounces off the Scavvie and pins him. Nik Ovtime manages to then quickly pin a Scallie, while Calum and Dinah miss the last winged Scavvie.

The fight is quickly over as the pinned Scavvie cannot get back up. The Redemptionists’ excellent shooting holds them to the ground and they quickly run away. The shootout is over before it even started.

“Well Nik Ovtime, praises and Warmth to the one that gave you the information”. “And thank you too!” Says the same dark figure as he walks out from under the dragon sculpture. “Here’s the creds too for the work well done! Nik”. The dark figure hands over the creds and walks off. Nik Ovtime observes hints of purple clothing under his robe. “Father I think that was a Delaque...?”, the brothers stare as the figure disappears.

Reactions: MedMos and Draconic

Draconic

Gang Hero
Honored Tribesman
Nov 2, 2017
The final 1v1 game of the season before the season finale was by far the most intense game we have seen. A 8.5hr long gang fight.. 4 dead zombies and 17 rolls on the serious injury chart... INSANE! It was the Van saar defending a slag territory in a corner of the map as the Scavvy horde approached.

Written by @adam C

A final gun shot rings… the sounds of the chaotic and brutal battle diminish. Only the smell of smoke, burnt flesh and moans of the injured remain. The Scavies all sweating, exhausted, some charred others bloodied ….the thrill of the fight slowly fading away. The van saar had dug in like ticks and continued fighting long after more than half the gang was out of action.

Krag surveys the carnage around him and realizes that this was his greatest achievement…. the best fight he has ever been in, the hardest his gang has ever fought … the thrill rises again and he grabs servo skull flying around him looks into the camera “You’ze wanted a fight….. YER GOT A FRAGGIN FIGHT!”
Screams of satisfaction and bloodlust satisfied rise up from the rest of the gang.

As the Scavies survey the damage Doombolt (scaly) notices a barely conscious van saar survivor Zero and easily picks him up with one hand. Vision grins with delight at the find “We’ze got dinna tonight boyz!” More roars and laughter erupt from the gang. Although unconscious voodoos grotesque demonic growth on his chest is awake, yelling and pointing at a semi demolished building.
In a piercing high pitched gleeful voice he screams “One more…one more …. Over there … over there….I can see you!!!”

A single Van Saar remains.
Zorn slowly comes out from hiding carefully holstering his hunting rifle and casually walks directly to Krag. All eyes are on him now…. He stops at a respectful distance and comments “You guys just don’t stop coming” No mocking, malice or hate in those words. Krag slowly nods … while his eyestalks are rapidly darting around looking for deception or danger … he responds

“You’ze dunt seem to know when yer beat” Zorn chuckles “leader says fight to the last man …. Well here I am … the last…. Sooo anyway …. word of advice you probably don’t want to eat him…. Van Sarr would taste terrible” Krag shrugs matter of factly

“We’ze ‘ad worse”.. Zorn continues “I’m sure you have …. But hey I can take him off your hands for… let’s say… 30 credits and you can buy your gang a decent meal”
Krag walks up and takes the money offered “Ya can ‘ave him …. But Ee’z not mine to give” he says with an evil smile. “Feelz free to try” pointing in the direction of Doombolt still carrying Zero. Zorn looks in the direction of the Scaly and can see why normally at the sight of these hulking monstrosities people flee in terror.

He approaches not knowing if he will be crushed torn apart or if this beast could even understand him. He knew one thing, if he showed the slightest bit of fear he was dead. Removing his gas mask he takes a wheezy breath in before looking Doombolt right in the eye.
Measuring his next words carefully.

“We sacrifice our bodies to create the most powerful weapon tech possible …. And you … you got up after a melta gun at short range …. Incredible … absolutely incredible” Doombolt normally hunched rises a bit taller puffs out his chest pounds it with a clenched fist, Grunts and drops his captive like a sack of potatoes.
Stunned silence follows as Zorn gathers up his comrade Zero and disappears into the hive. Krag shrugs ….well that was unexpected “Well boyz dis an’t time for lollygagging …. Itz time for looting”

jOX8obg.jpg

Jv0OqpG.jpg

They're down there!
bz18CsE.jpg

Get Em Boyz!
lrd5HDx.jpg

EjQh4pE.jpg

2i0TTH4.jpg

VFMIRZI.jpg

g4VzJUA.jpg

70LEsMf.jpg

Later at the Bazaar..

Gieger: Cripes Krag!! That Voodoo character sounds pretty shady.. look i know you ain't too good at maintaining those weapons i keep selling ya.. i tell ya what i have got this (you get 1 extra roll on the rare trade @adam C) maybe that will help you guys out... after all i do like watching your episodes the most

Last edited:

Draconic

Gang Hero
Honored Tribesman
Nov 2, 2017
Also figured a neat little reward system for when the players have been able to or inspired enough to do a write up. I figured my NPC could reward the players for a good story.

wBRWDfz.jpg

Gieger likes a good yarn and a good story.. from now on id love to reward your awesome battle reports/letters home/bar fights/gambling shakedowns etc etc with a kickback at the local trading post.. it may be the odd rounded down discount, or even another peek at whats he's got back in the stuffer shack. You know the good stuff thats not front of house

Draconic

Gang Hero
Honored Tribesman
Nov 2, 2017
And as it was the end of the first full season of games i started to release some story elements from my legwork that they had been working on between games.

GM Broadcast Special events.

Van Saar : Zorn (the Inventor and sole untouched from the great horde invasion of the Pearl farm Slag heaps) lays the damaged servo skull onto the table and decides to pull it apart. this time he figures it out and not only gets to see where the skull has been, where it comes from, but he manages to disconnect it from their server. @Spiraling Cadaver you now have a weaponised servo skull in addition to your camera skull. It will require you to weaponise it with a pistol that will be at your cost and choice. Rules Pinned in rules thread.

EXTRA: you spend some time studying the feeds and find yourself able to spy on the game makers, you can see where the servo skulls exit the dome and where they land for repairs. Inside that same room the gamemasters sit and thats where they puppetmaster your fights. It would be a shame not to send up a surprise when the time is ripe. SPECIAL: If you get your hand on some krak or melta grenades before the end of the campaign you can make sure your exit is with a substantial bang

////////

Scavvy: @adam C Voodoos crazy mutant powers have been growing. His dreams of the sump have been becoming more vivid and powerful. Krag sends vision down to the sump one last time and what he sees is jawdropping.. Whilst down there though he's not alone and begins to realise their are even fouler creatures than his brood. He will come back with the intel regardless... but he sees something shiny but its not without risk.. does he go for the shiny precious? if so roll a d6 and tell me the score buuuuuuut .. its an auto roll on the serious injury chart with death, full recovery and capture as rerolls..

EXTRA: Vision cant stop the urge.. he scuttles out from his hiding spot to scoop up the shiny trinket... but it seems lodged hard in the mud.. soon he realises he's woken a monster asleep in the mud thats tightly latched onto the trinket.. The monster lashes out piercing Visions left eye (blind in one eye result) but Vision grabs the trinket and gets free.. Behind him the cavern opening up to what looks like a gargantuan walled structure that looks thousands of years old, a technology far superior and long forgotten.. what is it?? it spans as far as the eye can see and is def something this poor little mutant cant begin to fathom. The Trinket is (roll of 1) a Bio Scanner (worth 50+3d6 creds normally)

/////////

Delaque: @Mortificius A local spy has come to you with some more intel. In your Map room you sit and connect the dots to whats happening. When you report back to Helmwar he is most pleased!! roll a d6 and tell me the score, it seems he has a most welcomed prize for your efforts.

EXTRA: His representative opens a finely crafted wooden display box. You eyes light up as you you seen the finest crafted (insert your choice of one in a million pistol) you have ever seen. Your spy tells you that recent hive quakes have been from a genestealer mining colony thats been blasting below hive Primus in search for some archeotetch of great power and danger to hive Primus. Apparently their blasting has awoken an ancient sentient Man of Iron who lay in slumber from millenia ago. He also tells you (that you keep to yourself from Lord Helmwar) that Lord Kray stole from him an ancient transponder key that apparently has something to do with the buried Archeotech.(edited)

/////////

Redemption: @hottyhothot Desperate, starving and broken Gunther falls to his knees cursing the greater faith only to be lifted by the Syber Jehzus himself. Salvation is here.

EXTRA: On his way back to the crusade he tells young Gunther of the history of the imperium of man.. and the story of the Holy Emperors children and what they had achieved. He speaks of a time when the Primarch Mighty Rogal Dorn set foot on Necromunda when it was but a planet ravaged by war during the dark age of technology and how he helped build upon the original structures of the Hives with his superior knowledge of fortification and defence. He just keeps talking to young Gunther a man full of knowledge, wisdom, and pious resolve.. "Oh.. out of time for today.. next session we'll continue were we left off young Gunther!"

Last edited:

Draconic

Gang Hero
Honored Tribesman
Nov 2, 2017
Soundtrack to Scene:

Klaxxon sirens resound throughout the Thunderome.
Settlement locals battening down the hatches as it appears the latest episode has caused a riot that’s slowly forming into a Block war in sector D.

Inside the safe confines of a heavily monitored room. Show host Pycons spins in his chair to face 3 of his underlings. “Ok hit me”

The first one chimes in, “Sir a block war is starting in sector D, I think one of the bookies couldn’t pay up and the locals have stringed him up in the settlement square. What shall we do”

“Serves him right!, excellent!.. their fanaticism is palpable!” “Well?!!!....” Pycon waves his free hand to the second assistant with exclamation on his face

The assistant nervously replies.. “Ratings are through the roof Pycon, we haven’t had numbers like this since last year’s second season finale, and tonight has almost doubled it!”

“Phenomenal!” He replies grinning, “these outlanders have been a huge hit, it seems the crowds really do love the underdogs”
“what happened afterward? Any deaths?”

“Well funnily enough no.., 17 serious injuries, 4 slain zombies but they all lived despite the brilliant footage the skulls received, although we do have to send out another replacement skull to the van saar again”

“Even better…more time for the crowd to become invested in their favourites...”
He looks down his nose at the third assistant whilst finishing his drink.. “You!... get me another drink…”

He spins back to face his monitor screens with a huge grin on his face..

“Its time to call 911”

Draconic

Gang Hero
Honored Tribesman
Nov 2, 2017
@Everyone (From your leaders POV)

Soundtrack to scene:

It seems that greasy looking bookie is back working the crowds in the dome center square. He’s tapped into the Thunderdome transmission again and is projecting it on the wall behind him. In the distance flames from a megablock hab structure light the skyline above. Aftermath from the block war, but it seems the shooting has at least stopped.

“Boss!!”
you turn to see (chosen gang member out of the 3 lowest xp values) running up to you.

“Boss, Rat Slater just told me some idiots tried to raid Giegers joint during the riot” “Word is they succeeded but either died or fled. They stashed the goods in one of the burned out habs up there… Now’s the time to get it before they come back for it..?!?”

Over fast contemplation you assess the risks, but the temptation of the creds is too good to pass up and this young upstart is keen to spearhead the smash and grab. “Ok, you can go, but take (2 chosen members) with you for back up. Anything looks fishy, come straight back ok!”

They run off into the darkness and you fix your attention back on the broadcast for Captain Dangerous's new workout commercial.

2Wvwdru.gif

l18E1Sf.gif

N5MzpE5.gif

rlMNO71.gif

ekxMIvJ.gif

After the commercial

The lights fade in on the Thunderdome set. Pycon is comfortably nestled on a couch looking downward. His head slowly tilts back with a huge grin as camera zooms in on him.
“Ladies and Gentleman. We have an important announcement. The First season finale is here and I hope you preordered tickets because it will most certainly be a sellout!”

“Also.. I’m delighted to tell you we have just had confirmation that, Kruger, Iron Monger, Sphinx, and The Bone Collector, will all be returning for next seasons hunt. Unfortunately, Ozymandias has hung up her suit and been rewarded the prestigious Blackstone Skull for her service and will most likely be living it up at this years after party. You will have to tune in next season to see who will be joining our legendary stalkers as her replacement!

The show music kicks back in and the bookie turns to his chalk board and scribes out a new column. Season 1 finale/Contestants….. 100/1.. The mob below him go nuts