Drag to reposition cover

Thunderdome

Nov 14, 2017
Perth
Redemptionist - Peach Trees Finale

As the transmission on the cracked monitor ends, a robot in the corner hums to life, it reaches over its head and pull off a dusty cover “Warrrrrrrrrrr” it growls and immediately heads for the door. Gunther and the gangers are perplexed.

Suddenly a commotion from below. Five Judges and a cyber-mastif start charging up the hab-block. The four enemy gangers turn to each other realising that below might be worse than killing each other and heed the blonde women’s advice. Gunther mutters, “f**k Pycon and this prison of a dome!”.

Gunther looks at the enemy gangers. Itching to use his hand flamer he loathingly sheathes the weapon and bellows to his brothers “Brothers, this whole thing was a trap! Pycon has set the Judges onto us. Prepare for their arrival! You know what to do”.

Coming out of his hiding place, Nik Ovtime peers around from behind the Atomic Café. A searchlight is focused on the hab-block with a large Judge silhouette next to it. Rover the warbot appears and a heavy stubber starts pummelling its heavy armour. Nik lifts his trusty boltgun, twists the telescopic scope to the optimal settings and peers down the sight. A deep breath in. ‘Click, bang!’ With one single shot the figure behind the light stops shooting. “Argghhhhhhhhh” he falls four storeys to the ground.

From below the cyber-mastif starts to close in. Vlad Tire swiftly sets up a krak grenade tripwire. He finishes the trap just in time. “Boom” the grenade goes off. The cyber-mastif is hit and is instantly blown apart. “Down, boy!” Vlad says. Seeing more judges behind and closing in fast he quickly runs to a nearby ladder and scales it. The smouldering wreck of bloodied flesh, cogs and metal continue to whirr.

Meanwhile, the other gangers start to escape. Caught on a catwalk, behind the warbot, they are blocked in. Four Judges appear in front of them, two from a corner and two from a hidden trapdoor. A Scavvie Scally charges the first Judge and starts to brawl. Neither manages to gain an upper hand, the Judge’s armour and shield protect him from the Scallies massive strength.

Frustrated and irritated, Gieger storms out of his armoured hab, looks over the balcony at the gangers and the warbot. “Get off my lawn!” he shouts and lobs a frag grenade at Rover. The grenade bounces off its metal head and explodes near Nik Ovtime. Just in the nick of time he dives behind a pallet and avoids the damage. Nik gets back up and takes aim at another Judge. ‘Click, bang!’ again with a single shot a Judge collapses.

Vlad yells to Gunther “Brother, I think Dredd is behind me, what do we do?”, “Well… we stand our ground of course!” Gunther announces, preparing his chainsword and stubgun. They both turn and prepare for his arrival.

An imposing man appears at the top of the ladder, it’s Judge Dredd. He points at a ganger “Judgement time.” he brandishes a Shock Maul at the Delaque ganger. The ganger charges Dredd, hitting him with multiples attacks. It barely touches him. Gunther and Vlad charge Dredd. Vlad holds his nerve, but Gunther stops in his tracks. Dredd parries the Delaque “This isn't a negotiation”, seeing an opening Vlad wounds Dredd.

The fight continues and Dredd easily deflects Vlads next attack, he quickly dispatches him. “Negotiations over...”. He steps forward and engages Gunther. “Attempted murder of a Judge, sentence: Death” He smashes the maul into Gunther’s golden chest. Gunther crumples to the ground, blood oozing from the massive wound.

The Delaque re-engages Dredd while a Van Saar starts shooting at them both with a heavy stubber. Dredd manoeuvres him into the firing line, using him as a shield. Two bullets hit home and then he drops the Delaque. "Defence Noted", Dredd raises his lawgiver at the Van Saar heavy. "Hot shot" he says, but before he can pull the trigger a second burst of bullets hit Dredd and he clutches at his wounds and falls to the ground.

Last edited:

Draconic

Gang Hero
Honored Tribesman
Nov 2, 2017
Osborne Park WA 6017, Australia

Draconic

Gang Hero
Honored Tribesman
Nov 2, 2017
Soundtrack to Scene:

Stunned silence sweeps the crowd..

4 opposing gang members surround a downed enforcer in a rare moment of brief angered unity. The live feed from his camera looking up at them suddenly cuts with a forceful rifle butt strike.

Pycon awaits the bailout from his cyberear com as a bead of sweat trickles down his face… It never comes..

“that’s all for tonight’s live show! We’ll see you all next season!”

Credits hastily roll in… Boo’s fill the stadium as the light die out and Pycon rushes off backstage in a huff..

“What the f**k!!! who let it roll?????” I’ll have their heads!”

“Ahhh Pycon..”

“WHAAAATTT” he whips around in hysterics.

“Matriarch Kray is on the line”

He sits and wipes his brow as he nervously picks up the module to keep the conversation private.. a glistening syhthenol on the rocks placed beside him as his underlings flee the room in silence.

“Valencia my darling!!”

………….

“Ah..”

………………..

“But”

………….

“Yes, we will immediately..”

Draconic

Gang Hero
Honored Tribesman
Nov 2, 2017
Soundtrack to scene:

Dancers flit across a stage to a choreographed set.
The Thunderdome opening for this years second season begins to drown in on large screens above.

"Sphinx....... Kruger........ Iron Monger....... Bone Collector....." "mention their names with pride..." The voice over continues...

Pycon sits in a chair facing a mirror backstage whilst one of his assistants applies his makeup.

Regal limousines pull up outside as the stalkers from noble houses, Kray, Osborne, Lannister and Catallus step out to greet a rowdy mob of fans.

Cameras flash as Tywin walks past the fans completely ignoring them. Nose up, arrogant as ever.
The Kray twins step out next, Reggie sporting cool shades gives the crowd his signature smile, Ron, wearing a sleeveless suit, flexes and knocks out a fan who gets a little too close for comfort.
Norman, with head down, follows close in their shadow. Trying his best to avoid the limelight.
Finally, a tall set of legs in an elegant dress touch down on the carpet as an athletic looking female with tight braided hair struts the entrance.

“Ok hit me darl”

“Well Pycon, ratings are still up. It seems the audience have enjoyed the fact the gangs managed to escape, but it may just be because we have brought the hunt forward in the show plan. It’s always been our biggest drawcard. Also, Lord Helmawr has pulled The Steel dragons. Apparently, he needs them on urgent business but he said House Delaque would still likely offer tribute to the season finale.”

“ehh that’s not too bad, as long as those charismatic mutants are still playing ball I think we can’t lose this season.” “any word on Lord Kray? Is he still missing??”

“No word yet but rumour is something serious happened. You would never be able to get anything out of Matriarch Kray though. That woman is pure glacier”

“As long as she’s still paying us, I couldn’t give a shit”

“What about the new Catallus Jakara?”

“well she’s less experienced than the others but her metrics are almost a perfect score, we have never had that before”

“Excellent.. I can sell that..”

The assistant goes to comb Pycons hair and he snaps to her locking eyes instantly.

“Don’t... touch the hair..”

The theme music comes to its final build up and he struts to the stage to greet the pumping crowd with a refreshed sense of narcissism.

Draconic

Gang Hero
Honored Tribesman
Nov 2, 2017
The Crossroad

After reading these 3 entries your gang leader must make a decision. You can choose a path and keep your decision a secret from the other gangs (you have to tell the Arbitrator though) or you can decide to reach out to the other contestant gang leaders through role play in the “In char” thread (I doesn’t matter how you approach this) Whether you decide to taunt them, team up with them, have a temporary truce. It’s up to you.

Option 1.

Soundtrack to scene:

“Boss, come quick, it’s that woman, she’s hacked into our com somehow”

You gather your gang around the communications module in your gang headquarters. It seems the woman has reached out to you finally.

Gangers of House (your house)… I hear you escaped the hab block and I thank you for keeping Rover in one piece. The time has come where the Underhive needs you.. I owe you an explanation, and here it is.

My name is Ash Draco, formerly a member of House Draco and Thunderdome stalker. Two cycles ago I decided to leave this life, and have been branded Excommunicate traitoris

from my house as a result. I have been living here in the underhive and wastes ever since and I have been searching for Archeotech that might actually help the hive rather than to hunt its inhabitants. It turns out I found something..

15 millennia ago, during the end of the dark age of technology, the sentient Men of Iron had developed giant world eating machines. They called these gigantic monstrosities.. the Mechanivores. This was a desperate period for mankind as planets fell to their destructive might. A large battle was fought over the planet Araneus prime and one of these machines, designated M.A.R.K 13, was damaged and crashed into the planet surface creating an enormous crater.

After the war, the planet was colonised. The large crater had uncovered the mineral wealth of the planet and soon the planet was to become the imperium’s industrial powerhouse known now as planet Necromunda.

After many years of construction on the planet an Imperial fist neophyte found the almighty machine and drew it to the attention of his chapter.

Primarch Rogal Dorn oversaw the building of a giant containment structure underneath the Hive city for fear that its demolition would topple the Hive or awaken the deadly machine. He built a failsafe to destroy the machine just in case, realising that a hive collapse would be preferable to the mighty machine awaking and destroying the whole planet. He gave the key to the structure and failsafe to Lord Helmawr who was entrusted to keep the secret. Lord Helmawr ordered some of his men to guard the structure. After thousands of years of construction upwards the area surrounding the containment became polluted and filled with foul waste products of the industrial machine that necromunda had become. The Core of the machine irradiated the inhabitants to become mutated tribes defending this ancient lost archeotech.

Fast forward to today. As you know Lord Kray of the neighbouring Hive Acropolis owns the Thunderdome show. Rumour has it he insulted lord Helmawr recently and as a result Helmawr started showing signs of pulling favours from the house, thus it likely falling to absorption by another eager house. Lord Kray enlisted a spy who has found this secret of Helmawrs and has stolen the key to the containment structure.

Lord Kray became desperate and crazed. Rumour has it he is being puppeted by a veil of darkness and is on a mission to find this structure, activate the failsafe, and collapse Hive Primus and all who inhabit it. Well that’s the last I have heard. truth is he is missing and no one knows his whereabouts, but if his people find the vault… then this will be our sarcophagus forever more.

I know where it is. I have seen it with my own eyes... And I have a plan to stop it that was overlooked all those years ago.

Here’s where you come in. I need you to go to these coordinates. It’s a sub-basement in district Lv-426. It houses Thunderdomes uplink console. I need you to hack it and upload this patch. If your unable to, at least destroy it as best you can. It will give us the window we need by blinding them for long enough to finish my plan and get the hell out of here.

That is all I can offer in reward. A way out. I would help you in person but I’m currently trying to acquire the tool we need to destroy this thing once and for all.

“Hey you!!! STOP!!! She’s over here…”

You hear gunfire as the transmission cuts abruptly…

Option 2.

Soundtrack to scene:

“Knock knock assholes.. I’m here to see (insert leaders name)”

“Who are you?”
Comes the reply from your night guard

“Ahhh I’m a meat popsicle…. Lemme in shit kicker.. I got something he’s gonna wanna hear..”

Grimm combs back his greasy quiff and holds up his weapons belt showing an obvious heft to it. A casual smirk of laid back confidence as he saunters into your compound and pulls up a chair to the boss man.

Right so I guess you guys didn’t get my hint last time. So I’ll make it far easier to understand this time round. We know you know the Draco Jakara that’s running around.. and it’s my job to bring her in. Cutting it straight, if you join who I represent you will be allowed release from the games.. They are offering up a bloody sweet deal for you and the gang. Contracts as show stalkers for your champions and a place in the spire just for you. I mean.. this opportunity just never comes around bud, and look at your alternative... your dead men walking. All you got to do is help us bring her in. What you say lunchmeat.. You in?

Option 3

do nothing. You won’t be eligible for the last 2 multiplayer games and your gang is at the mercy of the arbitrator. (You don’t want this one, it’s boring)

Rules for the Hunters Moor scenario TBA..