Necromunda Tiktaaliks terrain and Minis thread (now with more WIPs)

Ben_S

Hive Lord
Yak Comp 3rd Place
Honored Tribesman
Jul 26, 2015
Southampton, UK
For the record, I'd be interested in seeing work in progress pictures - either during progress or once you've finished - but post what suits you. I'm happy to wait to see stuff like this.

Tiktaalik

Ganger
Aug 30, 2021
I can post WIPs if you’d like, it’s no problem.

Ej44klNXkAcRqJW?format=jpg&name=4096x4096.jpg

Ej44klMXgAI0uGU?format=jpg&name=4096x4096.jpg

ErjQNlGW8AA04-Y?format=jpg&name=4096x4096.jpg

Coffee, chopped up Bitz of plastic glued to the scenery.

ErjQNl4XMAANoWa?format=jpg&name=4096x4096.jpg

Rocks, pebbles added.

ErjPjkTW8AIihx0?format=jpg&name=4096x4096.jpg

Paint, flock, weathering powders and aquarium plants.

Last edited:

MedMos

Hive Guilder
Yak Comp 1st Place
Nov 10, 2014
Møn, Denmark
Nice terrain pieces. For general wargaming, or your version of a more greenish underhive? I kinda imagine there to be plant life throughout the hive, but maybe more fungus, moss, mold, that sort of thing. :giggle:

Reactions: Mr. M and Punktaku

Tiktaalik

Ganger
Aug 30, 2021
Alright folks I’ve finished the first pain phase of my wrecked spacecraft. I posted the WIP shot before it was primed. I tri something different this time; I used this granite look spray paint from the hardware store and I really like it despite it being expensive. It doesn’t melt styrofoam and gives a pretty dusty, crusty appearance and texture.
FG-JOdDXEAk0x_p?format=jpg&name=4096x4096.jpg

The guardian on top of the ship was hard to find in the picture after I took it, so I am looking forward to there being a skirmish on top of it!Because this thing is huge! I might add some details and drybrush a few metal areas, but the ship is table ready as it is.

FG-JgS7WUAAf_rs?format=jpg&name=4096x4096.jpg

The model represents a ship that has crashed landed into a hive city, causing major damage and altering the daily operations in the surrounding areas. The authorities have taken pains to hide the ship, especially the reason it crashed and the nature of its cargo.

Our GM has plans for a psychic creature of some type that we will have to battle, which is a good idea imo. I would also like to involve this terrain piece in some way, having it move around and gain abilities as more and more gangers are injured or taken out of action.

Let me know if you have any suggestions or expertise in writing rules or scenarios for Necromunda. My strength has always been more about the conversions and writing the stories for them. thanks for looking

Mr. M

Gang Champion
Honored Tribesman
Aug 1, 2019
San Jose, CA
Those are some excellent trash-to-terrain pieces! I especially like the walled compound - that came out really well!

Tiktaalik

Ganger
Aug 30, 2021
Got a new WIP coming in hot… I’ve been hoarding supplies and now the Styrofoam Thunder Dome is taking shape.
FH4q3iCXoAALtwW?format=jpg&name=4096x4096.jpg

FH4rJQKXIAcYMon?format=jpg&name=4096x4096.jpg

This one is going to be a smoothie. That means there won’t be any paint or details besides a bit of filler for weird gaps or awkward spots. I don’t want to spend too much time on this thing in case it cracks in half in transport or during a game. My goal is to create a uniform look, like the inside of a spaceship or one section of one factory Building.

Punktaku

Un-Dis-Honored
Honored Tribesman
Apr 4, 2017
Connecticut, USA
Very cool idea. I believe it’ll look even better with 3 colors: outer walls, inner walls, floors. Is that one big piece of styrofoam? Like the bottom of a fridge box or other appliance?

Tiktaalik

Ganger
Aug 30, 2021
Thanks guys. It’s two styrofoam pieces placed one inside of the other. I found them on the street so it could be any sort of electronic stuff. the outside edges are a bit more than two feet long. The corridors are what really sets it off. They are edge protectors from a wooden door that this carpenter was installing in my apartment building. It’s as if they were made to construct terrain with.

Reactions: Punktaku