time to stop flirting with the idea of necromunda and just do it already!

radulykan

Gang Hero
Oct 24, 2013
Burton Latimer, Northants, UK
hi :)
been into gw since about 1990 possibly a bit earlier and so when necromunda came out i wanted to give it a shot but other things always got in the way, 20+ years of stuff getting in the way i have decided to try a way of including building gangs into my 40k armies. if i ever meet another necromunda fan i will have a gang or 10 ready to go and if i dont meet one i will have some pretty funky guardsmen/cultists etc.
started on a guard serg/gang leader possibly using delaque or orlock as a rough guide line for equipment etc
as he is for necromunda as well he has magnetic wrists and for fun he has a bionic hand, havent found any rules for that yet but i liked the idea so i ran with it, anyway enough talk, pics!
bgsorgangleader_zps9281d8fc.jpg

bglpp_zpscf4a0dfe.jpg

bglbp_zps2a7f4618.jpg

have done a bit more to the green stuff boots, that finger print isnt there anymore and the boots are now the same size lol, how does he look? anything i need to consider rules wise?

Last edited by a moderator:

AndyT81

Gang Hero
Yak Supporter
Yak Comp 1st Place
Aug 25, 2012
Tesside UK
Welcome to yakromunda! A great start :) you should put a link to your guard plog on warseer as it's awesome. Love the magnets, plasma pistols are a nice weapon choice for leaders IMO

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

cardyfreak

Executive Officer in charge of Radishes
Staff member
Necromunda Custodian
Yak Supporter
Tribe Council
Sep 15, 2012
Alnwick, Northumberland
yaktribe.org
Yes plasma or bolt so you're sorted there! He's a pretty solid close combat set up but what he really needs is a melta gun.

radulykan

Gang Hero
Oct 24, 2013
AndyT81- cheers :) , link to my everything plog in sig, page 9 is where the guard start appearing
cardyfreak- have had a quick scan of the delaque house weapons list, i see a melta gun is an option......... :)
also noticed the sword is not an option yet, will look for a decent chainsword in the meantime

Tulkas

Mr. Shadowlord
Mordheim Professor
Yak Supporter
Mar 23, 2012
Netherlands, Groningen
Good to see you've arrived here as well. Nice conversion already, one thing I would also like to point out is Inquisimunda, since I've found those files a week ago, I can't stop thinking how Necromunda looks like a six-sides wheel attempt, and Inquisimunda looks like a hovercraft. The freedom for conversions are near endless then (tho you might have known that already, since you're on AB aswell).

radulykan

Gang Hero
Oct 24, 2013
tulkas, these will hopefully all double up (quadruple?) for 40k/necromunda/inquisimunda/inquisitor28, i mostly play inquisitor at 54mm but might get more games in at 28mm. do you have a link to the version of inquisimunda you are using? there seem to be a few different versions floating about
anyway......

got a bit more done to his bike, this is a mad robot model, an azog treadbike, quite simply, i love it! :)
its like a mini tank, so much more weight to it than a scrambler type thing and yet its still not crazy big like the space marine scout versions you see a lot of
this will be part of a squad of rough riders or used in ash waste games.
i was originally going to go with no stowage to show off the bikes awesomeness but i shaved off a few rivets by accident, figured it was easier to just cover it up than try to get new rivets to line up. just need to find some more bits for the rear end, suggestions? (not rude ones? :) )

azogwip1_zps99766b3a.jpg

azogwip2_zps25a25bb3.jpg

azogwip3_zps41c81be6.jpg

azogwip4_zps524201c6.jpg

Reactions: Biggle_Bear

Tulkas

Mr. Shadowlord
Mordheim Professor
Yak Supporter
Mar 23, 2012
Netherlands, Groningen
Rady, I use these files at the bottom. Well use is a big word. I've been over them numerous times now, mostly the Inquisitor cells, to try and work out a fun/ cool cell. Now the big trick is to get my mates together, and threaten them into coersion so they'll join me in a game. Seems I'm the only one with the convertion bug really. The bike looks real cool. Two suggestions that came to me as I read your post: for the rear, perhaps just add a second seat? Or just leave it as is, I mean, why not? As for the cargo on the front, which I like, is it perhaps an idea to add some ropes/ webbing over it that would be used to keep the bits from falling off while driving? Right now it has more of a "Oh god I hope this works" feel if I were to drive something like that ;)

radulykan

Gang Hero
Oct 24, 2013
edit- sorry tulkas, forgot to reply, yeah, will be adding some sort of bungee cord straps at some point

got some time in on my newest guard regiment (from now on planet Bethesda)/necromunda gang, the serg/leader is complete and counts as my ammo bunker one mini a month for february :) wasted too much time waiting for paints for the kurgans that didnt arrive and then deciding on a new scheme for bethesda peeps, next month should be more productive?

in between coats and washes (last models i washed with nuln oil went wrong enough to cause nerd rage! used agrax this time, no "frosting" :) ) i started work on a terrain piece that can be used for 40k/necromunda/inquisitor. wanted something to add height, this works?

obviously very wip (blu tak holding up the floors etc) but i figure a couple or 8 of these scatttered around the board with walkways bridging the gaps between them should be fun, looking forward to inquisitor/necromunda with their rules for falling, not looking forward to real world falling though, a 2ft drop is going to hurt most models and thats if they stop on the table, all the way to the floor and it will be time for some serious repairs. already stolen andyt's razors and pegs ideas for detailing, any other ideas to add stuff to the pipe?

Tulkas

Mr. Shadowlord
Mordheim Professor
Yak Supporter
Mar 23, 2012
Netherlands, Groningen
Try some electrical wire, or even drinking straws of varying with, to go up and down the length of it. If you do multiple towers with walkways, do one (or more) destroyed walkways, with parts folded in on themselves from which you could jump down to the lower level. But perhaps try to keep "floors" at the same height as the original necromunda floors (if you have any of those that is), it'll help keep everything even a bit.

On the model, I really like the scimitar. Makes him look oldworld regimental.

Gorkamunda

Adeptus Ineptus
Staff member
Gorkamorka Warboss
Yak Comp 2nd Place
Dec 11, 2012
Galdhøpiggen, Norway
I'been thinking aboutmgetting those mad robot bikes for my enforcers - how will space marine scout biker legs fit on them?

Gorkamunda

Adeptus Ineptus
Staff member
Gorkamorka Warboss
Yak Comp 2nd Place
Dec 11, 2012
Galdhøpiggen, Norway
Do I spot the odd Victoria Miniatures bits in your creations?

Edit: that sword arm looks oddly familiar....

upload_2014-3-17_18-26-59.png

Last edited:

chitching

Gang Hero
Yak Comp 1st Place
Great use of magnets on your Bolt Pistol guy. I keep meaning to magnetise some of my guys, but always forget when it comes down to it. i need to just put the arse where my mouth is and get it done. Get it licked, if you will. I like to mix up my weapons every now and then and play to my gangers strengths. Multi attack ganger with good BS, swap his bludgeon out with a shotgun without modelling a new guy completely, like I did for one of my Scavvy guys.