Toffer's painting thread

Toffer

Ganger
Jan 1, 2016
Blenheim, NZ
so making all this terrain made me want to do more 40k model painting. So I had a rummage and here is my first proper 40k/necromunda/inquisitor28 paint job in several years. This is actually his third paint job as I bought him many many years ago. He is so old I have made him a walking stick.

FFC2C1F0-80A2-471B-9058-CA4D32347D04.jpg

schwager

Juve
Jun 24, 2013
www.solitudo.com
Oh, and...

... I can't help but feel like I've seen this awesome notice board in the background somewhere before. Can you remind me where that might have been?

Cheers,
Christian

schwager

Juve
Jun 24, 2013
www.solitudo.com
Very well thanks. Just enjoying a few days away in Queenstown right now. Hope your move back to Germany went smoothly. The notice board is no my terrain thread here https://yaktribe.games/community/threads/urban-terrain.5052/ page 2 I think. Just finally creating some terrain I have been thinking of doing for years.
That's the one... awesome work! :D

Yeah, the move went well. Still in the process of acclimatising, though. I've been told (from friends who have done the same) that it'll take years. ;)
Have fun in QT!

Last edited by a moderator:

Strobe

Ganger
Apr 27, 2015
Ace looking model. The worn paint on the wrench(?) looks really spot on. I think the flat sides of the jaws on the tool could use a little something added and I see you're already looking at the boots.

The face and muscle areas look really nice. It's hard seeing the model so large due to the photography so it's easy to pick out little things here and there but I really like it.

Toffer

Ganger
Jan 1, 2016
Blenheim, NZ
yeah mate. close up photos really show up the defects. Not sure what to do on the wrench/spanner/tool. but I agree it needs something. maybe some bright scratches with white? I will have a play sometiime

Strobe

Ganger
Apr 27, 2015
Even just some rust of something to break up the flat surface. The difficulty with the shine/ting marks is that it makes it look really shiny, not quite what I expect in Necromunda.

spafe

Executive Officer in charge of Hats
Staff member
Necromunda Custodian
Yak Comp 2nd Place
Tribe Council
Feb 8, 2013
Tilehurst, U.k.
Very very ncie, does he have a team to play with too? You are indeed correct good sir, blood bowl is quite 'awesome'

Toffer

Ganger
Jan 1, 2016
Blenheim, NZ
i do have the new BB box which came with a human team but they need a bit of conversion. a few head swaps and hand swaps I think. So Zug was the first player completed for the team. So right now he is teamless. poor chap

Reactions: spafe