Toy’s n' That

Lord Borak

Ganger
Jan 12, 2020
Bedfordshite
Hello chaps, first post here so, hello to you weird and wonderful fellows!

Since Christmas myself and a few mates have got back into Necro in a big way, mainly because 40k games seem to take far to long and with Necro we can all get 2 or 3 games in. Gone are the days of 'wasting' whole weekends drinking and gaming (Not for lack of trying) :D

I've been working on some scenery over the last couple of months. I'm not really a fan of the "towers to no where" and buildings with no real purpose to their design which the old NEcro card terrain seemed to go for (I have 3-4 sets of the old scenery!). So, here is where I'm at....

Massive billboard attached to vents. Still WIP but you get the idea!
WD4Rlyk.jpg

Nh7aHjL.jpg

Posters for the landing pad
Ku9Km5J.jpg

zoABtGC.jpg

DuvY2rw.jpg

What symbol/icon should I do on the landing pad itself? Guilder icon (what is it?), Imperial Eagle? Numerals?
Jo3ZzZt.jpg

Interior, Guilder building second floor and observation walkway. This will be the cogitator room.
rs9FKc1.jpg

The First gang I started is these chaps. 'The Sump Chumps'. Not my greatest painting but I did them in rush to get gaming!

qPnYTiZ.jpg

I'm currently working on some pit Slaves so they'll be my next update!

ClockworkOrange

Executive Officer in charge of Pandemics & Trolls!
Staff member
Yak Comp 1st Place
Tribe Council
Dec 29, 2012
Nottingham
Welcome to the Tribe, can’t wait to see more! looks awesome so far.

Most here are friendly except the Clone. Distrust the Clone and the Hatter.

Love

The Troll

• Wow
Reactions: CaptainDangerous

CaptainDangerous

Executive Officer in charge of Fraggles
Staff member
Yak Comp 3rd Place
Tribe Council
Oct 30, 2016
Durham, uk
Hey Lord borak, welcome to the tribe from me!

i think a big house goliath symbol would work on top of that big tower! I mean, if I were going to do some sumo style wrestling, induct some juves say, then top of a five story building (with no handrails) would be the perfect place! 😁

*the captain sees the troll looking, but turns his head purposefully as to ignor the orange one* 😤

Lord Borak

Ganger
Jan 12, 2020
Bedfordshite
Thanks guys! The Goliath symbol could work. What IS the actual guilder symbol though? I seem to remember there was one but can't seem to find it anywhere. We did the shoot out scenario on top of the guilder bulding. That was pretty fun :D Alas, no one fell off the top (that game).

This is the board so far. I need one more building in there which will be conected to the Guilder building by a walkway. I just have no idea what to make...
I7Zla9g.jpg

Computer room! I have another two of those resin computers on their way. I was gonna buy a load of the orange ones but the 3D printing on those is pretty rough so those will be the only ones I get :/
o2EiTSG.jpg

Going to go for a white/bone interior to the Guild house. Although it will be suitably dirty.
fkDzVGH.jpg

Warehouse, yes, it's still WIP (has been for about 2 years!)
9KxBkjY.jpg

So....Ideas for the next building?
gepD37F.jpg

spafe

Executive Officer in charge of Hats
Staff member
Necromunda Custodian
Yak Comp 2nd Place
Tribe Council
Feb 8, 2013
Tilehurst, U.k.
Welcome! what a member of prestige! I only lurked in those days.

Ben_S

Hive Lord
Honored Tribesman
Jul 26, 2015
Southampton, UK
I'm guessing you're the same Ben_S that frequented the Chaos section an awful lot? It's nice to see we have become more inventive with our usernames over the years.

Yes, indeed - also guilty. Afraid I gave up on both LO and WFB after AoS. I'm mostly into Frostgrave these days, though I still have some interest in things going on over here.

Lord Borak

Ganger
Jan 12, 2020
Bedfordshite
Nice to see people still about who remember that place. It was an awesome Forum. Such a shame it died the way it did :/ But oh well. Life!

Right, got some work done on my Pit Slaves. Just the yellow and flesh done. There is another Techno, a Pit Slave and a Pit fighter coming.

jENPuxz.jpg

PS: Any friendly mod that can rename the thread "Toy's n' That"? Silly typo shenanigans :D

radulykan

Gang Hero
Oct 24, 2013
Kettering, Northants, UK
Hi mate! Glad to see you’ve finally started a plog here, are any of the others members or thinking of joining?
I look forward to a game on the new terrain when the plague is over.
that billboard, we have some long running communal brands that you might like to take a look at.
The fast food theme may be playing a part in our meet up in October as seen here
TRL-BRU is also a thing and this thread may help you understand the weird troll thing that ends up in every thread :)

Lord Borak

Ganger
Jan 12, 2020
Bedfordshite
If you have a file of posters I'll happily print them out to use on bill boards around my terrain!

Almost there. What colour, if any, shall I do the Techno's weapon and cables to his left arm?
GaE8rYF.jpg

What colour shall I do his pistol? Leave it metal or go for something a bit more vibrant?
BgwTwpl.jpg

Bases done! (as well as the black, leather cables and other little bits)
KkmwKWR.jpg