Toy’s n' That

Punktaku

Un-Dis-Honored
Honored Tribesman
Apr 4, 2017
Connecticut, USA
In pythonissam vnicus lactis (witch’s teat)?
Vnicus lactis maleficis (witches teat)?

ululantibus mortem (death howl) for the big guy?
Nubes Strigili (cloud scraper)?

Last edited:
Reactions: Unslain

Lord Borak

Ganger
Jan 12, 2020
Bedfordshite
Those are cool. I liked Rust Bucket and Scrap Heap/Slag heap. More titans perhaps?

I've been told to isolate due to Covid, so, I've managed to get some painting done :D Just the yellow on 2 titans but, hey, give me a chance. It's a start!

Sordidum Senem (Dirty Old Man)
MzmtuLJ.jpg

2NA5JI2.jpg

Trux Animalis (Filthy Animal)
vyVvngF.jpg

OjdDi5p.jpg

How about Mors Spei (Death of Hope) for the Warlord? It's a bit grander compared to the rest of the Titans but Warlords are supposed to be incredibly rare in this run down legio.

Lord Borak

Ganger
Jan 12, 2020
Bedfordshite
Thanks Captain B!

Ha, I'll be working on my White and Purple Legio. I'll hopefully get some weapons done for my Warlord and call that maniple a day! then start working on the next one.

Lord Borak

Ganger
Jan 12, 2020
Bedfordshite
Not much of an update I'm afraid.

I had a spare Quake Cannon knocking about so figured I'd add it to the yellow Warlord. However, to fit their theme I wanted a combat attachment :D I mean, a Bayonet longer than a Leman Russ is a thing, right?

VMuR7rc.jpg

I also made and painted some more weapons for the Reavers AND added a Vulcan Mega Bolter to the back of the Warlords Power fist because, maybe, one day they might make rules for it?

Nu9Kt7z.jpg

Lord Borak

Ganger
Jan 12, 2020
Bedfordshite
I've not had much time to myself this last week so I haven't been able to spend any 'decent' time hobby-ing. Despite this I still had the itch to apply paint to something! ANYTHING! so I went and worked on some tiny buildings. I actually had quite a bit of fun painting these up despite them just being Grey dry brushes. I still have some roads to paint and the 'flat top' building WILL have a statue on it when I can source an old 2nd Edition Marine from somewhere.

qbeTOPH.jpg

kgU0UxS.jpg

QPnq6VD.jpg

The details on the front of the ruins are just Imperial Knight icons. I really should add some bill boards to the little town. Like the ones I did for my Necromunda board.

Last edited:

Lord Borak

Ganger
Jan 12, 2020
Bedfordshite
I built my second Warlord for the White Titans.I wanted a bit more of a dynamic action pose......... however, once again I messed up at the hip joint so instead of charging forward he's more plodding slowly towards the enemy. Which has it's own charm I think. I still like the pose as it has a feel of 'weight' about it. I also chopped off each of his toes on his right foot to reposition them.

Fa5Yjv2.jpg

QJPR10g.jpg

NMxobNs.jpg

Also!! KNIGHTS!!!!

I needed a little 'add on' to my yellow/Red Titans as they weren't quite 1500pts as a force yet.... yet. I will do another Reaver. I'll probably end up doing some more of these Knights as well. I'd love to do some Armigers for them and recreate my 40k Knight army :D

Does anyone happen to know if there are any rules for Knght Crusaders and/or Knight Gallants?

CjEr4LI.jpg

cC6KGBa.jpg

Greenthumb

Ganger
Jan 28, 2018
Manchester
I've not had much time to myself this last week so I haven't been able to spend any 'decent' time hobby-ing. Despite this I still had the itch to apply paint to something! ANYTHING! so I went and worked on some tiny buildings. I actually had quite a bit of fun painting these up despite them just being Grey dry brushes. I still have some roads to paint and the 'flat top' building WILL have a statue on it when I can source an old 2nd Edition Marine from somewhere.

View attachment 127235
View attachment 127236
View attachment 127237

The details on the front of the ruins are just Imperial Knight icons. I really should add some bill boards to the little town. Like the ones I did for my Necromunda board.
Now I'm not a marine expert but by second edition marine what age roughly Is that? I have a chaplain from 1988 that I would happily donate to someone who would give him more use than to sit with my bits.

Lord Borak

Ganger
Jan 12, 2020
Bedfordshite
Thanks for the offer mate, that's very generous of you! I've had an old plastic marine donated to me already so I'm fine now thank you :D

Second edition ended in 1998 if my memory serves me right. When it started I have no idea and I'm too lazy to Google it :D

Lord Borak

Ganger
Jan 12, 2020
Bedfordshite
Not much of an update. I've done some new weapons for the Warlord and a bit of scenery.

7JwtWf4.jpg

KMYAplg.jpg

QzPeplR.jpg

Because NO ONE WILL EVER SEE THIS!! I've taken a picture to show off the detail........... because no one will ever see it in games. I'll know it's there. Which is enough.... I think?

tlhtImd.jpg

I got my hands on that 2nd ED Marine and a kindly donation of some 3d printed marines. Some old bases, some plasticard and Boom! A quick and easy chapel.

lBHnO8y.jpg

GzFbMUx.jpg

Ben_S

Hive Lord
Honored Tribesman
Jul 26, 2015
Southampton, UK
Any idea what size would that be if scaled up to real life?

I guess the marine is about 30mm tall. If epic is 6mm, that's about 1:300 scale, which means he'd be 9000mm or 9m. Not as big as I thought.

Last edited:

Lord Borak

Ganger
Jan 12, 2020
Bedfordshite
Any idea what size would that be if scaled up to real life?

I guess the marine is about 30mm tall. If epic is 6mm, that's about 1:300 scale, which means he'd be 9000mm or 9m. Not as big as I thought.

You mean the Statue? God knows because the scale for AT is a bit odd. They say it's 8mm but I think it is more true to 6mm. A marine would be 8mm (8ft Marine, 6ft human). But, yeah, the statue would be around 8.5 meters tall.

I've not had much chance to do any hobby of late but I managed to get some bits done over the Easter weekend (now I'm back to work for seven eleven hour shifts on the bounce!).

I've built 3 Reavers, 2 for the white Lego and 1 for the Yellow Legio. This wee chappy is the 3rd Reaver for the Yellow boys!! I cobbled some Carapace Mega Bolters out of some spare Warlord ones I had kicking about. I kinda like them........ kinda.

rS5IRP2.jpg

GjT107y.jpg

I also managed to get some knights finished. These are all ebay rescue jobs so I'm not claiming responsibility for the non centred barrels lol. They're just gaming models so I'm not that fussed about them.

Ph4GlfY.jpg

8KTGnfU.jpg

I'd like to get these boys some Armigers and expand them into a 1000 point force. But that's a ways off yet as I want to get my next White Legio maniple done first.