Toy’s n' That

Ben_S

Hive Lord
Honored Tribesman
Jul 26, 2015
Southampton, UK
I wish I'd picked up that duelling knights game GW did a while back. I could have sold the two 40k knights and played it at AT scale instead.

Lord Borak

Ganger
Jan 12, 2020
Bedfordshite
I didn't have the willpower to work on the 'white titans' this week. So smashed out another Reaver for Legio CARIOSUS (oh, yes! They have a name!!!!)

Fallo Amans (Jilted Lover)

a2lua9E.jpg

aInj6Ci.jpg

iFYKGJt.jpg

Familly Pic!

ux1cC4u.jpg

GWJh2hq.jpg

Lord Borak

Ganger
Jan 12, 2020
Bedfordshite
I wish!! It'd be nice you actually get a game in with these boys n girls at some point!

This is Rubigo Situla and is still somewhat WIP. I'm not sure what to put in place of the Flak Cannons. I like the mortars on the Warmaster so may well do something like that. I'm not sure. The plasma reactor things at the back in place of the Quake shell magazines are temporary until I think of something better.

kZ7uPx2.jpg

TasCM9k.jpg

lRW0jHw.jpg

2oqB0Zs.jpg

Lord Borak

Ganger
Jan 12, 2020
Bedfordshite
Thanks mate :D

Like a big kid, I couldn't resist building this guy and starting to paint it. I had told myself it would be my reward for finishing the next maniple. But who was I kidding? Of course I was going to do him next!! He was easy enoigh to build but it was a long process. It took me 2 days to build him and 34 (yes, thirty four) magnets!!!

8rFINuK.jpg

(top right panel will be purple)
9YkOLr5.jpg

Next to a Reaver just to show the scale of this BEAST
YmXqmgd.jpg

I have also started work on the Warbringer. It's just leadbelcher and washes as the moment.

eRCUDwq.jpg

Unslain

Gang Hero
Nov 29, 2014
Peterborough, Cambridgeshire, UK
Come now man, the obvious reason is that...
...the scenic bases will take forever?

Don't get me wrong, the sheer number of teeny tiny skitarrii, kataphron, cybernetica (it is 30k after all) and little dunecrawlers swarming between and around all those titan feet will be absolutely astounding to see. But it would certainly break a lesser devotee of the Omnissiah.

@Lord Borak you do make it incredibly difficult to resist this game though.

SuboptimusPrime

Gang Hero
Yak Comp 1st Place
Jan 19, 2019
Sectoris XII | Castrum Vindobona | Austria
Don't get me wrong, the sheer number of teeny tiny skitarrii, kataphron, cybernetica (it is 30k after all) and little dunecrawlers swarming between and around all those titan feet will be absolutely astounding to see. But it would certainly break a lesser devotee of the Omnissiah.

You are trying to threaten me with a good time, are you not?

Lord Borak

Ganger
Jan 12, 2020
Bedfordshite
I don't think anyone in their right mind would, or even could, threaten a member of the mechanicum with so frivolous a thing as 'emotional gratification'.

It's more of a "look at all this cool technology you could have" but at a cute and tiny scale. Plus, who doesn't want to convert up their 40k armies at this scale?? With their teeeny Tiny characters leading charges through titans legs :D

Just saying though, the Starter set and the Battle force gives you the rules and a huge army for £160. (Thats 9 Titans and 2 knights...3000pts?).

SuboptimusPrime

Gang Hero
Yak Comp 1st Place
Jan 19, 2019
Sliiight bit more expensive than that, the starter set plus the battle force is just over 210€ in total at my FLGS, closer to £185. But that's nitpicking, it really isn't bad, you're right.

But while the starter set is great value, and discounted to a mere 102€ right now, that still doesn't mean I can just go and invest in yet another system, no matter how great that system is, that I would not really have time for and that not that many people I know even pl-+++TRANSACTION ACCEPTED+++THANK YOU FOR YOUR BUSINESS, ADEPT+++

...Oh, by the cog.

Ashmagnus2112

Ganger
Apr 6, 2021
I gotta say this thread as also made it very hard for me to continue to resist the temptation that is titanicus. Your stuff looks amazing, really like the dirty yellow mixed with the dark red such a nice contrast. Top notch work sir.

Lord Borak

Ganger
Jan 12, 2020
Bedfordshite
Sliiight bit more expensive than that, the starter set plus the battle force is just over 210€ in total at my FLGS, closer to £185. But that's nitpicking, it really isn't bad, you're right.

But while the starter set is great value, and discounted to a mere 102€ right now, that still doesn't mean I can just go and invest in yet another system, no matter how great that system is, that I would not really have time for and that not that many people I know even pl-+++TRANSACTION ACCEPTED+++THANK YOU FOR YOUR BUSINESS, ADEPT+++

...Oh, by the cog.

That's still not THAT bad compared to getting into most of GW games systems. You'll probably end up spending more on tiny Mechanicus stuff for the bases and then there's the scenery! Not that that is a bad thing. I think I'm actually a bit addicted. I bought another Warmaster....... and the weapon cards. I don't even need any more weapon cards. I just wanted them in the little cardboard box they come in. Oh well, it's not like my cupboard of shame is going any where.

I gotta say this thread as also made it very hard for me to continue to resist the temptation that is titanicus. Your stuff looks amazing, really like the dirty yellow mixed with the dark red such a nice contrast. Top notch work sir.

Thanks! And, yeah, Do it. More Tiny Titans so I can steal ideas off..........Er, I mean, see other cool conversions.
Yaktanicus meet when? 😀

When you've painted your Titans ;) Don't go playing with unpainted models.

Reactions: Ashmagnus2112

SuboptimusPrime

Gang Hero
Yak Comp 1st Place
Jan 19, 2019
That's still not THAT bad compared to getting into most of GW games systems. You'll probably end up spending more on tiny Mechanicus stuff for the bases and then there's the scenery! Not that that is a bad thing. I think I'm actually a bit addicted. I bought another Warmaster....... and the weapon cards. I don't even need any more weapon cards. I just wanted them in the little cardboard box they come in. Oh well, it's not like my cupboard of shame is going any where.

Well, now that I've gotten myself into this mess, I do have a few questions. Two for now to be exact, if I may.

1.) Everyone keeps mentioning tiny Mechanicus, and I have to admit that I don't even know if such a thing exists. I still have old Epic 40k stuff kicking about somewhere, so I got more than enough marines for the bases, but definitely no Mechanicus and I can't remember ever seeing anything for them at that scale.

2.) Epic was 6mm, but I keep reading that Titanicus isn't really 6mm, more like in between 6 and 8mm somehow, do you have any experience with that?

Lord Borak

Ganger
Jan 12, 2020
Bedfordshite
If you want tiny Mechanicus, Here's a link to Vanguard Miniatures. They do some pretty cool stuff https://vanguardminiatures.co.uk/product-category/defeat-in-detail-6mm/cybershadows/
I have some Guardsmen and Marines from them and they're REALLY nice. I'm planning on using them for my bases to give a sense of scale. Speaking of which......

The scale is a bit weird. Yes, Titanicus is 8mm but vehicles tend to be underscaled in 40k (10 Marines in a Rhino for example). If you hold up a 6mm human to a Titans Hatch/Door then they scale right. Maybe it's scaled to space marines being 8mm? Who are 8ft Tall? In which case a normal human would be around 6mm.

I was given a 3D print of an 8mm Fellblade and it's an absolute BEAST. It actually looks like a super heavy.