Tribe Soiree II - 19th Oct 2021

Stoof

Yakmarines 2nd Co. Word Priest
Yak Comp 2nd Place
Tribe Council
Jun 1, 2016
Ellon, United Kingdom
The Second Almost Annual Tribe Soiree of North East Englandshire!

Check out the previous happenings of Tribe Soiree 2019 here.

Tribe Soiree is a small NE England YakMeet for NCE players. Stalwarts are @CaptainDangerous, @Ardavion and yours truly.

Currenly we are looking at holding Tribe Soiree 2021 on Tuesday the 19th of October at the Sunderland Battle Bunker.

It's very casual - a few fun games, some friendly chat. Sort of group-arbitrated, if we think of something fun to try we do it!

If you would like to attend this NCE event we could probably get a couple more Yaks involved, so chime in! Final venue dependant of course - this isn't a big planned event like a TribeMeet so there are no function rooms being hired for hundreds of pounds a day!

-----------------------------------

Jareth rubbed his temples to try and abate the constant dull ache in his skull. The Sarahs were playing cards loudly in the anteroom and Stabbit, Grabbit and Runferit the ratlings were quarreling over whose turn it was to go to Hive Guys, whether it should be Hive Guys or Yo! Sumpy, and who ate the last of the chocoate mousse, all simultaneously. Behind him Toby fluttered against the large window - no doubt the mischevous caryatid had seen a rat or other hive fauna and he wanted to go and torment it.

It sounded like the card game was dying down. A couple of the Sarahs - Big Sarah the Heavy and Sara the sharpshooter - sauntered into his throne room (or what he called the throne room, even if it did look a lot like the administration office of a small shipping company). They were both grinning. They clearly wanted something. One was holding a leaflet.

"Jareth baby" said Big Sarah, her needy whine elititing another sharp pain in his skull, "have you seen the new trend? All the girls have them!"

Sara showed him what she was holding and... oh no... a sopy of Sumpmopolitan magazine. This never went well. On the cover was a vapid looking socialite holding some kind of horifically ugly shaved rat.

"Oh, my dear Sarahs, what is it?" he crooned, feigning interest, leaning towards the leaflet with a flourish of his lace sleeve.

"That!" they sqeaked in unison, pointing to the animal. "A miniature pygmy Necromundan giant rat! They're so hot right now!"

"And... we should... get one?"

"Don't be silly J!" - he hated being called "J" - "we'll ALL need one! It wouldn't be proper to just have one!"

"No... no... of course not, how silly of me. I imagine they're terribly exclusive."

"Oh yes!" blurted Sara "not just anybody can afford them!"

"Aha!" He stood dramatically, posing with one foot on his throne. Stabbit, Grabbit and Runferit finally stopped bickering, waiting for what their master had to say.

"I think it is time, my dear Sarahs" he announced, "that we went raiding! And you shall all have miniature pygmy Necromundan giant rat things!"

The small crowd shrieked and danced with delight. Fearing they might be about to break into song, Jareth quickly excused himself, followed from the room by Toby. Not for the first time he regretted using his Wyrd powers to kidnap himself a gang to do his bidding, and manipulating their will to serve him. He'd never imagined how annoying they would be.

Word seemed to have gotten out of the throne room even before he did, as the Sarahs in the anteroom were already preparing weapons.

It was time for the 13 Hour Club to go raiding. Violence always helped clear his headaches.

---------------------------------------

Jareth, Toby, Stabbit, Grabbit & Runferit.

The 13 Hour Club

Last edited:

Stoof

Yak Comp 2nd Place
Tribe Council
Jun 1, 2016
Ellon, United Kingdom
Gang creation:
Any gang from NCE or OCE.
Gangs get a FREE Wyrd, generated from OCE (so you'd need to fluff something up for Redemptionists or Spyrers).
Othewise a standard 1000cr spend start.

Example - The 13 Hour Club

Last edited:
Reactions: CaptainDangerous

CaptainDangerous

Executive Officer in charge of Fraggles
Staff member
Yak Comp 3rd Place
Oct 30, 2016
Durham, uk
7C403846-004E-4DA1-B0F3-D1AC4AC8D76E.jpeg

Stoof

Yak Comp 2nd Place
Tribe Council
Jun 1, 2016
Ellon, United Kingdom
Three of us are booked into the Sunderland Battle Bunker for Tuesday the 19th October (11am onwards). If anyone wants to come and get some NCE action on you're most welcome - the chap who runs it told me Tuesdays aren't that busy so there'll be ad-hoc tables available. Pay your own way kind of deal.

Reactions: CaptainDangerous

CaptainDangerous

Staff member
Yak Comp 3rd Place
Oct 30, 2016
Durham, uk
As in Thulsa Doom from Conan the Barbarian?!?
Thulsa and Jareth have a history! (tho I feel jareth may not know it)

But he has Branched out into the Hair Buisness and subsequently has a surplus of Miniature Pygmy Necromundan Giant Rats, (one of which featured in SUMPMOPOLITAN magazine) and will be taking them to the Trollholme Express Logistics centre to ship them Uphive for a good price!

408F3320-2FA2-4A3B-9D2F-BD5FB69F1AA7.jpeg

Reactions: Pagumb and Stoof

Stoof

Yak Comp 2nd Place
Tribe Council
Jun 1, 2016
Ellon, United Kingdom
Very much looking forward to tomorrow 🙂

I haven't been able to pack any terrain beyond a box of barrels and crates, so hopefully one of you chaps will be able to bring some or the Bunker will have enough for us to borrow.

The gang's safely packed in cryo stasis ready to leap out and cause havoc tomorrow!

Ardavion

Gang Hero
Nov 22, 2011
Gang is packed (never left its box from TribeMeet), one beastmaster is roughly ready with 6 rats; I'm banking on the battle bunker being bountiful with barricades and buildings bolstering our battles.

Aiming to be there around 9, might be a little bit later than that; never been before so highly likely to get a bit lost.

CaptainDangerous

Staff member
Yak Comp 3rd Place
Oct 30, 2016
Durham, uk
No where near prepared!
However… just got some mint (as in good, tho they are slightly green) painted goliaths the other day, so they’ll be rocking up as Thulsas minions!

I’ll be bringing my ZM tiles and loads of scatter, so fear not!
The action takes place in the TrollHolm Logistics warehouse, which is a mini dome of sorts, and is colloquially known as The Labrynth!

Stoof

Yak Comp 2nd Place
Tribe Council
Jun 1, 2016
Ellon, United Kingdom
Aiming to be there around 9, might be a little bit later than that; never been before so highly likely to get a bit lost.

They don't upen until 11am, so no need to rush. Hopefully you don't intend to get lost for two hours! Also they close at 7pm so hopefully you don't mean 9pm either 🤔

I'll probably be there around 10:30 or so, children dependant. Just because I'm usually early for stuff.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ardavion

CaptainDangerous

Staff member
Yak Comp 3rd Place
Oct 30, 2016
Durham, uk
9 just sort of felt right, there’s no need for facts or reality to get in the way! 😋