Necromunda Tribemeat UK 2019 - The Golden Yak Awards

ClockworkOrange

Executive Officer in charge of Pandemics & Trolls!
Staff member
Yak Comp 1st Place
Tribe Council
Dec 29, 2012
Nottingham
Tribemeat UK 2019 - The Golden Yak Awards

Prize Competition Time!

This is going to be a painting and modelling competition in the usual Yaktribe tradition, but the prizes will be voted on by the Tribe - LIVE!

Please note, entry to this competition is restricted to those coming to TribeMeat 2019 in Long Eaton - the prize will be voted on and presented live on Saturday 16th March at 17:00. If you are coming and you would like to enter, we want you to create something for one or more of the following categories:

Best Plague Zombies
We would like you to produce 6 plague zombies themed on your Tribe Meet gang - you will probably get to use these in your games at some point! 6 individually base Plague zombies armed in accordance with OCE rules.

Best Preacher
All none outlander gangs can hire a preacher for free, so if you make one, you can use it in your gang. Preachers are a unique character for the Tribemeet campaign. We are looking for a suitably rough and ready ecclesiastic type that is beautifully modelled and painted. All Preachers carry a hand flamer and can be armed with :
One of the following pistols:
· Autopistol, Laspistol, Stubgun + Dum Dum rounds
One of the following basic weapons:
· Autogun, Lasgun, Shotgun + Hot Shot Shells
One of the following close combat weapons:
· Chain, Flail, Sword, Chainsword, Club, Maul or Bludgeon
· Massive Axe, Sword or Club

Best food crate tokens
Food crates are going to be the objectives in a lot of your battles, we are looking for the most imaginative and well modelled loot counters based on food crates for use in your games.

The Golden Yak
The golden yak trophy will be awarded to the overall 'best in show' which could be the above or anything else you make for the event, new gang, scenery, vehicles etc etc.

The competition follows the usual YakComp rules - i.e. must be a new model, your own work etc. To enter, post your WiPs on this thread and bring your entry to TribeMeat 2019.

The voting will open at 12:00 on Saturday 16th March and will close at 17:00 when the prizes will be awarded to each of the winning competitors. Who will walk away the champion at the inaugural UK Golden Yak Awards?

By the way, this competition is open to entry by the organisers which is why the tribe must decide the winners!

Please note, although you may enter (and potentially win) all 3 categories only one prize will be won per competitor, i.e., if you win a category but you have already won a prize - the trophy, honour and glory will be yours, but the prize will go to the next highest scoring competitor that hasn't won one yet!

All the best

The Committee:

@MancInventor @spafe @Stoof @radulykan @ClockworkOrange

ClockworkOrange

Staff member
Yak Comp 1st Place
Tribe Council
Dec 29, 2012
Nottingham
Just to clarify I’m going to remove the definition of “New” for the Best in Show - you can enter anything you’ve already made or make before he event for this segment of the Comp.

ClockworkOrange

Staff member
Yak Comp 1st Place
Tribe Council
Dec 29, 2012
Nottingham
And this is what I’m going to be building:

0128B73E-E475-43D7-BB1A-98F7B9985DEF.jpeg

Plus a Goliath.....

ClockworkOrange

Staff member
Yak Comp 1st Place
Tribe Council
Dec 29, 2012
Nottingham
Well, I've already got about 100 plague zombies and I'll probably be running an outlander gang... so food crates it is!

TBF the best on show is aimed at peeps like us with large collections, feel free to enter the zombie hordes into that!

radulykan

Gang Hero
Oct 24, 2013
Kettering, Northants, UK
I will be doing a preacher for sure so if everybody else could not then that would be great :)
( I just want a prize from a tribe meet up, haven't got one yet despite attending all of them. Come on guys, to let me win all you have to do is nothing? :) )

Reactions: Greenthumb and Tiny

Punktaku

Un-Dis-Honored
Honored Tribesman
Apr 4, 2017
Connecticut, USA
as an impartial, outside observer with no hope of going to YakMeAt 2019, shouldn't best in show be something actually used (in part or full) at the event?

Reactions: Stoof

Wanderer

Gang Hero
Yak Comp 3rd Place
Oct 28, 2011
Upstate New York
If I make one, can someone here who is going take it there on my behalf in my name? Or is that against the competition rules?

ClockworkOrange

Staff member
Yak Comp 1st Place
Tribe Council
Dec 29, 2012
Nottingham
Awesome. My address is still the same as when you sent me the Troll goggles - no doubt I’ll recieve it yesterday knowing your powers of warping time to your will @Wanderer

Reactions: Blood Donor

Punktaku

Un-Dis-Honored
Honored Tribesman
Apr 4, 2017
Connecticut, USA
in the hour and a half (our time) between those posts, I'm kinda surprised they weren't finished, based and spray coated by the second post.

that's what you get for using the flux capacitor too much.

Wanderer

Gang Hero
Yak Comp 3rd Place
Oct 28, 2011
Upstate New York
in the hour and a half (our time) between those posts, I'm kinda surprised they weren't finished, based and spray coated by the second post.

that's what you get for using the flux capacitor too much.
Well, it is winter time, and paint takes longer to dry. And my wife gets upset if I take the hair dryer out of her hand when she is using it so I can use it to dry my models.
Women! I'll never understand them!

Last edited: