Tribemeet 2020 Postponed - Sad Face

ClockworkOrange

Executive Officer in charge of Pandemics & Trolls!
Staff member
Yak Comp 1st Place
Tribe Council
Dec 29, 2012
Nottingham
It’s with heavy hearts that your Tribemeet2020 committee has had to postpone this year’s event due to the unprecedented impact of Coronavirus Covid-19.

Keeping up with the daily changes and attempting to implement mitigation measures has just become too much of a full time job for us. Further we conducted a survey with the last newsletter and it seems that the majority of lucky ticket holding Yaks were unable or unsure whether they could attend…..

Now the good news! The event is still going ahead on the new date of 19th and 20th September 2020. Further if you already have a ticket its not going to cost you anything extra, Newark Show Ground has very kindly offered to let us move to the new date at no additional charge.

Further several of the local hotels have a Coronavirus Covid-19 policy where whilst you can’t get a refund they will let you move the date, so if you already have a hotel booking please contact the hotel ASAP.

We’ll confirm more details as we know them, but if you can’t attend the new date let the committee know ASAP so that your ticket can be put up for sale to others and we can get you a refund.

Love Clockwork 😭

Stoof

Yakmarines 2nd Co. Word Priest
Yak Comp 2nd Place
Tribe Council
Jun 1, 2016
Ellon, United Kingdom
Doh! I forgot something important... I'm hopefully going to have a 3 week old baby on the 19th & 20th Sept! Uhm.. I'm out. :cry:

I will be there in spirit, and wafting fluff and lore in your general direction from afar! Plus I'll be damned if at least SOME of my models don't make it down to take part in the fun. It's about time Moira killed someone/found love/killed a lover at a TribeMeet.

CaptainDangerous

Executive Officer in charge of Fraggles
Staff member
Yak Comp 3rd Place
Tribe Council
Oct 30, 2016
Durham, uk

Unrelated, but does anyone wanna buy a boat? Several hundred not particularly careful previous owners.
I’m fairly confident you are just kidding, but incase you’re not....

DONT SELL IT MAN!

There will be more events and more chances to use it in the future! Just because an event wont be focused on boats, doesn’t mean we can’t use them again! At the very least we should have an online mini comp to judge the Sumpiest of Sea craft!

and even then...stick a couple of sets of tracks on that bad boy and you’ve easily got an ash waste crawler! (I can even send you some if you like!)

Ardavion

Gang Hero
Nov 22, 2011
Well, The pressure to finish the boat is off, at least...

I've amended my hotel booking to 19/09/20 (Premier Inn are kind enough to allow you to change dates regardless of your booking type, nothing else though), so I should be there - and with the camping site potentially back in action, I can travel down on the Friday night and pitch up, money saved!

ClockworkOrange

Executive Officer in charge of Pandemics & Trolls!
Staff member
Yak Comp 1st Place
Tribe Council
Dec 29, 2012
Nottingham
With the story of fury's rest containing containing a shortage of supplies, lockdowns, strange illnesses and flooding etc.
I vote next year that the story is set inside the clones pleasure cube. Just in case life imitates art again.
I DO HOPE NOT - whilst this Troll would not assume your gender or sexual preferences, the thought of all those oiled tanned clones turns my stomach! :sick: