Tribemeet 2020 Postponed - Sad Face

undertaker

Gang Hero
Honored Tribesman
Oct 21, 2016
Nottingham
I have re-booked my stay for September, but I just got an e-mail from the Newark Premier Inn saying that I could cancel as well. Might be an option for those that find they can't make the new date.

Premier Inn said:
However, if you are now unable to stay with us due to the current situation, we will be providing all guests with a stay between the 19th March and 31st May 2020 an opportunity to re-book or cancel.

ClockworkOrange

Executive Officer in charge of Pandemics & Trolls!
Staff member
Yak Comp 1st Place
Tribe Council
Dec 29, 2012
Nottingham
@daKing when I’m not so upset about stuff remind me and I’ll update the ticket holders thread, we have at least 4 free tickets now.

ClockworkOrange

Staff member
Yak Comp 1st Place
Tribe Council
Dec 29, 2012
Nottingham
I haven’t been back here since that fateful decision to cancel, it hurt me too much!

However based on the UK lockdown that happened shortly afterwards on the 23/03/20 it turned out to be the right call! And thank the Emperor the showground let us move the date at no charge.

ClockworkOrange

Staff member
Yak Comp 1st Place
Tribe Council
Dec 29, 2012
Nottingham
@daKing I need to attend the ticket holders list but consider yourself the proud owner of a Orangemarket reserve ticket....

Reactions: undertaker

RonBSM

The Upside Down Troll
Tribe Council
Mar 26, 2020
Port Talbot
Holla everyone!

I'm interested in coming along to this,RyanBSM may be interested as well (Is there an age limit? He's 14... Also, LaceyBSM who is 9 and plays MIGHT want to tag on).

Now, in the spirit of total honesty, I'm ultra busy right now (the joys of owning a security company and Covid keeping us ultra busy with temp scanning and such) so could someone please hook me up with a quick link to the rules of the day and any other info? By all means DM it to me to save forum space... pretty please!!

Edit: Additionally it seems highly probable to me that I'll have finished making all of my ZM tiles by then so could probably provide a table, maybe two.

ClockworkOrange

Staff member
Yak Comp 1st Place
Tribe Council
Dec 29, 2012
Nottingham
@RonBSM

Rules;

Tickets;

We should be ok getting you some but it depends how many have dropped out since March they are in very short supply. I’ll need to update the list and then advise availability.

Age limits no issues, my 9 year old girl wouldn’t hack the full weekend though without ruining my experience so maybe that’s too young but that’s your call.

daKing

Ganger
Jan 11, 2018
Austin, TX
@daKing I need to attend the ticket holders list but consider yourself the proud owner of a Orangemarket reserve ticket....
The UK still enforcing a mandatory 14 day self isolation for all international travelers. The event is still three months out but I just don’t see it happening for me this year 😑 Hopefully I can make it there next year!!! Good luck y’all

ClockworkOrange

Staff member
Yak Comp 1st Place
Tribe Council
Dec 29, 2012
Nottingham
I need to fire up the paint covered PC, pictured looking forlorn and abandoned in many a Troll Plog photo, and sort the attendance / reserve / refund list and kickstart this hype machine!

@undertaker will have an aneurism if I leave it much longer......

• Haha
Reactions: undertaker

RonBSM

The Upside Down Troll
Tribe Council
Mar 26, 2020
Port Talbot
Just in case and I'm being sensible in asking- but what if September has to be postponed again?

ClockworkOrange

Staff member
Yak Comp 1st Place
Tribe Council
Dec 29, 2012
Nottingham
We’ll manage that if it happens and either move the date again and/or cancel.

We’ve already paid deposit and a couple of instalments for the venue, the venue let us move the date at no charge last time but they might not be able to afford to do that again 🤷‍♂️ if we have to cancel we’ll refund as much money as we can. However please be aware that we’ve already paid out for a lot of things so it wouldn’t be a full refund.

The above is why I’ve not taken any money from anyone on the new reserve list until we are 100% confirmed (I’d settle for 51% it’s too uncertain at the moment).