Tribemeet 2020 Postponed - Sad Face

RonBSM

The Upside Down Troll
Tribe Council
Mar 26, 2020
Port Talbot
Oh hey look- @ryanBSM and myself are really looking forward to this.

I'm hoping that they will still proceed.

And also, given the fact that you've just said about payments and so on, I'm certain that the yakkers would all agree with me that these are exceptional circumstances.

Personally, I'm happy to pay now for my tickets- that will help your cash flow (this is where me owning/operating a few businesses gives me some advantage in knowledge here) and if the Covid situation means it needs to have an extra fee attached to maintain the stability of the event then I understand and don't mind accepting that.

Whats important to me is that we all get to meet, roll some dice and have some laughs (Hopefully me laughing at your battered gang as my Goliaths stand/swim victorious!)- I've already missed the Download festival this year, which broke Lizzies heart (she's 5 and very rock n roll and her birthday present last September was going to download this year as she is old enough now) and these events are important to me and whichever kid I'm taking to it- they're only this age once and I'm lucky now, I can take them, when I was a kid my mum wasn't able to so I missed out on everything (not her fault at all.... single parent working 3 jobs to keep us afloat).

I am sure if there is a breakdown of the costs and what it would take to keep Tribemeet on the calendar that people would be able to look at that.

ClockworkOrange

Executive Officer in charge of Pandemics & Trolls!
Staff member
Yak Comp 1st Place
Tribe Council
Dec 29, 2012
Nottingham
@RonBSM don't worry it’s a matter of when not if!

We have sufficient funds for the event to go ahead we just need to be allowed to. At the moment no costs have increased, it’s more my worries about the venue going belly up, they’ll have no income so they can’t keep deferring events indefinitely. Unprecedented times indeed.

RonBSM

The Upside Down Troll
Tribe Council
Mar 26, 2020
Port Talbot
Well look, DM me, give me some details and I'll pay for my tickets now. That's at least a little less pressure on the Tribe side.

Orngog

YCE Project Manager
Tribe Council
Aug 30, 2014
Wiltshire
This is why I prepared my Hivewide Event. If enough people are interested I'll give it a spin.

Edit: removes the smug tone of my response, it wasn't intended but it sure did read that way.

Last edited: