Tribemeet 2020 Update - Moved to 27th / 28th March 2021

Corkers5

Jan 25, 2020
No salt from me, it makes sense as unfortunate as it is. And I hpefully will be able to travel from Ireland for the next one and have a chance to get some cool goliath models in the mean time.

Sumaki

Dec 3, 2012
Happy to wait also, might give me enough time to get my towers finished and my boats painted nicely.
Might be an idea to post some photos as well as...

Reactions: Karandrassh

Jaws

Gang Hero
Yak Comp 2nd Place
Jul 23, 2013
Hamar, Norway
How is the situation over there in regards to quarantine, or travel restrictions? Do you think they will ease up now that the vaccines are distributed?
At the moment, the Norwegian government has restricted non-essential travel to the UK, as far as I know. But it should only last until 1st of March.

Reactions: ClockworkOrange

ClockworkOrange

Executive Officer in charge of Pandemics & Trolls!
Staff member
Yak Comp 1st Place
Tribe Council
Dec 29, 2012
Nottingham
We are in a bit of a strange space we don’t really know when the latest lockdown will end - the UK has gone into full lockdown number 3 which may get worse in terms of restrictions rather than better 🤷‍♂️.

Full update when we know more, but I’d expect us to make the call 4 weeks out. Very conscious people have hotel bookings, travel costs etc that they may get charged for if we make the wrong call at the wrong time.

Reactions: Stoof and Jaws

Karandrassh

Ganger
Dec 2, 2012
Chester, UK
Just had an update from my parents who live near Newark showground. From today they have opened a mass vaccination facility on the the site.

Ardavion

Gang Hero
Nov 22, 2011
Just had an update from my parents who live near Newark showground. From today they have opened a mass vaccination facility on the the site.
That's... Probably not good.

The timescales for getting vaccinations done puts the general populace to get vaccinated after March, so likely they'll only want the people called for vaccinations on-site, regardless whether our little section is involved.

I suppose it depends on how fast the vaccinations get done.

ClockworkOrange

Staff member
Yak Comp 1st Place
Tribe Council
Dec 29, 2012
Nottingham
Hi all - we have been in contact with the venue fairly regularly and they will let us move the dates again if we can’t go ahead in March.

The Showgrounds a big place so we may not be impacted by the vaccination centre that’s opened there recently but the owners weren’t sure either as it was early days, and processes, targets, numbers etc were changing daily.

Obvioulsy at this time we also don’t know what measures we’d have to take to run the actual event - which may in itself make it unviable.

To be honest it’s all a bit of a nightmare for the organisers and we are very conscious that we don’t want to cause people to lose money for hotel bookings etc if it can be avoided.

The plan is still to make a decision 4 weeks out based on the information available at the time 🤷‍♂️ but based on what we all know now it’s not looking very hopeful :cry:

Love the Troll

Reactions: Ardavion

ClockworkOrange

Staff member
Yak Comp 1st Place
Tribe Council
Dec 29, 2012
Nottingham
@Darian Shurville want me to add you to the list as an official table provider? @Fat Charlie won’t mind providing one less I’m sure also @RonBSM has gone dark of late? So that might be a free spot.