Tribemeet 2021! Update - NEW DATE 11th/12th SEPTEMBER

RonBSM

The Upside Down Troll
Tribe Council
Mar 26, 2020
Port Talbot
Yeah sorry, dark is correct. I've been rather snowed under.

He have a work service that's covid related and my investors in the software side have finally kicked it up a gear after realising that thier "expert" marketer who was supposed to be supporting us is just a massive bag of spanners, so I've had to have Zoom, after Zoom, after Zoom... you get the general idea.

My gaming room? What gaming room? Dumping ground? Ah... more like it.

So apologies. I have missed you guys tremendously, I'm just working on getting my space back (kids being locked off school means more time working less time travelling... bonus... but theyre at home going stir crazy making more mess... not quite as much bonus....)

Ardavion

Gang Hero
Nov 22, 2011
So...

There was talk of a review of all this four weeks out from 27/03-28/03.

Given the roadmap for coming out of lockdown (https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/explainers-52530518) it would appear that we're not able to have Tribemeet until after 21 June at the earliest, so I would be lead to think a revised date might be in the works.

I'm not trying to rush anyone, or demand anything, but we've been over a month posting anything on this thread so I thought a bit of a bump was worthwhile in case it had slipped people's minds.

RonBSM

The Upside Down Troll
Tribe Council
Mar 26, 2020
Port Talbot
I think that there is almost too much optimism for events at the moment- the festivals are cancelling still, and people even now still refuse to wear masks and then cause issues around that. It's gonna be a long year.

I don't envy the top table trying to organise this with such wildy moving goalposts

MusingWarboss

Hive Guilder
Oct 31, 2013
There’s optimism at venues at the moment but it’s tempered by the experience of the last year, it’s tough to get geared up and have plans dashed again. So I can understand that venues want to give a fairly confident go ahead this time and are waiting until the latter half of the year before they do.

ClockworkOrange

Executive Officer in charge of Pandemics & Trolls!
Staff member
Yak Comp 1st Place
Tribe Council
Dec 29, 2012
Nottingham
It’s with very heavy hearts that your Tribemeet committee have to advise the following - Obviously Tribemeet UK (2020!) is postponed again.

Should you lose money for hotel bookings etc as a result of this decision you have our heartfelt apologies.

The new dates will be confirmed ASAP and anyone with an existing ticket will be able to carry it over to the new date, should you wish to get a refund please post below. We will then put the ticket up for sale and refund you in full once sold. Unfortunately, we can’t offer a full refund straight away due to the funds already being committed to the deposit for the event.

We hate that a lot of that is copy and pasted from last time.

We had hoped to have the new dates by now but we are waiting on this being confirmed by the venue.

To be honest the energy in the committee is at an all time low, you’ll have noticed my own output has dropped of of late as a result. BUT we will keep the sump gas flame burning! you will all go to the ball!!

Love Clockwork :cry: :cry: :cry:

Ardavion

Gang Hero
Nov 22, 2011
While I am sad to see that we're postponed again, I understand fully that it is decision is borne from events beyond anyone's control; the committee is doing a great job given the circumstances.

I'm still keeping ahold of my ticket and optimistically awaiting a new date to be announced, as well as trying to do more work on minis and possibly even some terrain - I still need to finish off my sea monster mini, and there's doubtless little touch-ups I can do to my boat (or even buy and paint more boats!? Or more sea monsters!?). I may also look again at any "sea/swamp" mats that might be good for putting on tables.

Hopefully the venue will come back soon with a date.

Reactions: ClockworkOrange

Mad Robot

Maddest of Them All
Tribe Council
Mar 11, 2015
Chandler, AZ, USA
www.madrobotminiatures.com
Ha! A mere speed bump in the road of perdition that leads to the sump.

This will give me time to sculpt a few crew members for the Sea Captain, which have just been added to the booty for each attendee ;)

Anyone interested in a sea faring scenario? I could whip up some grim dark jet-skis...

"We shall go on to the end, we shall fight in the underhive,
we shall fight on the sump seas,
we shall fight with growing confidence and growing strength towards the wall,
we shall defend our territories, whatever the cost may be,
we shall fight in the hive cities and in the streets,
we shall fight up to the noble houses; we shall never surrender..."​

Ben_S

Hive Lord
Honored Tribesman
Jul 26, 2015
Southampton, UK
I wouldn't recommend holding it on NYE though. Not unless you want to make it Tribemeet 2021 and 2022 at the same time.

Galtarr

Gang Hero
Mar 1, 2017
I wouldn't recommend holding it on NYE though. Not unless you want to make it Tribemeet 2021 and 2022 at the same time.
Wouldn't that be Tribemeet 2020, 2021 & 2022?

Something about sump-buses in the underhive springs to mind..