Tribemeet Campaign Pack FAQ

Discussion in 'Musings Of The Yak' started by MancInventor, Jan 11, 2019.

1. MancInventor

MancInventor Gang Champion

Fellow Yackers!

Having just released the campaign pack for the UK Tribemeet 2019 event, I thought I should open an FAQ thread to discuss any queries. Post away your questions here and I will accumulate the FAQ in the OP.

spafe and Stoof like this.
  2. MancInventor

RESERVED FOR COMPILED FAQ

Q - Do vehicles have to be able to carry the entire gang?
    No. That rule was to meet the campaign background in the previous Tribemeet campaign. For this campaign, your vehicles can carry as many (or as few) as you like.

Q - Do we still need a Pit Fighter?
    You need a Pit Fighter if you wish to take part in the THUNDERCUBE!!! side game (Why wouldn't you want to??). That's not to say you can't arrange to borrow one off a generous yakker also in attendance as has happened previously, however, we can't guarantee there will be enough to go around. Bring your own to avoid disappointment!

TERMINOLOGY:
    There are two types of gangs, "Hive" gangs, who have opted not to use vehicles, and "Wastes" gangs, who have chosen to spend their scrap and optionally gang creation credits on vehicles and gear for them. All Wastes gangs will have a Hive gang component for use in Hive games. Whilst there is nothing stopping Hive gangs with no vehicles playing on a Wastes table, it might be unwise. Or epic. One of those.

Q: So I could have the smallest permissible legal gang and field a tank? Awesome!
    A: Yes. But you'll be viciously murderised on Hive tables and Melta/Krak weapons are a thing.

RULES UPDATE:
    Issue: You can hardly get anything with a starting scrap value of 300.
    You are right! Due to the short nature of the campaign, and the failings of the scrap on the international markets, you can buy 3 scrap for 1 credit. This will mean that while everyone starts with 1100 creds and 300 scrap, you could use 100 creds to buy 300 scrap and start your list with 1000 credits and 600 scrap, or even more if you choose! Just remember the Hive rating is the one used at the end for totalling up who did the best.

Issue: I have a cunning plan regarding gang creation...
    At the end of gang creation, any leftover credits or scrap is lost - you start your first game with a balance of zero for both. As part of the event is based on the biggest increase in gang rating, this prevents an unscrupulous player from buying a bare-bones gang, playing a game, then hiring the rest of their gang for a massive artificial rating boost. Spend every credit you can at creation!

CLARIFICATIONS:
    Q: What stat line does a dedicated crew member have? A basic Ganger's profile is different for some Outlander gangs.
    A: Since they cost the same for everyone, they have the standard NCE House Ganger profile across the board. They may not have gang generation buffs spent on them (eg mutations or pitslave mods), and do not count towards your Hive gang rating.

Q: How does Turbo work?
    A: Turbo is a type of move as shown in the vehicle movement table - you go faster, but at the detriment of turning and control.
    For example a medium vehicle (M8) that is wheeled can move up to 12" as a normal move, making 3 turns, reverse up to 8" with no turns or turbo move up to 24" but only make a max of 2 turns.

Q: What is my gang rating if I have a gang with vehicles?
    A: A Wastes gang (i.e. those with vehicles) will have two ratings. A Wastes rating, which includes vehicles, and a Hive rating, which excludes vehicles. We recommend keeping a roster of your Hive gang, and a separate one with just your vehicles and equipment on it. When you play in the Wastes, simply add the two together to get your rating total for that game, and when playing in the hive, just use the Hive one.

Q: So what is my gang rating for the purposes of the campaign meta then?
    A: Hive rating, since everyone will have a Hive component.

Q: I have guys on <insert horse/chariot/elephant equivalent here>. What are they in the vehicle rules?
    A: They will be counts-as small, medium or large vehicles. Chariots are counts-as Wheeled and walkers are... well, walkers. It should be fairly easy to work out what category they fit in by passenger capacity and general size.

Q: That makes them really expensive.......
    A: That's not a question. But yes. You think Scavvies are going to just allow fresh wholesome meat to walk around the place being all delicious and succulent? In a world where most of the population has probably never even seen real edible animal meat, a cow is a valuable thing.

Q: Can crew & passengers of vehicles throw grenades?
    A: Yes, including the driver, however any grenade thrown from a moving vehicle will automatically scatter using the standard grenade scattering rules. Remember to still roll to-hit to see if your grenades run out! This does not affect grenade launchers, but does mean a thrown Krak grenade automatically misses.

#2 MancInventor, Jan 11, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2019 at 12:51 AM
  3. Stoof

Stoof Yakmarines 2nd Co. Word Priest
    Tribe Council Yak Comp 2nd Place

Just to say, you will be getting a fully luxurious beautifully printed version of the book too! We thought we'd send the PDF out so you can peruse and ask questions, or even start kitting out your gangs.

4. MancInventor

OP Updated. Post your FAQs here, or DM me, either way if it is relevant I'l stick it in the OP!

Stoof likes this.
  5. CaptainDangerous

CaptainDangerous Chaotic-good 2nd Company Captain
    Tribe Council Yak Comp 3rd Place

Although you’ve decided not to quote them, as far as I can tell, the TribeMeet code of conduct still stands!
    May The Great Yak Mother Betsy, strike a piercing gaze at any who dishonour them....

Code of Conduct:
    -Respect the enemy crushed under your boot
    -Bask in the reflected glory of your conqueror
    -The dice gods are fickle, do not get upset when their plans manifest against you
    -Violence, threats, or insulting language belong in the hive, not in the room
    -Any rules conflicts will be decided by arbitrators
    -Arbitrator decisions are final

I very much hope the yak who is obsessed with yaks, apologises to his yak brothers!
    Organising isn’t easy, and neither is making tough calls.
    That is not to say the rules shouldn’t be questioned, they should, but insulting language should never have a place in any of our dealings! ...Inc. organisers*
    Any decisions that are made, must be respected!

*(I know that it’s banter and deep down we love eachother, but someone not climatized, considering the official nature of this thread, may get the wrong impression)

spafe, Stoof and MancInventor like this.
  6. MancInventor

Changed it - definitely banter/ill-conceived attempt at humour, it won’t happen again.

CaptainDangerous and spafe like this.
  7. Punktaku

Punktaku Un-Dis-Honored
    Honored Tribesman

Based on @ClockworkOrange 's map, is it possible to skip out on your game, cross the "border" and invade another board's game?

8. Stoof

My bad, it was an organiser in-joke and I forgot to mention the FAQ post might need to be sanitised slightly before going public. We're all pals again now.

The three "questions" after this one also contain my own special brand of three times Golden-LOL winning, Emmy nominated humour if you'd like to censor them too. There's also a swear at the end of the "spend all your credits" bit that doesn't make sense now with the text all one colour.

#8 Stoof, Jan 17, 2019 at 6:40 AM
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2019 at 6:46 AM
  9. ClockworkOrange

ClockworkOrange Executive Officer in charge of Trolling
    Staff Member Tribe Council Yak Comp 1st Place

Yep that FAQ answer was nothing to do with this Yak loving Yak @CaptainDangerous weve compromised on the scrap allowance enough now to keep me happy, and also made it so we’ll give people a chance to field a decent number of vehicles if they want to.

I don’t think we’d factored in the seperate scrap allowance and need to also fight in the hive when using the set of points costs from the new streamlined rules. And 3 for 1 is a change that requires the least changes to the already printed supplement.

10. Stoof

No, each area on the beautifully made map represents a number of square miles - you will be fighting over a patch of polluted filth and wrecked machinery somewhere in that sector, not necessarily right beside the next fight over.

11. spafe

spafe Executive Officer in charge of Hats
    Staff Member Necromunda Custodian Tribe Council Yak Comp 2nd Place

Or just a really really big one... :whistle:

12. MancInventor

Never again will I blindly copy and paste your work and claim it as my own! Now I am defamed and told off! Lesson learned. (I did think it was pretty funny though :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:).

CaptainDangerous, spafe and Stoof like this.
  13. CaptainDangerous

Chart of acceptable insults (col1+col2+col3=1insult):
    2691F6C7-CFDD-46C9-8AB0-BD2D9C13828B.png

DArquebus, spafe and Tiny like this.
  14. Stoof

You have to pay extra for most of column three... or so I'm told :LOL:

CaptainDangerous likes this.
  15. CaptainDangerous

Yeah, maggot pies and pigeon eggs ain’t cheap! :LOL::p

spafe likes this.
  16. spafe

One query... what sort of hat is a hell hat? and how can someone be hell hated? is that to be adorned with a hell hat one would presume.

17. CaptainDangerous

You know you’re a ne’er do well, when even hell hates you!*
    ....or provides you with an official hat!

If you are asking literally how do you get one? I guess it would have something to do with being full of sin!?!

*(Hell in the late medieval times was pretty progressive by modern standards!)

spafe likes this.
  18. Ned Noodle

Ned Noodle Gang Hero
    Honored Tribesman Yak Comp 1st Place

:LOL:
    It reads like a scavvie Nando’s menu.
    Just select a type of meat, how you’d like it cook and pick a side. :p

19. Punktaku

Punktaku Un-Dis-Honored
    Honored Tribesman

ok... what is a Nando?!? I heard it mentioned in Bad Education The Movie and misheard it as Nanbo. thought it meant "Nancy boy" as in "they hired a Nanbo band"

20. spafe

Punktaku likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice