Drag to reposition cover

TRIBEMEET MANCHESTER UK 2019 (MankyMeet)

prewarsalad

Gang Champion
Dec 22, 2015
newcastle
My gang ended up like this ... https://yaktribe.games/necromunda/print/gang/36217

Wish I'd used the tool throughout the campaign as it's helped to point out I've not rolled for 8 advances. I've left the gang where it ended up without rolling for the missed advances. I also it seems have an inability to add up as the gang rating is 2132 not 2008 as I had worked out.

I blame the lack of sleep. :sleep: :LOL:

Wondered why some of my gang was quite good while others with similar XP were a bit bland.

If anyone has feedback on the way the Canal Table played I'd be interested to get feedback as I'm planning on changing it for next year. I'm also adding graffiti to it either inspired by the gangs that took part or from what you want adding. ;)
Would it be crass request "f**k MARCO!"?

The Tailor

Juve
Oct 16, 2017
Doncaster, UK
Hatchet face was confused as the currents of the cannel swept him under the water for a second time as he struggled against the giant beast that was more mouth than body, he had been dealing with its smaller brethren easily as the each would climb on top of each other in there rush to attack him it had been a easy matte to club them to death with pre strikes to there skulls. then this giant of a squig, this squgigoth, had come charging in and pushed him right off the bridge.

it wasn't easy keeping his head above the water whilst also keeping its claws from gutting him but somehow he was making it work.

"splash" went the water around him as he saw another squig jump into the water and paddle towards him.

just as the second squig reached him its jaws snapping ever closer he took a deep breath and pushed with all his strength off the squgigoth down into the depths of the cannel into a service duct that took him away from the thrashing water of the squigs.

as Hatchet Face slipped away into the dark tunnels around the dome his thought turned to revenge.

radulykan

Gang Hero
Oct 24, 2013
Burton Latimer, Northants, UK
Lol those were some powerful skill combinations. The plan was to let one side almost win then realease the squigs on the winners, either through the ratskins calling on the hive spirits or as it happened, a beastmasters psychic death scream. Your guy was some kind've embodiment of all of the hive spirits though and didn't have to break a sweat as he waded through beast master after squig after beast master etc maybe he comes back next time with a load of rat skin renegades in tow? Unfortunately the toxic waters have robbed him of some memory and all those skill combos have been forgotten :)

Scavvierising

Ganger
Honored Tribesman
Aug 3, 2016
London
For the bridge graffiti.
Due to one murder hobo in particular that caused my gang to run in terror simply because he got near to them. my leader had just heroically charged in and got shown the ground in a particularly brutal fashion and they were not going to make the same mistake. Can we get "ratskins go home"
This particular ratskin then proceeded to club a herd of squigs to death just for funsies on this very bridge. Thank the Emperor for squigzilla taking him over the edge.
Dicky Spineblast can rest easy knowing the one villein to ever get the best of him is no more....???

Biggle_Bear

Gang Hero
Nov 1, 2017
Through my games I saw an exciting arc emerge.
My first game was a scavengers scenario using captives as the loot the second was a hit and run. Biggle's motive was to terrify the inhabitants into fleeing the area with acts of terrorism, but that didn't work, necromundans have become desensitized to such atrocities. We then reached out to an esher gang for help but our cultural differences, esher and people of another dimension, was too great and we quickly fell into a pitched battle. Partly from the corrupting influence of the universe and frustration of losing to our betrayers a member of Biggle's own gang turned on him and took leadership of them. After that they turned to acting in their own self service and trying to carve their own little section of the area. Unfortunately they failed and continued to suffer losses and greater poverty. The Justice Friends finally left the universe back to their own, worse for wear for their experiences./SPOILER]

Biggle_Bear

Gang Hero
Nov 1, 2017
Kitten heard a noise from the pile of rubble that she had hoped would conceal her position, but wasn't surprised to see Biggle standing there above. The jerk let out a laugh at the sight of her.
"Kitten you smell aweful. And you look like you spent the night in the belly of one of those beasts!" But Biggle's grin disappeared when she leap the distance between them and gave him the same stare as the last one to disturb a nap.
After a moment that felt like an eternity she snatched the hunting rifle from him and told him plainly "next time I'm going to be the sniper and you can get your but kicked."
At that moment Biggle realised that many of her body parts had dematerialised. She would soon need to respawn to avoid dying, but it was a process that would sever the strengthened bond she had to the laws of physics that developed.
As she walked away from Mankfester Biggle interceded "but we still need to save these people."
"Sod 'em!" Snapped kitten in reply. And with a sigh and a heavy heart Biggle conceeded that he wasn't going to be able to accomplish anything in this city.

radulykan

Gang Hero
Oct 24, 2013
Burton Latimer, Northants, UK
Do we have a pic of the troll conga line?

Reactions: CaptainDangerous

Resmire

Ganger
Aug 25, 2017
Manchester, UK

Resmire

Ganger
Aug 25, 2017
Manchester, UK
@Resmire “Me Smart Cawdor! me stand at bottom of tower with supa short range weapons only, whilst stupid Trolls climbed big grey thingys”
More of a case of my side of the board kind of forced me to start low down for the most part.... and had plenty of squigs and zombies to keep me down there unfortunately.... :p

Reactions: ClockworkOrange

Ned Noodle

Gang Hero
Yak Comp 1st Place
Honored Tribesman
Aug 26, 2016
Leyland
aKLMIG8.jpg

The Ghouls decided to take the scenic route into Mankfester via a little pleasure cruise on the canals and sump ways and are met by their hive guide Mick Fungee
ufq6lc8.jpg

The first thing on their minds once they arrived in Mankfester was to feed their grumbling bellies, so they headed out to see what delicious treats the dome had in store for them.
iF7wY7j.jpg

But Gastron was soon in bother when he decided to ask an axe wielding maniac for directions to the nearest hive guys, who showed him exactly were to go, only it wasn’t the answer he was looking for. Marco took vengeance for his bosses beating by hacking another rival ganger to pieces with his trusty, rusty cleaver, but it was of little consolation to Gastrons pride.
N0kHOB0.jpg

Then when everyone suddenly remembered that the area was rife with mutant horrors, when one reared its mangled form and dragged a hapless ganger to it’s sumpy grave.
The rest of the Ghouls grabbed the wounded Gastron and legged it. They’d have to get fed elsewhere.
4HdMrGU.jpg

The Ghouls, with the help of animal tracking expert Mick Fungee, happen upon a delicious looking minagery of a gang. Imagine the things Marco could whip up with this little lot. They set up the ambush and.....
y5t76d0.jpg

Tox bombs, bullets and spears are flying everywhere as the Ghouls prep their next meal. Horse burgers, weasel kebabs, space kitten pie, it’s all on the menu tonight and nothing beats the tang of tox bomb marinated meat. But no turtle soup I’m afraid, Gastron got a special job for those four mutant turtles.
964sBUW.jpg

With their stomachs well lined Gastron and Marco join the rest of the lads on the Captains stag do at the pleasure cube. What happens on tour, stays on tour, but I can tell you, no, assure you, the captain lost more than just his eyebrows.
Bebop of the deft punks was invited on the do but didn’t make it unfortunately, not sure why, Gastron swears he sent an invite....
zQDQYA2.jpg

Hey bebop! Remember when you said you had Gastrons back against Stoof-209 and then did nothing as he bravely fought the beast single handed...... Pay backs a bitch!
l7ZYFNc.jpg

Meanwhile, the Ghouls two scaly brothers, Eddie and Mutant Dangerous, took it upon themselves to heap more misery on the deft punks by staging a hit on there unsuspecting leader while the rest of the crew enjoyed the stag do. First skewering the leader to one of his own men then wildly miss throwing a tox bomb that some how landed at the skewered pairs feet and blowing them of the tower and into the sump below. *scaly fist bump.
The Deft punks boss was later seen emerging from the sludge, limping and with a radiated glow. That guy must be line with lead!
mJPnWu0.jpg

Then it was the big day! The cathedral of Mankfester was festooned with fancy lights and the isles were bustling with expectant guests. Gastrons attire didn’t seem to be going down to well with the other guests, as he’d lost his suit and chose to wear nothing more than a dickie bow, and had to deal with the mutterings of “who’s the naked guy?” the whole day. The bride couldn’t have made it half way down the isle before all hell broke loose and the bullets started flying. The priest was the first to bite it, obviously, but the troll king seized the opportunity to take out Gastron early doors. Knowing full well Gastron was a dangerous, fearless, handsome and down right awesome opponent, the troll shot him in the gut before he could even draw his gun. So, badly wounded and seriously hung over Gastron makes a hasty exit and along with the Ghouls, slinks back off into the underhive. Despite getting hit with a massive axe and shot in the gut by the troll king Gastron had a ball in Mankfester, the stag do was legendary and he did manage to get off with one of the bridesmaids....Their the hairy orange ones pulling the cart right?

Thanks to everyone who help organise this brilliant event. Thanks to all the awesome providers of beautiful terrain to battle over and thanks to everyone who attended for making it a great weekend of gaming with a great bunch of yakkers.

undertaker

Gang Hero
Honored Tribesman
Oct 21, 2016
Nottingham
Some snippets from MankyMeet.

The Deft Punks were taking a nice night-time cruise down the canal when the Undersiders attempted an ambush from up on the bridge - all sneaky and Escher-like.
Didn't turn out so well for them, as the ambushers got ambushed!

Soon the bridge was littered with Escher bodies and heroic Goliaths. Their leader, Alexandria was the first to fall. A squig messed up her hair and she just couldn't bear to live any more.

Biggle_Bear

Gang Hero
Nov 1, 2017
Hey captain, how did the territories end up looking? For the guys that bunched up their territories, what kind of area did it represent to you narrative-wise?

Reactions: CaptainDangerous