Drag to reposition cover

TRIBEMEET MANCHESTER UK 2019 (MankyMeet)

CaptainDangerous

Chaotic-good 2nd Company Captain
Yak Comp 3rd Place
Tribe Council
Oct 30, 2016
Durham, uk
Iv set up the thread, Gangs of Mankfester 2019 in the Miniatures forum so you can all start intimidating eachother!
Be sure to post a picture of your gang, guide, pislave or anything else you might be bringing along with you!
(...there might even be in-game prizes to be won!?!?)

Ardavion

Gang Hero
Nov 22, 2011
I've only booked for the Saturday night, so will be driving down early Saturday morning; do we have an idea of when we're starting on Saturday?

Reactions: CaptainDangerous

CaptainDangerous

Yak Comp 3rd Place
Tribe Council
Oct 30, 2016
Durham, uk
I will be there from half 8, I’d like to get everything set up for half 9, then , after some north eastern mumbling that constitutes for an opening ceremony, I’d like to get things away for 10!

It’s going to be a very relaxed and open play, community event, so no rush to arrive, no pressure to get the games in and every reason to be mad fer it!
We havnt set a time for the wedding yet either, but I dare say there might be one or two bar fights before the ceremony (see op:bar room brawl), and THUNDERCUBE will have a bit of a twist this time and so the Final wIll take place late Saturday and Sunday! (Details to follow)

Punktaku

Un-Dis-Honored
Honored Tribesman
Apr 4, 2017
Connecticut, USA
why oh why can’t i be independently wealthy and have my own jet

ClockworkOrange

Executive Officer in charge of Trolling
Staff member
Yak Comp 1st Place
Tribe Council
Dec 29, 2012
Nottingham
Try setting something up near to you? That said us Brits have a different concept of distance when it comes to this stuff, 300 miles is a long way to get to an event....whereas I believe this is normal for the ex colonials.

2 comments

CaptainDangerous

Yak Comp 3rd Place
Tribe Council
Oct 30, 2016
Durham, uk
Says the guy whom TribeMeet was almost literally on his doorstep! :LOL:
You should check out the flights to Manchester Punk, it’s not a bad place to get to!

Punktaku

Un-Dis-Honored
Honored Tribesman
Apr 4, 2017
Connecticut, USA
while i can’t speak for all of us over here, but 300 miles is a lot unless it’s a major Con (like GenCon; ComiCon, or DragonCon). For smaller things, it’s time. Half hour away? No problem. (heck; where i live everything is a half hour away at least) You hit an hour or more, and it gets to be iffy. PaxEast or AnimeBoston ok. Punktaku’s Attempted Tribemeet? nah.

undertaker

Gang Hero
Honored Tribesman
Oct 21, 2016
Nottingham

CaptainDangerous

Yak Comp 3rd Place
Tribe Council
Oct 30, 2016
Durham, uk
All that’s required for you to secure your spot is to give me your gang name, their house, and a small intro into what they’re about/why are they in Mankfester?
You also need to select either a ratskin scout or a Squig Wrangler (beasty weird) then I’ll add you to the list! Most of everything you need to know is in the OP!

It’ll be good to see you again friend! (....even if you are a captain killing troll defector :p )

Reactions: undertaker

undertaker

Gang Hero
Honored Tribesman
Oct 21, 2016
Nottingham
The old Orange Alliance is something to be feared.
Would you like a permanent Troll gang member? I can make you one.
I still have Mr N Satisfaction that you made me for TribeMeet 2019! But if you want to make another, I cannot refuse. :)

Reactions: ClockworkOrange

CaptainDangerous

Yak Comp 3rd Place
Tribe Council
Oct 30, 2016
Durham, uk
Beware of the Orange side. Anger, fear, aggression - the orange side of the Yak, are they. Easily they flow, quick to join you in a fight. If once you start down the tangerine path, forever will it dominate your destiny. Consume you, it will, as it did Clockwork’s apprentice.

ClockworkOrange

Executive Officer in charge of Trolling
Staff member
Yak Comp 1st Place
Tribe Council
Dec 29, 2012
Nottingham
Did I? What does he look like? I thought that was one I loaned you and you gave me back? I’m not missing one.

It’s important to keep track of the little devils.

1 comments

prewarsalad

Gang Champion
Dec 22, 2015
newcastle
I have just been shafted by work. They have cancelled my holiday on the 4th and 7th. Currently shouting at them to put it back but this may imperil my chances of coming down. :)

prewarsalad

Gang Champion
Dec 22, 2015
newcastle
Tell them you've already got the hotel room booked.

This is one of the things I am shouting at them :) Apparently I should have noticed the cancellation earlier. Might have to sic the IWW on them.

CaptainDangerous

Yak Comp 3rd Place
Tribe Council
Oct 30, 2016
Durham, uk
:confused:*huff*
I really hope they see sense and let you come! Tell them The Captain says “A happy workforce is a productive one!”

But certainly don’t worry if they can’t see the benefits of a healthy and mentally stimulated team member, we can always try to squeeze something in up our way (p.s.that sounds pretty bad) before TribeMeet Newark! Your awesome terrain definately needs to see some action!

radulykan

Gang Hero
Oct 24, 2013
Burton Latimer, Northants, UK
Tell them the mayor of the township of Last Stop does not recognise their authority over him and will do what he bloody well likes!
On The other hand if your non attendance ends up creating another meet up before tribemeet it gives me another excuse/opportunity to duff up the captains gang :ROFLMAO:

CaptainDangerous

Yak Comp 3rd Place
Tribe Council
Oct 30, 2016
Durham, uk
:cautious: I keep forgetting you were the first and only to take down the real captain dangerous! That mini was supposed to last for years, yet he lasted but three games!:mad:

I hereby grant you the title ‘Captainbane’

prewarsalad

Gang Champion
Dec 22, 2015
newcastle
Crisis over. I hope it was the threat of a union.

Just two pieces of terrain left to do. I shall prioritise the back half of the drinking hole then crack on with a million bridges.

Does anyone know where you can get a gaming mat that looks like a sump sea by the way?

undertaker

Gang Hero
Honored Tribesman
Oct 21, 2016
Nottingham
@ClockworkOrange found these table protectors, and was talking about sponging them to give a sum-sea look.

table-protector-heavy-duty-brown-120cm-wide.jpg

Reactions: Stoof

CaptainDangerous

Yak Comp 3rd Place
Tribe Council
Oct 30, 2016
Durham, uk
You mean like these from 2018?....
B03567B1-AF49-4952-BB8A-1F4AAB91F510.jpeg

What colour Sludge you after @prewarsalad?

5 comments

=][=SW1=][=

Gang Hero
Honored Tribesman
Oct 7, 2017
Manchester UK
Terrain wise I'm down for "The Grand Sump Canal" and "Mankfester's Festering Sewers". Unlikely to get the sewers done so needs replacing with the "Flatulence Farm" growers of the finest fungi as served in Gino d'Afungos fancy restaurant (aka that homestead board I've finished).

Also trying to decide on my gangs name. It's going to be inspired by one of the local breweries just which one? :p ;)