TribeMeet Melbourne 2020!

maxwellrpower

Gang Hero
Honored Tribesman
Apr 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
Date might not be the best though, as on that weekend they have the ANZ40K Open at House of War. If the plan is to have it there like previous years or might be an idea to book some tables in advance

Good point! How about we shift it to the weekend before, 21st and 22nd, and I'll talk to HoW about it this week.

Reactions: Deecee

undertaker

Gang Hero
Oct 21, 2016
Nottingham
Since you are planning on using the same rules as the UK TribeMeet, I've posted the NCE and N18 preliminary rules packs for the campaign over here:

Now you can all start building your ships. Enjoy! ;)

maxwellrpower

Gang Hero
Honored Tribesman
Apr 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
@Zeebogie, @Crowbarr, @Akiyama34, @Jarfish, @irlZombie, @Strobe, @Deecee, @burzikak, @VampyrofSol, @Sethmerlin666, @Dr.Fishy....NOOOOoo, @chef0death, @Guyface Killah @--JB-- and @Draconic, apologies for the mass tagging but this is a reminder that TribeMeet is happening on the 21st and 22nd of March and that interested parties need to let me know as soon as possible if they're planning to attend.

Please see the attached guidelines for gang creation Undertaker has kindly posted above! Also if anyone is able to provide terrain please let me know what you've got/are willing to bring along. (y)

maxwellrpower

Gang Hero
Honored Tribesman
Apr 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
Ok fellow yaks down under, with the date rapidly approaching and from what I can tell absolutely no interest in this event I'm gonna call it here and cancel it. Sorry to anyone who was actually planning on coming.
Thanks again to our UK tribemates for generously offering to share all their hard work.

Reactions: CaptainDangerous

maxwellrpower

Gang Hero
Honored Tribesman
Apr 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
Just checking in, I'm confirmed as a "definitely will be attending" are the dates locked in? I'll need to book flights etc
Sorry I didn't see this post until now mate, I'm pulling out of running this event as you are literally the second person to confirm interest. Hopefully somebody who is actually interested in putting a bit of effort into the cat herding will take this over next year, I just ain't that guy! If you ever are in Melbourne and fancy a game though don't hesitate to let me know (y)

Punktaku

Un-Dis-Honored
Honored Tribesman
Apr 4, 2017
Connecticut, USA
D69A2369-8FB9-4E16-B7C5-AAD764D98A30.jpeg

im on the wrong side of the globe, but I was eagerly watching this thread...

CaptainDangerous

Executive Officer in charge of Fraggles
Staff member
Yak Comp 3rd Place
Oct 30, 2016
Durham, uk
There’s no them and us! We are all yaks equally!!
it just wasn’t meant to be this time and it certainly isn’t over! Maxwellrpower is completely right in shutting it down! If there’s no interest then he is better off putting his time and effort into doing something more productive! There is no point in flogging a dead horse!
And you’ve got to look at how bloody big australia actually is! We all live, at the very very most, 8hours casual drive away from eachother (3/4 generally), it is brilliant that they have had two great events already! And I’m sure with all the quality yaks from downunder, that it won’t be very long before we are watching a new event popping up!

All you boys down there have done great! Especially one that I don’t want to embarrass too much!
i look forward to seeing you all at a Aussie TribeMeet someday!

CaptainDangerous

Executive Officer in charge of Fraggles
Staff member
Yak Comp 3rd Place
Oct 30, 2016
Durham, uk
You can clearly see Punktaku crying just afew posts above!
and poor sumpthing was willing to pull a sicky to be there!
it takes balls to put yourself out and try to do something for the greater good at your own expense, and Maxwellrpower should be given a medal, not just for trying, but for winning - two years in a row!
rubbing salt into the wound isnt my idea of supporting a fellow yak!

Luckily for me, I know exactly what you are like!
yang and ying, clove vs evil. Good vs troll!

Reactions: maxwellrpower