Drag to reposition cover

Tribemeet UK 2020 - Event Details

ClockworkOrange

Executive Officer in charge of Pandemics & Trolls!
Staff member
Yak Comp 1st Place
Tribe Council
Dec 29, 2012
Nottingham
Meh, I’m assuming that this is merely your tender boat to take you to your main ship? 😝

• Haha
Reactions: undertaker

spafe

Executive Officer in charge of Hats
Staff member
Necromunda Custodian
Yak Comp 2nd Place
Tribe Council
Feb 8, 2013
Tilehurst, U.k.
Update to the opening post with regards to the current situation regarding Covid 19 and the event.

Stoof

Yakmarines 2nd Co. Word Priest
Yak Comp 2nd Place
Tribe Council
Jun 1, 2016
Ellon, United Kingdom
So it's time for us to address the elephant in the room...

...Megxit. I mean seriously, who does she think... what do you mean that's not it? Oh, that elephant!

TribeMeet 2020 and COVID-19 Coronavirus - Update

Currently we fully intend for TribeMeet 2020 to ahead as planned. We have confirmation from the venue that for now there is no plan to cancel on us, and they do not intend to do so unless they have to. Ultimately though, the Government may declare a lockdown much like Italy and some other Eurpoean countries are experiencing at the moment, which will include a ban on events and public gatherings and potentially travel restrictions.

If the worst happens and we have to cancel this event we will first try to rearrange and failing that try to offer as much as a refund as we can. We have already committed a portion of the raised funds to the venue hire, scenery, rules packs etc. We are awaiting confirmation on how much of the venue payments we will be able to recover, as this is by far the biggest expense we've had.

It is unfortunately unlikely we'd be able to refund everyone the full ticket price at this juncture, but this is a worst case scenario. Please bear in mind that we are not operating this for profit and the committee members will all be out of pocket as well if this happens. We're all in the same boat and we will be as transparent as possible with everyone if the worst happens.

In the meantime please look after yourselves and we sincerely hope to see you in the near future!

ClockworkOrange

Staff member
Yak Comp 1st Place
Tribe Council
Dec 29, 2012
Nottingham
Tribemeet UK 2020 and Coronavirus Covid-19

The event is going ahead!!! Woo hoo UK Yaks are a hardy bunch and we aren’t going to let a little thing like an international Pandemic stop us from playing with our toy soldiers!!

The venue has confirmed that they will not be cancelling unless the Government stops all public gatherings, further they believe that as we have an attendance of up to 50 people that we will not be affected should the Government impose such a ban.

That said we need you the hardy Yakker to adhere to the following rules;
  1. If you believe you have the symptoms don’t attend and follow the advice here https://www.gov.uk/government/publi...ed-or-possible-coronavirus-covid-19-infection
  2. If you regularly come into contact with older people or those with chronic medical conditions please either don’t attend or self isolate from those people for 7 days after the event.
  3. Whilst at the event wash your hands more often than usual, for 20 seconds using soap and hot water, particularly after coughing, sneezing and blowing your nose, or after other people are doing so.
  4. To reduce the spread of germs at the event when you cough or sneeze, cover your mouth and nose with a tissue, or your sleeve (not your hands) if you don’t have a tissue, and throw the tissue away immediately. Then wash your hands or use a hand sanitising gel. At all times try not to touch your mouth eyes or ears.
  5. Avoid touching regularly touched objects and surfaces such as door handles (feet are useful in this instance) to reduce the risk of passing the infection on to other people. These surfaces will be wiped down periodically during the event.
  6. Prior to using the communal hot water urn please wash your hands for 20 seconds using soap and hot water. Only make drinks for yourself and nobody else.
  7. Before and after a game wash your hands for 20 seconds using soap and hot water and inform your opponent to record you doing so on the provided score sheets, bonus points and prizes such as not catching Coronavirus will be awarded.
  8. Try not to touch your opponents models and the provided scenery as much as possible to reduce the risk of passing the infection on to other people, obviously people will not want you to touch these items anyway and they definitely won’t want you to disinfect them!
  9. Bring your own cup, pack of tissues, soap and pack of baby wipes (should you be able to obtain these rare items!)

ClockworkOrange

Staff member
Yak Comp 1st Place
Tribe Council
Dec 29, 2012
Nottingham
Tribemeet UK 2020 Ticket Refund Policy

Unfortunately the only way we have to refund people is via reselling your ticket. Obviously the nearer the event we get the harder this will be, especially with the pandemic.

That said we’ve made lots of Yakkers happy who were on the reserve list, however this list has been blank for the last few weeks.

If you’d like to investigate this option please let us know in the comments below.

ClockworkOrange

Staff member
Yak Comp 1st Place
Tribe Council
Dec 29, 2012
Nottingham
I had hoped that my last big post would be my last words about the virus before the big event - but it seems it just won’t go away.

Now we Brits have languidly moved on from “I say old chap” to “poor show old boy” in the face of international panic, your wonderful Tribemeet UK 2020 committee is closely monitoring the situation* but at present nothing has changed from earlier today.

We can’t get a refund until the venue cancels, and those with accommodation cancellation insurance will still get it closer to the time, so there’s no harm in continuing on the basis that the event is still on.

* @spafe very occasionally says “Gibber”, @MancInventor makes excuses, Clock & @radulykan suggest fun things, @Stoof counts things, @Matt Spencer looks on in bewilderment and @undertaker says “Nyet”

Tiny

Hive Guilder
Tribe Council
Jul 12, 2011
South Wales, UK
www.tinyworlds.co.uk
Sadly I'm going to have to take the sensible(?) precaution and say that I'm going to pull out either way. Its likely only going to get worse over the next 2 weeks so seems prudent.

If the venue don't cancel, I don't really mind not getting a refund but as an asthmatic with elderly(ish) parents and no chance of getting any sick pay, I could really do without catching it so should probably take all the precautions I can.

I'm guessing I won't be the only one so my terrain offerings won't be missed too badly. @ClockworkOrange I'll post you your mat if you PM me your address.

Pretty gutted by the whole thing but health (very narrowly) takes priority over toy soldiers. Thankfully there's plenty of YakEvents throughout the year so I'm sure I'll see you guys for one in a couple of months once all this nonsense blows over.

Doubly gutted that I'm not going to be able to pop to Warhammer World to pick up a copy of the reprint of Lost and the Damned, so if anyone is in the area, let me know and I'll send you money to post one to me.