Tribemeet UK 2022 - Event details

CaptainDangerous

Executive Officer in charge of Fraggles
Staff member
Yak Comp 3rd Place
Oct 30, 2016
Durham, uk
Another THUNDERCUBE! history lesson:
The ancient terrans ‘CUBES were actually spherical, the contestants hung from bungee ropes, and their weaponry wasn’t even attached!
Classic THUNDERCUBE! Is played in a Cuboid!
But only the most debased and desperate fighters, lowest of the low, play in the modern ‘CUBE’
Its all a matter of good taste innit!

Franco

Juve
Sep 20, 2021
I still don’t know what gang I’m playing either. Furiously kit bashing some minis this morning. This time before last year’s event I still had half a table of terrain to finish. It’s tradition.

At least I won’t be painting terrain the night before like @radulykan

Edit: I probably will be painting terrain. It’ll be @radulykan ’s terrain.
I've literally just finished my gang and still working furiously on my pit fighter!

Edster

Ganger
Dec 26, 2018
Nottingham, UK
Hey guys! Its all kicking off here I have no idea what is going on lol - 2x days to go and I still haven't built my list!!

• what time should I aim to get there on Saturday?

and a couple of noob rules questions here - struggling to find the answer in the rule book or on the forums...

For NCE starting/building a gang:
1. do leaders or heavy's get a skill automatically to start with like in N18?
2. is armour or grenades available for starting gangs (mesh/flak)?

looking forward to hanging out!!

Reactions: radulykan and Stoof
Hey guys! Its all kicking off here I have no idea what is going on lol - 2x days to go and I still haven't built my list!!

and a couple of noob rules questions here - struggling to find the answer in the rule book or on the forums...

Hey welcome!

Not sure on starting time, but I can say for certain that no one starts with skills in NCE unless they have a rule that states otherwise and armour is much rarer to find in NCE too so again, no armour unless they have that option already explicitly stated 🙂

Stoof

Yakmarines 2nd Co. Word Priest
Yak Comp 2nd Place
Tribe Council
Jun 1, 2016
Ellon, United Kingdom
No starting armour (it's rare in NCE), no skills, 1000cr gang gen as per the NCE or OCE books (those are clicky links to the book PDFs), which are supported by the tools here. Frag and Krak grenades are common to NCE gangs and can be bought by anyone at gang generation.

Territory tables that supplemant the NCE & OCE ones are here and here respectively (they're just name & fluff changes, so there's no practical difference if you gen from the books).

The committee will be setting up tomorrow afternoon and most of us are camping there, so we'll be there bright and early on Saturday - I recon an official doors open at 9am Sat is probably fine.

The entrance to the area with the building we're using is here (off Drove Lane):

ShowgroundEntrance.JPG

There are several different entrances to she showground site and they don't all tie up!

Now get packing!

Last edited:

Ardavion

Gang Hero
Nov 22, 2011

To generally support @DarkMouse and @Stoof, if the rules don't explicitly state that a gang/ganger has skills, access to armour etc when creating the gang, they don't.

NCE is a much "slower burn" campaign than N18, and you start with less in terms of equipment and skills - it makes that time you get the creds together for a cool piece of kit or when you roll a cool skill much more memorable, though.

Games can start as soon as people turn up and want to play a game, which could be as early as 9am?

Stoof

Yak Comp 2nd Place
Tribe Council
Jun 1, 2016
Ellon, United Kingdom
Games can start as soon as people turn up and want to play a game, which could be as early as 9am?

Pretty much, we'll have a gathering shortly after the start to explain the voting system for your fellow players and the TCU/TCL stuff. Apart from that much like other TribeMeets - find people. Play them. Have fun.

ClockworkOrange

Executive Officer in charge of Pandemics & Trolls!
Staff member
Yak Comp 1st Place
Tribe Council
Dec 29, 2012
Nottingham
Yaks - I think it’s time to show you what you’ll be fighting for! Not only will you be granted the honour of scrawling your name on the ‘CUBE Wall of Champions should you win, you’ll also get to lift this mighty Golden ‘CUBE!!

Manufactured by skilled Troll artisans this mighty 6 sided prize has an equal number of TCL and TCU logos with the hope that the chosen one will bring unity to the two competing codes!!! Good luck and my the dice gods be with you ❤️

Stoof

Yak Comp 2nd Place
Tribe Council
Jun 1, 2016
Ellon, United Kingdom
WELCOME TO TRIBEMEET!
• The good looking Yaks of the committee (identifiable by t-shirt) are happy to say hi and most of them don’t bite! Get to know them before they get to know you!

• Don’t be afraid to jump in and share your hobby with fellow tribesmen! We’ve all had a first TribeMeet and know how nerve wracking it can be! Just relax, introduce yourself, and ask people for a fight!

Things to remember:

• Drink plenty – dont become dehydrated! - water, tea, coffee, whatever.

* Bring a mug if you want hot drinks.

• Wear comfortable shoes. You will be on your feet most the day!

• Think about personal hygiene! (also wear deodorant – just sayin’)

• Bring snacks – don’t let hunger distract you from crushing your foes!

• Treat other Yak’s models with respect – please ask before you touch!

• Don't be tempted to stay up late painting on the nights leading up to TribeMeet! Get some rest instead, the weekend is tiring, trust us!

YakTribe Ethos:

• Be a sport – respect the enemy crushed under your boot and bask in the reflected glory of your conquerer! – The next game might go just as badly for you. Likewise, the world won’t end if you offer a struggling or new player a word of advice here and there.

• Be Adaptive - think Rule of Cool! - Don’t get bogged down with rules conflicts! Either dice-off or approach one of the committee!

• Be Organised - Keep track of your stuff! Dice, phones, whippysticks of great sentimental value etc - It can be easy to lose track of where you've left things. The TribeMeet committee takes no responsibility for loss of any such items.

• Be Nice - Violence, threats and abuse of other players will NOT be tolerated – keep it in the Underhive where it belongs!

• Have fun! We pride ourselves on running a light, fun, non-tournamenty Event. We want everyone - whether they end up with one half-blind one-legged juve at the end, or a gang with the population of a small town rocking plasma cannons and meltaguns - to have had a good time!

Don't Forget:

• The THUNDERCUBE needs spectators! Bring some additional models for the crowd. We especially love seeing Yak-Famous models such as comp entries and colourful characters from your narratives "in the flesh". Do some celebrity spotting at the 'CUBE!

• Be sure to take lots of pictures and share your experiences with the rest of the Tribe! People from all around the world love seeing and reading about what happened!

• If there's something you don't think works or would improve future TribeMeets, say so, we're happy to hear your suggestions!

• Any and all decisions made by Committee members are absolute and final! Warnings will be given for bad behaviour and persistent offenders will be asked to leave without refund!

Sumaki

Ganger
Dec 3, 2012
Unfortunately I won't be able to attend, my wife and two of my snotlings (quite literally right now) have tested positive for COVID and I'm pretty poorly myself.
I'll have to wait for next year. I may have a tables worth of terrain by then.